Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Lights upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tizzy

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV6 Santorini Black
Lights upgrade

Anyone tried to upgrade the xenons on their L405? I’m sure mine aren’t as bright as on my 2016 Sport. Any experience suggestions much appreciated

Many thanks Chris 2015 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography in Santorini Black with black-pack
2020 Evoque P300 HSE Dynamic
Past RR’s: 2018 SVR, 2016 Sport Autobiography SDV8 and an SDV6.

Post #612463 12th Nov 2021 9:49pm
marsie

England 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Loire Blue

I find the headlights a bit disappointing too. Suppose I only have myself to blame coming from a D4 with adaptive xenons and big LED spotlights Cool Paul

2014 Range Rover vogue se 4.4sdv8 Loire Blue
1992 Range Rover Vogue LSE 4.2 Ardennes green

Post #612464 12th Nov 2021 10:06pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

brighter bulbs from philips/osram are an option or a whole new upgraded 2018 front end with led headlights.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #612466 12th Nov 2021 10:13pm
Tizzy

Thanks, any suggestions on the specific bulbs and how hard are they to fit? I have fitted some to a 911 which was very easy but that’s because the entire light assembly comes out! Cheers 2015 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography in Santorini Black with black-pack

Post #612781 16th Nov 2021 12:06pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

I had to take the air box out on one side , small hands recommended. Think Dolph on here got urgraded bulbs from an italian outfit, but he put his hand in a woodchipper and hasnt been around much, mibbe has a problem typing these days... Whistle

Post #612786 16th Nov 2021 12:42pm
Tizzy

So I upgraded the bulbs this weekend. The ones fitted were Osram - not sure if that was the OE figment or not? They were rated at 4300 Kelvin. I fitted Philips D3S fit rated at 5000k. The difference is pretty significant especially on low beam, where the light is whiter in colour and more intense. Also strangely, the active side to side lights not seem to be working! I’m not sure if these were always operating but the previous bulbs were so dim I couldn’t really see them.
Fitting was reasonably straightforward- few tips as the stuff I saw on YouTube was all related to L494’s.
1. You need to undo the top of the air box and remove the air filter - however I found you didn’t need to actually disconnect the air box, just lift it out of the way, which was a lot less hassle. You do need to remove the bottom of the air box, which is easy (no screws) and allows you to clear out any rubbish in there.
2. To remove the bulbs there is a little plastic collar in front of the bulb, rotate this a quarter turn counter clockwise. The bulb doesn’t rotate, it just pulls out, but it’s not easy, I found getting your finger under the connector at the bottom freed it off, and then it came out easily.
3. The rubber protector cover on the back of the headlight just pulls off easily.
4. Inserting the new bulb is the reverse of the above, though it’s fiddly and you need to take care to not damage the delicate end of the bulb as you’re inserting it.
5. On mine with a single air box, the drivers side light was much easier as there’s unfettered access
6. The clip for the armoured power lead needs a very small flat blade screwdriver to safely remove it. But it just pushes back on, need to take care here though as the pins in it are quite delicate.
7. You can check your work by just pressing the light button on your key fob at any time - ensuring you’ve sealed the light unit back up though, very high voltage on start-up for a HID. 2015 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography in Santorini Black with black-pack

Post #614958 6th Dec 2021 8:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1