Home > General (L405) > Autobiography vs SVAutobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
conor

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zambezi Silver
Autobiography vs SVAutobiography

So guys,

Just a query so I can get my facts straight.

I know Autobiography is the highest trim level available on a rangie, but where does the SVO come into it?

I am aware of the Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) section in JLR, offering the utmost of customisation?

To get one of these do you need to engage SVO directly and then spec the car as you wish, as opposed to walking into a showroom and ordering one up, from say dealer stock. i.e. There is no stock, they are all made to order.

I saw a very young L405 SVA in London once and it looked very much the part.

I would imagine they are rarer than the proverbial on the used market.

Click image to enlarge

Post #612633 14th Nov 2021 2:39pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I’ve just purchased a pre production SVAutobiography Black Series and yes it’s all built to order in a facility in Coventry…

Post #612644 14th Nov 2021 4:06pm
conor

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zambezi Silver

Cool.

So did you engage JLR directly then yea?

Is it fair to assume that anything with the SVA Badge is going to be of tremendous spec?

Also, is it the same with SVRs or are they more readily available as the Adrenaline fuelled muscle variant RR?

Post #612645 14th Nov 2021 4:08pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

SVAutobigraphy and SVAutobiography Dynamic (the sort-of L405 SVR equivalent) were normal models on the price list, they aren’t all full of individual SVO options.

Post #612654 14th Nov 2021 5:55pm
MPx

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Waitomo Grey

Certainly the SVAD is not all that rare - usually quite a few used available on Autotrader - made from the end of 2016. They have gone up about £10k or so since I bought mine in Feb which is odd but presumably will plummet again when new car supply normality resumes at some point. I was very disappointed to find that there are actually no light coloured interior choices on the LR build app and I've never seen any light coloured "specials" done from what must be available as SVO options. Std SVAD interiors are Black, Dark Grey or two tone Black with White centre. It could be that the options are just priced for oligarchs only - there was a 2016 on offer when I bought mine with a claimed £22k paint job (green) and a tan interior - so some special specials do exist, but they are super rare and silly money by comparison. Mike - MPx

2017 5.0 V8 Supercharged SVAutobigraphy Dynamic SVO Palette Grey (2021-...)
2012 5.0 V8 Supercharged Autoboigraphy Orkney Grey (2017-2021)
2007 4.2 V8 Supercharged Vogue SE Tonga Green (2012-2017)
2002 4.4 V8 Vogue Bonnatti Grey (2008-2012)

Post #612675 14th Nov 2021 11:30pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

conor wrote:
Cool.

So did you engage JLR directly then yea?

Is it fair to assume that anything with the SVA Badge is going to be of tremendous spec?

Also, is it the same with SVRs or are they more readily available as the Adrenaline fuelled muscle variant RR?

No, I purchased mine used as a retail customer from a JLR dealer... Mine being an SV Autobiography Black Series is more geared towards individual luxury whereas I think it's fair to say, the SVAD is more targetted at the performance market sector? Thumbs Up

Post #612677 15th Nov 2021 1:50am
Lyonhead

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

Conor,

When I purchased my SVA-D there was none available in any showrooms or available for a test drive.

On ordering direct with the Dealership I was asked if I would like to bespoke my car which involved attending SVO in Oxford Road and going through the process of picking each item I required. They even supplied lunch, where the table was set in between an SVR and an SVA-D with as good as every conceivable extra you could possibly need, a clearly clever bit of marketing.
At the end of the day I had selected various bits and then they were added to the order.

When the car was built and ready, I was picked up at my house and driven to LR to have the car revealed and handed over.

I was not offered the option of doing this when I purchased my SVR I had owned before, but to be honest that was in 2016 when I believe they were just setting up the bespoke division of the company. 19MY SVA-Dynamic Spectral Chromoflair Blue but colour not available in profile
2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue - Gone
2010 RRS 5.0 Supercharged Navara Bronze - Gone
2008 RRS 4.2 Supercharged Black - Gone
2006 RRS 2.7 Diesel Rimini Red- Gone

Post #612729 15th Nov 2021 5:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1