Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Air Con Air Leak
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DeeJay

South Africa 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Fuji White
Air Con Air Leak

Driving around recently I noticed some days my feet are getting cold, no problem turn the temperature up and its all good again. As we are heading into summer here in South Africa, the AC has the last few days been set to a colder temperature more often than not, and so I am continuously experiencing 'cold feet'!!

Problem:
There is air (cold air conditioned air) blowing out from under this panel in the drivers footwell (see photo). Continuously.

Troubleshooting:
When changing the Air Distribution, it works exactly as it should with air blowing from the footwell vents as it should, or otherwise as selected. Unfortunately, my ‘new trim-panel-vent’ does not have its own button, and air would still come out no matter the distribution setting.

Investigating:
I flipped off the panel, notice no ducts. I stuck my hand into the beast (in-between various components) and air seems to come out from much deeper inside the dash; I cannot touch the source of a 'leak' it seems to be too deep, and hence can definitely not see anything awry.

Solution:
Ideas as to a specific issue?
Suggestions for further tests or investigations?
Tutorials available as to how to disassemble the dash deep enough for me to do a decent inspection? 2011 Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Post #609423 16th Oct 2021 9:35pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Getting to where it is leaking is a long job, IMHO you need experience as well as the manual, lots of "remove this" without telling you how, you can damage a lot quite easily if you are not careful...

The next trouble is that you need someone with experience and some mechanical sympathy to do the job or you will be faced with rattles and lose trim for ever more... That person is very hard to find..

So, it now come full circle and the best person to do the job is you... first you need to read the manual several times, watch every you tube clip going, be careful of the Powerful UK ones as they loosen all the parts first and just show the guy taking them off so it all looks easy... they want to sell the parts they have so they make the jobs look over easy...

You need a set of trim removal tools, a set of torx sockets as well as the usual hand tools. Then, just have a go, take lots of pictures, label everything you can and don't presume anything..... It's also handy not to have a deadline, it will take longer than a weekend I would think...

If you get stuck, just take a photo and ask on here, someone will have removed it... Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #609458 17th Oct 2021 10:47am
DeeJay

South Africa 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Fuji White

I suppose that is the encouragement I needed. Now Ill need to schedule the time to do the job. 2011 Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Post #609658 18th Oct 2021 9:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1