Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Eonon GA9449 Android 10 into an L322 Vogue not HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
parvezsaleh

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey
Eonon GA9449 Android 10 into an L322 Vogue not HSE

Hi All

Just a quick post as I'd spent a long time looking for information on this topic but every video/instruction always talked about HSE spec cars and not Vogue with a DSP (Lear Amp).

So I thought I would just do a quick post to say it can be done and I have done it with the help with a few posts on this forum and a few youtube vids. I decided to replace my interior at the same time, changing from grey rather tired looking seats to a Sand coloured set including the dash fascia. I'm a very armature DIY person and if I can do it anyone can.

A bit of history, I bought my Vogue a few months ago, its a 4.4 BMW 2004 petrol. I read all the horror stories and decided to give it a punt anyway as its a relatively low mileage one with a good history. The seller had pointed out the stereo hadn't worked in a while and they had a parrot install from many moons ago but that worked fine and they streamed music that way so I knew the basics were all there.

I decided to first get the system working, replaced the BM54, no joy. Found a cheapish Lear Amp (DSP) and hey presto we now have sound. On trying to replace it the damage caused by standing water was pretty clear and I'll have to think up a plan to avoid this going forwards.

Once this was sorted I could focus on a head unit, ended up with https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333413891372 (An Eonon unit) and the extended loom thats needed. Note that they will confirm the unit wont work with an L322 but it does.

I dont have any pictures but theres some really good youtube vids on the subject the only bit they didn't cover is how to keep the DSP going without going down the old unit in the glovebox route. The reason you need to sort this that the old unit wakes up the DSP and without it you wont get sound.

Long story short - a good post on this site - https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic52498.html helped out and pointed towards an iBus unit. It talked about a different brand of head unit but I'd already began part installing mine and didn't want to return it etc so I decided to stick with mine.

Once you've plugged it in and got the app its all very very easy. I get all the computer functions and a ton more stuff, key things are the head unit connectivity is great, carplay, youtube, nav, maps etc etc is all 21st century and works a treat. You need a USB extension and a couple of GPS cables if your trying to keep the factory anternna in use, I also ran an wifi aerial on the rear window for software updates at home.

I thought I'd post this up and let people ask any questions they may have rather than do another how to. Thanks again to the author of https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic52498.html, without the iBus I would have been stuck with the old head unit in the glove compartment and missed out on a load of features ( the iBus unit and app are worth the upgrade alone as they bring the configurability of the L322 right up to date).

Fire away!

Post #600170 9th Jul 2021 7:17pm
Ansi

Switzerland 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Adriatic Blue

I did this in my 04 322, Xtrons head unit, the Eonon unit was not working even so the Chinamen said it will!
But what you need to make all work is this Resler Interface and the I-Bus App. Interface is connected to the head unit USB and wired in the CD-Changer loom.
The biggest deal is to bring the new wire-loom from the trunk to the head unit.

Post #600255 11th Jul 2021 8:48am
parvezsaleh

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

Yeah exactly, that is the largest part of the work required but I took the opportunity to switch over from a grey interior to a sand one and worked out nicely. I also ran some extra speaker cables at the same time in case I decided to ditch the DSP Amp for a more mainstream one in the future I could then connect direct from head unit to the speaker inputs.

Post #600261 11th Jul 2021 10:02am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1