Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Restricted Performance / P0483-27 / P0483-37 - fixed error
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Hojdica

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Restricted Performance / P0483-27 / P0483-37 - fixed error

Hi all,

I am struggling now. Been through all the posts and can't seem to find anything about my issue. I had the car going into Restricted Performance a month ago. I have looked and one of the hoses to the Intake Manifold Plenum was split so I have replaced all 4. Car started running perfectly and had no issues for about 2 weeks. After this point, the car went again on Restricted Performance. Put the IID tool and got the code P0483-27 Fan Performance. Sometimes I am getting a secondary code on Fan Performance, P0483-37. I am deleting these errors and car runs smoothly for @50 miles when goes again on Restricted Performance. I have cleaned the MAP sensor from the Plenum and after 1 week is again covered in a bit of soot which I don't mind cleaning it weekly if this is the case.

I would like to get rid of this errors for Fan Performance, but have no idea on where to start. On the manual it says these errors are related to wiring only. Did anyone got 1 of the 2 errors and managed to fix them?

P0483-27
Fan Performance - Signal rate of change above threshold
Fan acceleration plausibility defect
Refer to the electrical circuit diagrams and check connections are secure and wiring integrity

P0483-37
Fan Performance - Signal frequency too high
Fan speed above maximum threshold
Refer to the electrical circuit diagrams and check connections are secure and wiring integrity

Another potential issue for the restricted performance on my situation may be the Mass Air Flow. At idle, live values are for Bank 1 only and nothing for Bank 2.

Click image to enlarge

Now I am well aware that the engine runs on Mono Turbo and Bi Turbo over 2400 RPM. When I do accelerate @2500 RPM, I do get values for Bank 2 as well.

Click image to enlarge

At the same time, the Air Charge Temperature seems to be higher than the actual outside temperature. Anyone knows where this sensor is located? I initially thought is the MAF sensor on Bank 1 which is measuring temperature too, but it is not.

I have swapped the sensors between them and I still have the same values, so there is not a MAF sensor issue.

Is there any of you that can do a check on his car and see if you do get values for Mass Air Flow on Bank 2 at Idle? From the Diagram of the Engine it looks like there it should be, but less than Bank 1. Mine is 0.

Another question that I have for you gents, how is bank air 2 actioned, by the secondary turbo only? Cause if the Actuator on this is blocked on closed and only opens fully at over 2400RPM, then is quite hard to get this checked as I have to separate the body of the car from the chasis in order to get to Turbo.

These are the live data values I looked at, but not 100% sure what these are. I assume is for the both Turbos and their opening position. First Photo are the values at Idle.

Click image to enlarge

On the below photo are the values at over 2500 RPM. Seems like secondary turbo opens to it's maximum 100%, but at this point the main Turbo is having values between -100 to 189 %, fluctuates unlike secondary Turbo.

Click image to enlarge

I really need some help on how to get this sorted and if there is anything else that you suggest I should look at, I'd love to be able to eliminate them all.

If any of you can have a look at all the values that your car has at Idle and over 2500 RPM, that would massively help me cause I'll know to start somewhere.

Thanks all and really hope someone can give me some light on this.

Last edited by Hojdica on 6th Sep 2021 10:29pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #605044 28th Aug 2021 2:31pm
AJGalaxy2012

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

The air charge temperature you would expect to be higher than ambient, the turbo's have compressed it, the intercooler will take some of the heat out but it obviously cant get it below ambient.

AJG BMW i3 Electric Car
2012 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8 (now gone)
2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Post #605059 28th Aug 2021 4:19pm
Range Rover L322

United Kingdom 

"Refer to the electrical circuit diagrams and check connections are secure and wiring integrity"

This is the key. Without deeper diagnostic tools you will struggle to find this. I recommend taking it to a decent indy.
I had limp mode and the same last week. I took the car to New Forest 4x4 in Cadnam, they had it identified in an hour and fixed in a day. I doubt there are many more experienced indys. They've got a guy who had built and raced modified Landies all his life and an 18yr LR Chief Technician who is borderline psychic at diagnosing issues. Bit far but worth it.

Post #605074 28th Aug 2021 6:53pm
Mikey

Scotland 

A fan circuit fault will cause R.P faults

You need to investigate these faults further Thumbs Up

Post #605075 28th Aug 2021 7:07pm
Hojdica

Hi all,

Anyone who has some spare time to check the live values of Mass Air Flow for Bank 1 & Bank 2? As mentioned above, I only seem to have the bank 2 taking air at over 2500 RPM only

Post #605084 28th Aug 2021 11:26pm
Mikey

Scotland 

That is normal

The secondary turbo doesn't rotate at idle, and does not draw any air

Post #605086 29th Aug 2021 7:06am
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

As Mikey has noted, the problem is with the cooling fan circuit, nothing to do with intake air-flow. If the cooling fan isn't known to be working as required then performance is restricted trying to avoid damaging the engine from overheating.

Post #605095 29th Aug 2021 8:47am
Hojdica

Managed to get to the bottom of this.

P040D-00 is aparently the cause of the fan beings asked to work continuously. Knowing how difficult is to change this sensor, I’ve ordered the revised part (LR052169) and I’ve unplugged the old sensor and plugged the new one. I left the sensor hanging and went for a test drive. P040D-00 dissapeared as expected and the P0483-27 or P0483-37 did not return anymore.

A lot of people are saying here to ignore P040D-00 as it’s a ghost code and has no consequences. Eventually this error will give other errors and the car will go in Restricted Performance.

I have the car booked in for this sensor to be replaced on Wednesday, but until then, I have the old sensor in the exhaust manifold and the new sensor plugged and reading outside temperature.

There should be a thread for Restricted Performances causes and all to be eliminated 1 by 1. I initially started with a split hose and when I thought is all sorted after replacing the 4, I had the error returning. Now by replacing the EGR Temperature Sensor it seems to be fine. Most likely others have found other fixes for the Restricted Performance, which could be caused by anything. The more info we have centralised for this error, the better for anyone else going through the same.

Post #605792 6th Sep 2021 10:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1