Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Analog signal for reverse gear, somewhere close to head unit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
michu

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Autobiography 4.2 SC V8 Oslo Blue
Analog signal for reverse gear, somewhere close to head unit

Hi all.
I have just finished installing a new head unit in my 2006 RR. What a job it was, with the MOST interface, running cables, relocating the old display and so on, while being the first ever thing that I did on my car… but I digress. All is working perfectly fine. The only problem I still have is that I have to switch the display to the reversing camera manually each time I want to use it. It’s annoying and my wife hates it.

My new KENWOOD stereo does have a wire in its loom for reverse gear selection. I think this will work for automatic switching to the reverse camera view, but I’m not sure where to connect it to without running an extra wire from the back - and I really don’t want to go through this again. Or actually I do have an idea, but need a bit of confirmation or maybe instruction.

The electrical library mentions that the automatically dimming rear view mirror has a wire that instructs it to stop dimming when the car is in reverse gear. I think it would provide a +12V when in reverse. Sounds exactly what I need right? It is supposed to be a blue/yellow wire that goes into the reversing mirror. Now, the question. Will this be routed through the A pillar? If yes, driver side or passenger side? Can someone confirm this has a chance of working as I expect?

Post #605592 4th Sep 2021 6:53pm
spbee

The feed would normally be linked to one of the rear reversing lights so 12V from the mirror feed shouldnt be an issue

Post #605602 4th Sep 2021 8:56pm
michu

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Autobiography 4.2 SC V8 Oslo Blue

I never said it would be, I know 12V is fine, I was just wondering about the feed I found out about for the rear view mirror, and was asking for opinions whether I understand it correctly, and whether anyone knows how it’s routed - if it goes through A pillar I’ll be able to split this out there. Which is nearly where I need it.

Post #605603 4th Sep 2021 8:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1