Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > MY18 L405 P0047
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
jackcramerr

Good question Slow progress. Fuel does degrade.

I only put 15 pounds fuel in the tank in the p400e so if I get issues I can add more to make it work.
I am not going to charge the car for a few days so I can use the petrol. I think petrol degrades within months.

Post #601083 19th Jul 2021 8:43am
James W

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Siberian Silver
Re: MY18 L405 P0047

Kot wrote:
So my 1st tech fault after my 1st month of ownership Rolling Eyes

Noticed the amber engine light illuminated, I was not far from home so carefully drove home.
Searched the forums (as you do lol) then took my new BT Autel and plugged in.

There was P0047 fault code Turbocharger/supercharger boost control 'A' circuit low. Possible causes
Faulty turbo charger boost control solenoid
Turbo charger boost control solenoid harness (short to ground).

So next step I reset the code and all returned to normal -amber engine alarm disappeared, took the car for a good spin.
All good very happy with myself (why I dont know).

A week later (yesterday), yes you guessed it, the light came on again, noticed it about 3 mins into journey to the local forest.
Early morning, car still warming up, and not gone over 40 mph yet.

It reset again, and again took it for a good run.
Looks like ~I have an intermittent fault, my guess its maybe getting water at a connection or harness somewhere is rubbing and its an intermittent earth issue.

I intend to have a good look under the bonnet but dont want to go to far due to it still in warranty.
Booked in with the Dealer 1st week of May (Yes its pathetic trying to get a decent time slot at the moment) it is an approved used FF with LR extended Warranty, also I have an other separate issue I will post soon.

Has anyone had the same intermittent fault code? if so what was the issue.

Mine has just done this, same code, no obvious symptoms. Have cleared code for now, will monitor. I wonder if mine has had the recall done 🤔

Edit/update: so it seems the fault is persistent, same code. Easily cleared but needs sorting. I’ll call the original dealer tomorrow and see if they can confirm if N375 has been done as a recall, otherwise it will be a trip to the local Indy to see what’s up. FFRR SDV8 Autobiography

Post #673508 16th Sep 2023 2:54pm
James W

Another update: Dealer surprisingly helpful, confirmed the N375v2 Service Instruction has already been completed when the vehicle was being prepped for Approved Used sale. Even checked the parts had been ordered/fitted etc. on their records.

So it's off to my local indy then! Hope it doesn't need a whole new actuator FFRR SDV8 Autobiography

Post #673664 18th Sep 2023 8:34am
James W

Just been to helpful indy garage. He confirmed all my thinking, it's defo oil in that loom but he said it's worth trying a new 'mod' loom first as the level sensor is fully functional and he also said a lot of the time when the dealers fit the mod they don't clean out the existing wiring harness. I also need an ECU update so hopefully that will help with service intervals. Booked it in to be done FFRR SDV8 Autobiography

Post #673878 20th Sep 2023 8:45am
James W

Update! So I got the "mod"/recall loom replaced again at my trusted indy today. The plan was for him to re-do the job, but this time take time to really clean out the wiring properly with brake cleaner and an air line. Apparently (despite the approved used LR dealer confirming it!!) The mod/recall had NOT been done! So either the service guy on the phone did a good job of telling me porkies, OR some LR tech got an hours feet-up time when he was supposed to be fitting this mod as the parts and the book time were charged to this car as part of its pre-approved prep! For now I'm just happy to know where I'm up to and that the mod has been done properly. The warning lamp is off for now!

I've also had a full ECU software update. FFRR SDV8 Autobiography

Post #675193 9th Oct 2023 7:53pm
James W

Warning lamp returned. What is not sure now is whether it's because oil is tracking or if the turbo actuator is now goosed from the oil. I suspected the second turbo wasn't working so booted it on the motorway today and got restricted performance. And the following errors. So it's not well!!

Back to garage next week Sad

============================
OBD-IIOBD-II
DTCs: 10
----------------------------
P0047 [0x0047]
Turbocharger (TC) boost control solenoid/supercharger (SC) boost control solenoid - circuit low
P0234 [0x0234]
Turbocharger (TC), engine boost condition - limit exceeded
P22D5 [0x22D5]
Turbocharger (TC) inlet valve position sensor - circuit range/performance
P2562 [0x2562]
Turbocharger (TC) boost control position sensor - circuit malfunction
P006A [0x006A]
MAP sensor/MAF or VAF sensor bank 1 - correlation
P006A(85) [0x006A85]
MAP sensor/MAF or VAF sensor bank 1 - correlation
Status: Pending, Test failed since last DTC clear, Test not completed during this operation cycle
P0234(77) [0x023477]
Turbocharger (TC), engine boost condition - limit exceeded
P22D5(36) [0x22D536]
Turbocharger (TC) inlet valve position sensor - circuit range/performance
Status: Test failed, Test failed (current drive cycle), Pending, Test failed since last DTC clear
P2562(84) [0x256284]
Turbocharger (TC) boost control position sensor - circuit malfunction
Status: Test failed, Test failed (current drive cycle), Pending, Test failed since last DTC clear
P0047(11) [0x004711]
Turbocharger (TC) boost control solenoid/supercharger (SC) boost control solenoid - circuit low
============================ FFRR SDV8 Autobiography

Post #675584 15th Oct 2023 2:46pm
James W

Might as well keep updating this now.

After a couple of hours in the garage we are no further. Essentially we have two error codes persisting, one relating to the secondary turbo actuator and another relating to the secondary turbo valve.

Current working hypothesis is that damage was done to the turbo actuator by the oil in the loom (which now has the recall fix done, see above) which is causing that fault, and that the sticking valve was due to me driving carefully for so long due to EML and then hoofing it at the weekend. The value fault would cause the restricted performance.

Vehicle is currently driving fine, and secondary turbo working fine above 2500RPM. EML comes back on with a warm re-start.

The strangest thing is that the two turbo faults (value and controller) remain in memory even if cleared on various systems, extinguishing the EML. That is very strange.

Going to drive for a week or so and collect more fault codes to get a better data set to work from. FFRR SDV8 Autobiography

Post #675870 19th Oct 2023 9:41am
P20253

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Barolo Black

Hi James, any updates on this? Did you get it resolved?

Post #688582 21st Mar 2024 10:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123