Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Photos and Video > Do FFRR drivers ride Motor Bikes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 11 123 ... 91011>
Print this entire topic · 
JAYBOY

Wales 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey
Do FFRR drivers ride Motor Bikes

Do Range Rover drivers ride motor bikes.

Post pics of your bikes here.

This is mine a MY09 BMW F800GS

Click image to enlarge

Not that i get to use it much
Thumbs Up 2020 Porsche Panamera Turbo Hybrid (V FAST)
2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 V8
2018 JCW Mini Cooper
2018 Skoda VRS

Post #157827 16th Dec 2012 3:22pm
Contraband

Scotland 

Click image to enlarge

Aprilia Mille RSV
Sold it 2 years ago. To be honest, I Started acting like a tool on it so it had to go. The roads are just too busy nowadays to really use it. Don't think I will ever have another, infact I know I won't. Going to stick to cars. I really do miss having a toy tho'..... So, 911 is next on the list. I would buy one tomorrow if the right one came along.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #157831 16th Dec 2012 3:28pm
JAYBOY

Wales 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

WOW thats nice.
I think I would be dead if I had another sports bike. Like you said they really bring the DH out in all of us. Thats why I went for the BMW in the end its very tame and a loverly ride.
Thumbs Up 2020 Porsche Panamera Turbo Hybrid (V FAST)
2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 V8
2018 JCW Mini Cooper
2018 Skoda VRS

Post #157832 16th Dec 2012 3:33pm
47p2

Scotland 

Contraband wrote:

I Started acting like a tool on it so it had to go. The roads are just too busy nowadays to really use it.

Once you learn how to ride it without the stabiliser you'll be fine Whistle Laughing Laughing

Post #157833 16th Dec 2012 3:35pm
Contraband

Scotland 

Laughing It does look like that eh! These stands are a must for sports bikes. Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #157834 16th Dec 2012 3:40pm
47p2

Scotland 

Well I suppose it will keep rear tyre wear to a minimum Laughing Laughing

Post #157835 16th Dec 2012 3:41pm
nbunney

United Kingdom 

ZX6R performance (2012)
and
VFR 800 VTEC (2002)

Very Happy

Post #157853 16th Dec 2012 4:22pm
Andpopse

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Java Black

Screamin Eagle Electraglide and an R6. About as different as you can get !

Post #157878 16th Dec 2012 6:22pm
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Nice bikes.

I have a BMW K1200LT that I got for commuting when I didn't have a parking space at work. You really can ride it in all weathers (apart from snow) and with heated gloves/boots you're still nice and warm. I don't need it for commuting anymore but it's still a useful bike and now 13 yerars old so not really worth selling. The engine and gearbox are horrible, but it's great for cruising around and for carrying luggage. I'd like to replace it with a K1600LT but I can't justify that at the moment.

I also have a Triumph Rocket Roadster (stupid name) that I absolutely adore. It's a very stupid bike that makes no sense at all, but it's so much fun. It's like being given a piggy back by an angry bear.

Click image to enlarge

This summer I was doing some drunk ebay-ing and accidentally placed a bid on a Honda SP2. Turns out I was the only bidder.

It's absolutely mental to ride, not just the power because I've had a more powerful bike. It has a very extreme riding position, hates low revs, hates going slowly. Loves going very fast. In the summer I rode it maybe once a week and that was enough. Brilliant for 1/2 an hour. My drunk logic was that I wanted an occasional sports bike and this may turn out to be a future classic. It's certainly pretty special in terms of engineering.

Here it is at work. I had a puncture and took both wheels off to get both tyres replaced. Haven't put them back on again yet, but it's too cold and snow bound to ride home anyway.

Click image to enlarge

Love my bikes, but if I lived in the UK again I think I'd quit. I commuted for years in London and to be honest it killed my enjoyment of bikes. When I came to Switzerland I thought I'd quit, but one summer without a bike was too much. It's biking paradise here. But my attitude is to only ride when I want to, not because I have to, and apart from the 6 months or so when I did commute by bike, that has been the case.

Here they are together.

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #157899 16th Dec 2012 7:35pm
Contraband

Scotland 

Thumbs Up Great selection of bikes. One for every occasion!
I miss having a bike. But I will never have another. I suppose it's a bit like alcoholism, I want one, but if I have one I know it will kill me. Non bikers will never understand. Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Last edited by Contraband on 17th Dec 2012 12:32pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #157911 16th Dec 2012 8:17pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

I've always been tempted by the lure of a Bike but family history with bikes has always put me off a fair bit Sad

1 uncle dead after running into the back of a coal lorry at 25-30mph as the coal lorry hadn't cleared its reflectors and it was a little foggy.

Another used to race (my grandad, His dad did as well) in northern irish local stuff and the TT every year with their own team, and then that stopped when my grandad got to old for it and my uncle was knocked off in a race by some n0b young rider who clipped his backwheel at an estimated 130+, young nob went straight into a concrete barrier over the gravel, DAS, and my uncle went off the other side through a hedge and into a field. Found 10 minutes later as only a BBC camera saw him go off and wondered why no-one went to him after a few minutes. Left knee shattered to bits and can only drive autos now Sad
Mum used to ride a CBR but almost daily could recount some idiot not looking and nearly taking her out. her MS moved her onto a car which after her 2nd relapse in as many years has put even car driving away for good Sad

Dont get me wrong the idea of being on something super nimble and quick is great and reduced fuel bills as well for any commuting but only having it for about 6-9months of the year in good weather to enjoy it is another thing as most drivers aren't aware at the best of times.

My MTB will do me for a while until my belly pops my top trouser button and i have a crisis i may change my mind Very Happy FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #157980 17th Dec 2012 10:47am
kingpleb

Does the SP2 have a UK tax disc on it as well!?! Looks tastey and your lucky as if it was in a UK carpark like that it would have slowly been stripped if not taken by now Sad FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #157981 17th Dec 2012 10:49am
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I bought both the Rocket and the SP2 in the UK. The Swiss Franc almost doubled against the £ over the last few years so the UK has been very cheap to buy stuff from. and I have bought stuff in the UK - two bikes, a car, a kitchen, flooring, a bathroom, etc.

The Rocket I drove back on UK plates and then officially imported. It was a demonstrator bike so it had done only 500 miles and the VAT hadn't been paid so was very cheap for me to buy.

The SP2 I had shipped over and it's still on the UK plate but I'll officially import it next year. I don't know how that works. It has UK plates but it's not registered to me. I do have an insurance document that covers me and apparently it's all ok, but I don't understand how.

The car park is at work. You can't get in unless you're an employee and rent a parking space. Having said that, there's a lot less thievery in Switzerland. When I first came here (nearly 10 years ago) you would see bicycles on the street without locks, which I found unbelievable.

kingpleb - your logic is flawless. Bikes are dangerous. You're more likely to have an accident on a bike and if you do you're much more likely to be seriously injured or killed. That's the reality. I've had two big crashes. Both times my bike was written off and also the car I hit. Both were not my fault. Miraculously, both times I wasn't injured. All I can say is that I ride when I want, not mostly through cities or congested areas and in good weather. If those things changed I think I would quit, but I would miss it hugely - there really is nothing like riding a motorcycle.

Post #158011 17th Dec 2012 12:34pm
kingpleb

Dont get me wrong they are amazing machines! My uncle took me on the back of his race bike as a pillion. a proper prepped 600, the seat was as thin as could be and fraggle me it shifted and turned in with so little effort it was scarey, i could easily see how he could get upto high speeds on it quickly! FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #158016 17th Dec 2012 1:12pm
Bomber County

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

Ducati Diavel Smile

Big time biker here, love them to pieces, had all sorts and crashed some of them too.

I also have an ex-police Pan European for my long to commute to work when it's warmer.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  - Ad augusta per angusta -

Post #158054 17th Dec 2012 3:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 11 123 ... 91011>