Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Netherlands
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Slow progress

United Kingdom 
Netherlands

One for Black Dog to confirm, but speaking with my Dutch colleagues they really liked the L460…..but……the weight of the full EV version means you can’t drive it the Netherlands without a can/truck licence as that kicks in at c.3.5t vehicle weight apparently!

Wonder if that is an issue anywhere else?

Post #614818 5th Dec 2021 11:00am
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I did not know that. Not that a full EV would be that heavy Sad I mean.

And yes as standard your driving license doesn’t cover that category. But with the DVLA messing about I’m lucky as I now have a UK driving license and that category got added without me ever training on it. But I lost the trailer in the conversion, although weirdly now the trailer is coming back anyway without training. Oh what could possibly go wrong.

Range Rover EV at more than 3.5t puts me off one to be honest. That is just crazy heavy. Taycan Sport Cross it will have to be then 🤣

Post #614876 5th Dec 2021 4:03pm
Slow progress

United Kingdom 

Think it’s c3.7t from the euro car body presentation. Hybrid is c3.2t and conventional engine at 2.7t

It is an immense car, it feels almost too large for the UK and Europe, more for the North American and Arabian markets. We’ll see what the L461 RRS looks like dimensionally and weight wise.

One of the parents at my son’s school was at the launch event for L460 and having seen it opted for a top spec new Defender 110” instead as it felt more like an older FFRR! He’s even added FFRR from the last L405’s onto it. It looks fabulous to be honest, it makes me feel somewhat conflicted on L460, time will tell I guess

For the record Taycan estate is a very nice vehicle. Very jealous of anyone who has one of those🤩

Post #614890 5th Dec 2021 4:22pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

The 460 certainly looks much bigger than the 405 when they are seen together, but I think in fact it is only a few cm longer and the same width and, I think, height. There is a greater perception of width when one changes from 322 to 405, I think due to the windscreen depth and angle, but there did not seem much difference in perception of width sitting in the 460 as against the 405, though I have of course not driven the 460. I have not looked at weights. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #614912 5th Dec 2021 7:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1