Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > beep beep beep..................beep beep beep..............
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green
beep beep beep..................beep beep beep..............

So the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep beep beep beep hasn't reoccured but the new one is, at random, no warning lights or anything: beep beep beep pause beep beep beep pause and keeps going till you turn the bloody car off and on and it is gone. sometimes for days.

I have no clue, I have gone through everything, cycled the hi/lo transfer case, cycled through terrain response (central diff lock in neutral came up for older LR models) but nothing.

I am sure there is not a single warning light on. I can't for the freaking life of me think what it is.

Sometimes it looks like it is linked to applying the brakes (no lights, brakes are fine from my last inspection, plenty thickness on the pads etc.)

Anyone any ideas????

By the way the sound comes from a sounder on near the headlight switches area so between steering wheel and door, near my right knee. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #594117 13th May 2021 11:33am
maric995

Croatia 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Did you check small electric fan in the engine compartment ecu box (big black box with ecu's with screws on top, left of the engine).
This box is conected with tube to the cabin, and when this small fan starts to sqeak it often sounds like some buzzing alarm. Rolling Eyes
I fixed mine with a squirt of wd, or you can replace it with new.

It took me months before discovering it Laughing RR HSE 4.4 2006 LPG

Post #594197 14th May 2021 7:06am
ebajema

Definitely worth a check !!! MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #594214 14th May 2021 10:01am
ebajema

It may be that I have found the cause of the issue.

Today it was clear the FF was marking it's territory, not like a traditional English automotive product as it was more vibrant in colour than the marks of old. It was in the Dutch national colour, maybe a protest against yet another resounding defeat of the Dutch national football team. Who knows.

Since the FFRR was here, I noticed a slight usage (leakage as it turned out) of coolant. Till today I could not find where the heck it was coming from but I did notice the rate of leakage increased in the past week or so.

I also noticed that topping up the coolant made the same sounding beeps on start up go away. Note I didn't get the low coolant warning (different sound, more like the dreaded bongs, plus the warning triangle and text) till last week.

I haven't had the beep beep beep for a long time either, so still not a 100% sure but I have been topping up more regularly (and now I know why I had to). So my conclusion is that it is some sort of prewarning or somewhere in the cooling circuit a sensor notices something awry but not enough to raise the temp or anything.

Anyway as it turns out the coolant pump is fooked (pressure test today showed what I already feared) and if all goes well, the new pump arrives tomorrow and they expect to have it fixed by end of the day tomorrow. Cost 1000 NZD all in (530 odd for the pump), not too bad me thinks. The workshop is the AA workshop in town and they have a very good reputation.

The closest dealer (Hamilton, a few hours away) said none were in country (in their system) and our local Britpart outfit also didn't have them in stock. So I was already looking at canceling the trip (to the great dismay of our youngest, she was very keen to go snowboarding with me and big sister, not to mention the long drive in her favourite car EVER) but sounds like the AA workshops have access to a different warehouse of parts than the dealers.

Glad it failed now as we're going snowboarding next Monday !!!!!

So unless I'm wrong and the beep beep beep comes back some time in the future after the coolant pump is fixed, for now I'm assuming that it was caused by the coolant issues. Time will tell !!! MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #599235 30th Jun 2021 10:50am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Low coolant is just one bong and a message.....

Probably some glitch in the software somewhere...

Hope it's fixed and you enjoy the snow.... Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #599241 30th Jun 2021 12:45pm
ebajema

The waterpump is in but the little plastic bleed plug cracked and the new one will only arrive on Monday so looks like late departure. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #599317 1st Jul 2021 9:30am
ebajema

Beep beep.... beep beep..... beep beep at start up is back with coolant level absolutely rock solid.

There goes that theory.

I have another (very tenuous) theory, it is linked to doing short runs (5 miles morning and 5 miles arvo) and something to do with the engine / cooling system / HVAC not warming up and leaving some residues/condensation behind somewhere, but where ???

Driving me nuts not being able to find anything, so how the f can I fix it................... MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #601084 19th Jul 2021 9:45am
dingg1

2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

Remove the thing that beeps Laughing

Post #601085 19th Jul 2021 10:01am
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

Have you had a look above the pedals and behind the cover for a sounder/speaker? If you haven't had the vehicle since new then a previous owner may have fitted a device.

Might the beeping be emanating from the underneath of the instrument cluster?

Post #601089 19th Jul 2021 10:17am
ebajema

That makes more sense to be honest, some aftermarket gadget making this noise as it doesn't seem to be coming up on the screen!!! Never thought of that !!!

Does anyone have any idea if the road pilot (only the "base unit" is still there) could be the culprit? The car had the road pilot when I bought it (only 3 yrs old, from first owner) but the road pilot unit I have never put in, I just left the cabling in so I can is for power to a dashcam I intend to install.

Thanks guys, I'm going to do a dive underneath the dash !!!! MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #601214 20th Jul 2021 9:10am
chris_read

England 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Probably a long shot, but it’s not the battery backed sounder is it?
Mine starting beeping after I fixed my auto lights/wipers and I traced it to the BBS. The bonnet alarm switch had obviously died at some point, which explains why it was wrapped in insulating tape…..
I pulled the fuse for the BBS and the noise stopped, after which I replaced the switch, put the fuse back in and now all is well. 2017 Jaguar F Pace 25t Portfolio - still part of the JLR family 😀
2009 3.6 V8 (MY2010) - my first ever diesel! - now also gone Sad
2004 4.4 V8 Petrol Vogue - now gone

Post #601283 20th Jul 2021 6:01pm
ebajema

Hi Chris, thanks for that. Did you get any lights or indications on the dash or anywhere with that ?? MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #601455 22nd Jul 2021 10:18am
chris_read

England 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Hi
I don’t remember seeing any lights. It’s fuse number 36 in the passenger compartment fuse box so easy enough to give it a go to try to eliminate it it, if nothing else. 2017 Jaguar F Pace 25t Portfolio - still part of the JLR family 😀
2009 3.6 V8 (MY2010) - my first ever diesel! - now also gone Sad
2004 4.4 V8 Petrol Vogue - now gone

Post #601499 22nd Jul 2021 5:30pm
ebajema

Thanks, will keep you all posted on progress!!! MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #601572 23rd Jul 2021 9:56am
tezza

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

I know you said your beep is coming from the dash somewhere but in case someone else comes here looking for a beeping sound, mine started doing this and it turned out to be the rear entertainment remote. I have absolutely no idea why, it was beeping and then briefly flashing something at the top of the screen (no idea what is it just blinks up for a split second and then dissapears, repeating every few seconds).

Seems to have settled down after removing the remote from the cradle and reseating it. Time will tell I guess

Post #601806 25th Jul 2021 10:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>