Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > Placing order tomorrow - 5.0 SC engine or P400 – 3.0L 400H
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

That is an amazing colour, very eye catching.

Thinking about the original design features, clam shell bonnet, split tailgate and floating roof, I would go for the
body coloured roof.

That car looks so good, took a long time to warm to the 405, now I'd love one like that. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #591775 19th Apr 2021 8:18pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Thanks for your comments Merchy - I was also thinking that myself about the roof.

I'm just not sure if the contrast black roof divides the car up a bit too much, making it almost appear half Rossello Red, half black.

Thanks again Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #591778 19th Apr 2021 8:34pm
Boatmechanic

Sweden 

Nice color!

Get the 5.0 SC. It is not noisy in the RR. It is noisy in the RRS, not to talk about the F-Type.

Get the regular wheel base. It looks much better.

Get 21 inch wheels. They drive much better. 20 inch would be even better, but I don’t think they are available in Autobiography trim.

Remember that you are buying a Range Rover and not an Escalade.

Post #591779 19th Apr 2021 8:40pm
Martin2

England 

aja500 wrote:

The front grille and bumper will be standard Autobiography, so slightly different, but I'm going for the same paint colour (Rossello Red), same wheels, same privacy glass etc, while having the side vents changed to match the SV ones in the photo attached - So the car should look pretty similar to the photo above.

Just one final question, based on this photo and your opinion, contrast black roof, or body coloured roof?

Body coloured roof as you haven’t got any other black on the car (other than the sunroof I guess)

That does look fantastic Thumbs Up MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #591782 19th Apr 2021 8:50pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Beautiful and classy colour. To me it’s simple, if you are going to keep such silver wheels I’d keep the roof the same as the body colour. I think that looks more balanced.

But if you fancied a floating black roof which in my opinion looks fantastic, then I think the wheels need to match it as well to maintain the overal design balance.

Ultimate just get what you prefer 👍

Ps. Sounds like there was something wrong or not standard with the L322 5.0SC experience you had, they are really quiet. Too quiet when you are inside in my opinion. So you’ll have nothing to worry about with the current model as long as you stay away from the SVA and aftermarket exhausts. Although mine is valves so I have best of both worlds.

Post #591783 19th Apr 2021 8:51pm
aja500

Thank you all for your kind comments - I think everybody is right, the body coloured roof will be best and I fully understand what blackdog means about balance.

With regards to the wheels, I still have a set of 20 inch here with 7mm on from my old 2016 4.4 SDV8 (see attached). I bought these brand new 12 months ago off eBay with brand new tyres for £900 (bargain) as I found the Turbine 22's were too firm for me on my last FF.

I would get standard wheel base again, but I'm removing the rear seats and need maximum space for our large Pyrenean Mountain Dogs (those of you who've seen my other recent post will know the story here).

I'm going to see if the longer wheel base helps soften the 22's, if not, I'll revert back to these (although I know something will be lost in terms of looks).

Post #591787 19th Apr 2021 9:04pm
jackie-o

Netherlands 

Skip the tinted windows and you pretty much have the perfect spec car in my humble opinion Bow down RR Vogue 4.4 TDV8 - 11
Toyota Land Cruiser Prado - 02

LR Discovery 4 SDV6 -11 - Gone
RR Vogue 3.6 TDV8 - Gone

Post #591843 20th Apr 2021 11:09am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Agree with jackie-o, don't like privacy windows but the colour is great. I had a P38 virtually the same colour which I loved. Made the mistake of having tan leather. It looked great as a combination, but was very hard to sell!! Rosello with Ivory I bet is lovely AJA Thumbs Up All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #591846 20th Apr 2021 11:30am
CSK

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

I would definitely have the tinted windows since this will be much more comfortable for your dogs in summer!
And definitely go V8 Supercharged!
Very nice choice of colour by the way!

Post #591847 20th Apr 2021 11:37am
Kot

United Kingdom 

I like the colour but feel the Byron Blue looks class.
Dont get a black roof. I personally like privacy glass anything that reduces the Portugal heat when the AC fails.
Chrome is the way to go no black packs or black wheels 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #591866 20th Apr 2021 2:11pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

We're all different, but as above, your dogs will appreciate the dark windows.

I like the black roof with black windows rather than the floating roof. Just don't go for the silver roof - I really don't get that one.....

Post #591871 20th Apr 2021 3:18pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

I've had the 5.0S/C, a new one back in 2016 and in my opinion it's much more refined than any of the diesels for normal motoring unless you use all the performance and then it gets a little raucous but in a nice way and boy, do they shift, it almost made me laugh out loud Very Happy For long distance motoring on autobahns etc I don't see much benefit over a diesel as they are all very refined at high cruising speeds but on ordinary roads then far superior.

In terms of looks I think the black roof spoils the look, there's just a touch too much going on with the side vents/wheels etc and I think body coloured roof is the best option by a mile and it will look very classy in that colour Thumbs Up

Post #591888 20th Apr 2021 5:10pm
aja500

Thank you everybody for your comments, all of which I actually agree with in one way or another.

Firstly, I'm glad everybody seems to like the colour. It's very similar to my last car, this was a colour called Ruffina Red. I sold this car (a SDV8 Autobiography back in February), 30,000 miles and never cost me a penny other than servicing - Fantastic car. (see photos below).

So the car was ordered today and the deposit paid. In short, 5.0 SC AB LWB in Rossello Red and Ivory Leather

In terms of spec discussed within the thread, firstly the privacy glass. This is a real tough one for me....... Although it was on my last FFRR pictured below, it wasn't my choice. I bought the car with 12k miles on so that's how it came, but I wouldn't have chosen it. I've always been very anti privacy glass. My 2007 L322 4.4 V8 petrol Vogue is in Buckingham Blue with Parchment (no privacy glass) still looks stunningly elegant to this day.
I personally like to see the interior of a car, especially when it's contrasted with an Ivory (as this new car is) but as one or two people have pointed out, I have decided to spec it for the benefit of the dogs.

Black roof..... I've also done away with this, going instead for the body coloured option (silver is actually no longer available, although it did used to be, as Alistair points out).

Kot mentions the Byron Blue, I do really love this colour also. I actually ordered a 2018 model year Byron Blue back in October 2017, but LR kept messing me about with the delivery date, so I cancelled it and bought the 66 plate bellow (apparently the delayed delivery was caused by issues LR were having with the deployable armrest at that time).
I'm also with Kot on not going for black packs and black wheels, although I realise from looking at the used cars available online, that we're largely in the minority - I guess that's OK though, there's no right or wrong, we're all different.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #591914 20th Apr 2021 7:57pm
Boatmechanic

Sweden 

Call dealer and change to tan leather. Much nicer. Should go better with the red as well.

Post #591921 20th Apr 2021 8:13pm
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

That's gorgeous. Thumbs Up

BTW I was a long term customer when it was Caffyns Lewes (15 years) and had excellent service. Salesman was Bruno who was first class. Though they did know that I worked at the big house just up the road. Wink

He retired and a year or so later I went in to make an enquiry about buying a D4. The "sales rep" could hardly take the time to speak to me never mind trying to make a sale. Changed days. John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #591922 20th Apr 2021 8:15pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>