Home > My Range Rover > 2002 Oslo blue TD6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
bostonvert

Belgium 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Oslo Blue
2002 Oslo blue TD6

Hi there

Very happy to show you my new daily driver. I was daily driving a 300tdi disco for the last 3 years, everyone thought it was a tractor but I love it, still have it and it will be getting a new engine soon and will be getting restored next winter. Long story short, this l322 is so, so, so much nicer to drive!

I'm a big fan of the look of the early l322's, so classic and it has aged very well for being 19 years old now. Plus you hardly every see early l322's anymore!

I was looking on the Belgian classifieds for quite a while without seeing anything good. Most where too far gone, ready for export and sitting on the bump stops or too expensive (Belgians sure like their TDv8's). The majority of the adds seemed quite dodgy, I'm sure you can get the idea.... So it actually took a very long time to find a nice TD6 l322 as they seem to have vanished from the roads here. Funny thing is that you still see a ton of the uglier original RR sports driving around!

This this one popped up at a classic car dealer with a newly rebuilt auto box, I saved it from the dealer as he was planning on tinting the windows and putting RR sport wheels on it!

2002 TD6
Rebuilt transmission
276 k
Interior is pretty clean
Extra set of oem wheels

Click image to enlarge
Click image to enlarge
Click image to enlarge

So whats wrong with it?

Passenger side carpet is soaking wet ( Dont think its the AC line)

doesn't warm up all the way (have a new pump and thermostat, might delete the EGR)
vibration when braking at higher speeds
Rust bubble on rear quarter, will get it repaired in the summer
difficult first start of the day, turn the key and hear a whirring sound and no start (bad battery? I also get the HDC inactive message when starting)
the lever for low range is broken of
Wheels need refinishing

It will be getting a 2 stage polish once I find some spare time[/list]

Last edited by bostonvert on 1st Feb 2021 12:11pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #581956 1st Feb 2021 10:41am
kevinp

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

I do like the colour mate . Very nice. Thing is, the steering wheel is on the wrong side. Mr. Green

Post #581967 1st Feb 2021 11:18am
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Mine didn't warm up until I blanked the EGR. I seem to remember changing the regular thermostat is a difficult job - so I was glad I didn't have to do it.

Mine also had all of the glow plugs changed.

Looks a nice one. Thumbs Up

Post #581975 1st Feb 2021 11:59am
bostonvert

kevinp wrote:
I do like the colour mate . Very nice. Thing is, the steering wheel is on the wrong side. Mr. Green

LHD is what the civilized world uses but I do have an RHD RRC and a One Ten. Have to admit, shifting a rhd vehicle does feel more natural for me

Post #582107 2nd Feb 2021 11:34am
bostonvert

So the first breakdown is a fact after just 2 weeks! yesterday when picking up a new dishwasher of all things the car refused to start. It was parked on a small slope and it just kept cranking. After several tries it did start and at first it drove fine untill I tried to accelerate past 50-60km's and it wouldn't.

Great, went into iimp mode (quite frightening at first as I've never had a vehicle do this before) but I made it home. used it again in the evening for a short drive shifting manually and on the way back it suddenly shut down and lost all power. Pulled over and I got the dread Fuel Injection System code.

Replaced the diesel filter 2 weeks ago and this sunday i filled up the tank 100% for the first time, until then I always filled it up halfway. I'm hoping that it wont be stuck in limp mode anymore today but my friend is going to hook up the scanner to see whats wrong.

Oh and my bottom tailgate doesn't shut all the way anymore, thank god I have a disco as a backup vehicle Rolling Eyes

Post #582108 2nd Feb 2021 11:42am
KurtVerbose

Do you have a backup for the Disco?

Post #582110 2nd Feb 2021 12:06pm
tpeat12

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Epsom Green

Could be the secondary low-pressure fuel pump. Mine went after only a couple of weeks of ownership and was worried it was something more serious. If it decides not to start try removing the panel beneath the nearside (offside for your car) rear passengers seat and giving it a tap with a screwdriver. Mine whirred into life when I did so and the car started fine - fairly easy thing to replace and that part isn't too expensive.

I'm fairly sure that I got a similar fault code when I plugged in my scanning tool.

Post #582112 2nd Feb 2021 1:09pm
TomV8

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

Well done for saving it Bostonvert. It looks lovely, but I am biased as Iā€™m also a big fan of the 2002-2005 L322s. Very best of luck working through the issues. 2004 L322 4.4 V8 Vogue Bonatti Grey
(205,500 miles and counting.......)

Post #582179 2nd Feb 2021 10:34pm
bostonvert

Cheers guys

My girlfriend happens to drive a Nissan, its an awful thing but indestructible!

A friend of mine with a scanner reset the car and I had a wonderful drive home until the last hill where it lost power again so back into limp mode. So as mentioned above I think I'm going to replace the secondary fuel pump, its cheap and its a high milage car anyway so it wont hurt

Thank god I got a years worth of full European breakdown coverage as I'll have to drive it down to Madrid in the fall

Post #582554 6th Feb 2021 10:09am
bostonvert

So this happened this weekend...on saturday evening I pulled up at my future in-laws because we had a lot of stuf to haul home and while backing back down the drive it stalled and did not want to start anymore. My guess is its the secondary fuel pump as it was already back in limp mode after a reset on friday. While trying to start it again the starter decided to go as well.

Thank god I have tow assistance! Dropped it of at my mechanic friend and we'll see when it gets fixed. A shame because we got our first real snow today Confused

Post #582775 8th Feb 2021 9:50am
bostonvert

Its been a while since I've posted here and its been a joy to drive since its been repaired. Bought my first house last month and working on it now so this car is so useful hauling around supplies and tools!

The secondary fuel pump was bad and apparently the wiring going to it has issues that my mechanic buddy fixed and he replaced the starter as well, which was on the brink of dying as well. Thanks to Autodoc is was a very cheap repair!

Post #586743 9th Mar 2021 9:55am
KurtVerbose

Glad you're back on the road. Thumbs Up

Post #586747 9th Mar 2021 10:15am
vs322

Greece 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Lovely example. Take good care of her and she won't let you down. Take your time and go the extra mile with maintenance if you have to. They're worth it.
If you keep getting the HDC inactive message on startup, you'd better change your battery. Ask me how I know Whistle

Post #586812 9th Mar 2021 6:02pm
Oilee

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover SE Td6 Adriatic Blue

great looking car you have there. 2003 4.4 V8 Vogue. Oslo Blue.
2003 TD6 SE, Adriatic Blue, no sunroof, no heated seats, but I did love it.

Post #586818 9th Mar 2021 6:33pm
TomV8

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

Brilliant to have a positive update bostonvert. It looks like a really nice FFRR. I hope it keeps running well for you šŸ‘ 2004 L322 4.4 V8 Vogue Bonatti Grey
(205,500 miles and counting.......)

Post #586861 9th Mar 2021 8:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>