Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > New to me L322 2012 Overfinch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Ffrr-lover

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

After the car was done at the garage it was filthy. Yes it should have been washed while there, and yes I should have complained… but at that point I was just glad to get her back!
I had planned to spend time soon giving her a good clean and clay bar treatment anyway.

So off I went to Halfords to buy everything I need after gleaning lots of information from the various threads and member advice. Only stage 1 clean for now… I’ll tackle the clay bar another time.

Yesterday was a hot day, and the 1st bit of advice is “avoid the sun”! And as the car is in the sun all day that means no chance of cleaning… except at 8pm I thought “the weather is perfect!” Still warm enough, sun is less intense and disappearing, and no wind! Ideal!
Except, no one told me about the bugs Censored
As I’m doing the final rinse was every bug in the area decided to descend on my car and stick to the wet surfaces! That makes drying difficult Laughing

Finishing up the clean when it’s dark was tricky, but got it done and she looks good this morning. Currently driving: 2012 L322 SE Overfinch 4.4 tdv8

Past rides:
2014 Audi Q7 3.0d (good riddance)
2010 L322 Autobiography 5.0 Supercharged
2011 L320 HSE 3.0 sdv6
2014 Jaguar XF-RS 5.0 supercharged
2007 BMW 535D
2005 Mini Cooper S

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic59478.html

Post #595792 30th May 2021 7:39am
Ffrr-lover

So this Overfinch I have isn’t a real overfinch. I kinda thought it was after a few little clues such as LR spare wheel, no internal badging (except tread plates) and a few badly fitted areas…
I jacked the car up while looking at bushes and brakes and while I was there I had a bit of a look around and the aftermarket kit isn’t fitted overly well Censored

Click image to enlarge

This picture shows the rust within the back bumper and its rotten through. The side skits are terrible, the under tray and wheel arch protection is not even attached properly (it can’t be as the shaped do not match) and there are even a few loose bits with nowhere to go.

The quality of the paintwork is also poor compared to the body work. The lacquer is flaking and lots of stone chips.

To be honest I’m a bit deflated with it all as I’m finding more and more things that need to be dealt with. I know owning an L322 is not maintenance free, but I thought I had a good handle on what was needed… without the extra hassle of the bodywork (and brakes).

This car is not the well maintained vehicle it was supposed to be. Crying or Very sad Currently driving: 2012 L322 SE Overfinch 4.4 tdv8

Past rides:
2011 L320 HSE 3.0 sdv6
2007 BMW 535D
2005 Mini Cooper S

Post #601005 18th Jul 2021 10:33am
Ffrr-lover

Some photos…
None of the paintwork as the car is filthy (I’m not around next week so no point cleaning)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Currently driving: 2012 L322 SE Overfinch 4.4 tdv8

Past rides:
2011 L320 HSE 3.0 sdv6
2007 BMW 535D
2005 Mini Cooper S

Post #601009 18th Jul 2021 10:42am
Barmybrummie

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Ffrr-lover go on the overfinch website and do an authenticity check. It costs £50 but worth the money. I did it to mine and for some reason they still had mine on file even though it's a 2008. They didn't keep the archives pre 2010 but mine was on file so I got lucky.

https://www.overfinch.com/store/merchandis...ity-check/

I don't have an overfinch spare wheel either, mine has 22's on and it won't fit in the spare wheel well so that's possible the reason why you still have a normal rr wheel.

I also don't have overfinch interior badges either except on steering wheel and also have the overfinch kick strips. I am going to buy the interior badges at some point but they are expensive. I would say yours is genuine but the little things like the badges are an added extra, depends on the owner at the time of conversation whether he wanted to pay a few hundred more for badges. John61 on here knows his stuff on overfinch I'm sure he'll pop up and give you more info. Hope this helps.

Post #601026 18th Jul 2021 12:51pm
Barmybrummie

If you have badly fitted panels, you think it may have been in a slight accident? What is the service history like? Not just stamps in the book but invoices to back up the history? Quick research of the service book, call the workshop that did it and see if you can get the invoices posted to you, at a charge of course but then it will give you piece of mind and see if it has been well maintained.
My mate done in it his rr sport, went to the dealer in Leicester and cost him £45 to get the service history.

Post #601029 18th Jul 2021 12:57pm
Ffrr-lover

Barmybrummie wrote:
I don't have an overfinch spare wheel either, mine has 22's on and it won't fit in the spare wheel well so that's possible the reason why you still have a normal rr wheel.

Ah, I really expected the spare to not be badged Land Rover! Then it may be genuine… I’ll give them a call to see just so I know for sure.

I want this car to be one to be proud of, and intend to spend time and some money in getting it there. Next time there is a meet, I’ll take a look at other cars to compare and see what needs to be done to get where I want it to be. Currently driving: 2012 L322 SE Overfinch 4.4 tdv8

Past rides:
2011 L320 HSE 3.0 sdv6
2007 BMW 535D
2005 Mini Cooper S

Post #601058 18th Jul 2021 7:49pm
Ffrr-lover

That’s a good shout barmybrummy about getting copies of invoices! Thumbs Up
It has full history but nothing to back that up.

It’s possible it’s been in an accident. My checks before buying the car didn’t show anything… but it still could have been.

Now I know about the back bumper rusting through like that, I will be sorting it and as part of that I’ll look at the rest of the car with that in mind. Currently driving: 2012 L322 SE Overfinch 4.4 tdv8

Past rides:
2011 L320 HSE 3.0 sdv6
2007 BMW 535D
2005 Mini Cooper S

Post #601059 18th Jul 2021 7:54pm
Barmybrummie

What size wheels do you have on yours? Obviously when mine was bought new it came with 20" wheels then sent to overfinch for the conversion. I would give them a call, I phoned them up and spoke to a lady who was really helpful, give her your reg and vin number and hopefully she'll still have it on file. Shell then direct you to buying the certificate on their website and then explaining in the drop-down box that your car is still on file and wish to purchase the certificate. Hopefully it still will be, they email you a copy plus a nicely presented embossed hard copy. Let us know how you get on.
Good luck with your history search and hopefully not cost you to much for the invoices.
The lady who owned it at the time spent a fortune on it on repairs and maintenance and have a folder full of invoices to prove, it wanted for nothing. She also had a slight prang in it as it needed a new wheel, side skirt and wing damage, all backed up by invoices. So, well worth it if you can get the invoices for your car. Don't despair, I'm sure all will be ok in the end, just keep digging.

Post #601063 18th Jul 2021 8:28pm
John61

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Hi sorry for the delay hope this helps. Wheels , a good indication is as you say the branding on the inside also the distance of the bolt holes to the centre of the wheel if close , 4mm or so that’s a good sign as a sign of strength of material so looking good. Badges, genuine conversions I have seen have the steering wheel badge changed more often than not. Aero body kit , looks right also checked as a comparison on mine , the bracket at the rear looks correct but fitment not. On the V8 supercharged the exhaust tips don’t completely attach to the bumper outlets but are aligned with a small gap. I can’t find any images of how the diesel should look but suspect a different rear box would have been required to provide the same type of alignment. Not 100% on this so will continue to investigate for my own interest and will update if I find anything. Wheel Sets, checked the brochure and price lists I have , sets are sold as x4 with an option to purchase a single one as a spare so having four and a LR spare is not an indicator that not an official conversion. Conversion records, as Barmy says there was a change in ownership Dec 2010 so records are only likely to be held for older vehicles if they were converted after that date. This is possible as this has always been an option , conversions can be done at any time not just from new. Holland and Holland Range Rover By Overfinch

Post #603125 7th Aug 2021 6:30pm
Ffrr-lover

Sorry BarmyBrummie and John61… I missed your responses until now!

It’s a good shout to call Overfinch for a certificate. I’ll then maybe know if it is an Overfinch. Also I will be calling around for copy invoices to fill the gaps in the history. At the moment I have a few jobs that need doing before I pay any £££ or start calling.

It’s also reassuring to hear confirmation about the 5th wheel, exhaust, etc… I do still wonder about the finish quality tho… but will tackle the body work once she’s mechanically sound. Currently driving: 2012 L322 SE Overfinch 4.4 tdv8

Past rides:
2011 L320 HSE 3.0 sdv6
2007 BMW 535D
2005 Mini Cooper S

Post #603329 9th Aug 2021 11:21pm
Councillor

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Fuji White

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Hi,
We toyed with black, and were adamant we weren't getting a white fatty.
Then saw The White Dragon, 2011 5.0SC Autobiography, and just had to buy it.
I've got the Overfinch Certificate, and thoroughly recommend you getting it.
Within the first 6months I had to replace the front air bags. But it's the greatest thing ever.
Good luck on yours

Post #603750 14th Aug 2021 9:10am
RAGE72

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Autobiography Black 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Barmybrummie wrote:
Ffrr-lover go on the overfinch website and do an authenticity check. It costs £50 but worth the money. I did it to mine and for some reason they still had mine on file even though it's a 2008. They didn't keep the archives pre 2010 but mine was on file so I got lucky.

https://www.overfinch.com/store/merchandis...ity-check/

I also don't have overfinch interior badges either except on steering wheel and also have the overfinch kick strips. I am going to buy the interior badges at some point but they are expensive. I would say yours is genuine but the little things like the badges are an added extra, depends on the owner at the time of conversation whether he wanted to pay a few hundred more for badges. John61 on here knows his stuff on overfinch I'm sure he'll pop up and give you more info.
Hope this helps.

I have just bought what i believe is an overfinch 2009 but the link says 2011 or before is unavailable

Post #603792 14th Aug 2021 6:54pm
John61

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

A change in ownership means that records will only exist after that date unless a conversion was commissioned later than the original build. A phone call may clarify if they can help. Holland and Holland Range Rover By Overfinch

Post #603916 16th Aug 2021 2:04pm
Barmybrummie

Ffrr lover, any more updates on yours yet matey?

Post #604389 21st Aug 2021 6:42pm
Ffrr-lover

Hi BarmyBrummie.
I’ve not made contact with Overfinch yet. Ive been concentrating on the rear bush replacement and wanted that financial outlay to stop (along with birthdays and holiday) before sparing another £50 on a certificate.
Unfortunately there are still some issues I need to deal with which cost £££ so the certificate will still be a little while yet.

I now feel the lose front bushes, can still hear and feel clonks when hitting certain bumps (I thought fixing the rear would have solved that… but read plenty of reports of fixing the front stops the rear clonks!) - but my biggest concern is the continued bouncing rear left wheel when hitting imperfections in the road Big Cry
I expected the rear bush, control arm and link replacements to fix that, but given that I’ve changed everything except the anti roll bar bushes then it must be the rear struts as there isn’t anything else left! (I was told the struts were tested and working normally)

I’ve started compiling a list of all service details and intend to contact all garages for copies of work orders etc to build a portfolio of work that have been done, to go with the work I am now doing. So that is a positive step Smile Currently driving: 2012 L322 SE Overfinch 4.4 tdv8

Past rides:
2011 L320 HSE 3.0 sdv6
2007 BMW 535D
2005 Mini Cooper S

Post #604404 21st Aug 2021 9:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>