Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > Sat nav, phone, audio and DVD player stopped working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Friendee

Wales 
Sat nav, phone, audio and DVD player stopped working

Main screen works except for sat nav, phone and audio/ radio. Tried dvd, and disc will not eject.
Interesting the wiring diagram shows these function sharing the same earth point. Does anyone know where this earth point might be? Also same items use the roof mounted signal module, is this at fault. Any suggestions will be gladly received.

Post #611831 6th Nov 2021 6:18pm
Friendee

Wales 
Failed Sat nav, and infotainment

Having CD, Sat Nav module replaced this Thursday as auto elec is 90% sure this will restore my lost infotainment etc. Bought JLR approved refurbished part with warranty, wasnโ€™t cheap. ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Post #625026 28th Feb 2022 6:59pm
Bora20

Canada 2013 Range Rover 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I bought a used ones on eBay for $150. Replacement took me 10 minutes. This will solve your problem. Dan. ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ 2013 L405 5.0 SCV8

Post #625089 1st Mar 2022 4:31pm
Friendee

Wales 

I gather these units are registered using the vehicle vin number during manufacture and itโ€™s hit and miss with none JLR units as they are difficult to register onto another car. It looks as if you were lucky to find a cheap one that worked on your car.๐Ÿ‘

Post #625105 1st Mar 2022 6:49pm
Bora20

I believe the dealer will tell you they are registered to the VIN, but that is likely to get you to buy their products.

I made sure the used item I purchased from Florida was the same part and version number. It was plug-and-play. No VIN coding. It is from a Jaguar as that is what comes up with I Bluetooth my phone to it. Likely this is the part that the dealer changes to "your VIN." I can live with the Jaguar Bluetooth name for approximately $2,500+ CAD in savings. I did update the map software, but that was through the USB stick update I purchased for the initial unit anyway.

My failed rear seat entertainment module failed also causing one screen to not work. I purchased a replacement from eBay for $122 from Estonia with the same part number and version. It is coded to a Land Rover and the rear screens have a Land Rover start-up image instead of a Range Rover image. This is likely the same coding issue. I can live with the Land Rover screen image for $2,000+ CAD in savings.

In actuality, each of these parts is Ford items and has Ford part numbers also. Don't let the dealer fool you and scam you out of your money. Thumbs Up Dan. ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ 2013 L405 5.0 SCV8

Post #625120 1st Mar 2022 9:01pm
Friendee

Wales 

Yesterday my Infotainment, satnav module and screen were replaced and all now working fine.
A word of warning, I had side steps fitted around the same time the modules failed and side step work done just before renewing my both batteries after low battery warning displayed. It is a strong possibility that during side step work the garage sent a high current spike causing circuits to fail in attempting to charge the batteries. I cannot prove this but according to my auto electrician this is what probably happened. Ensure you have a competent and knowledgeable person undertaking work on your LRRR!
ps. I would recommend Carma Automotive Ltd, they were great guys. Ask for Ryan.

Post #625942 11th Mar 2022 11:53am
Bora20

Sounds like they didnโ€™t disconnect the battery during this work. Dan. ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ 2013 L405 5.0 SCV8

Post #625955 11th Mar 2022 4:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1