Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > What would you recommend
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Oldgit

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver
What would you recommend

Tuning box wise for an 02 td6 auto

Yes I know some will say they're crap, better with a map, ruin the Cadbury's box, it's a 5p resistor ect ect. I don't need to hear all that.

Just who's got or had them, what make it is and would they recommend it. I've been looking at a couple but not sure so any help will be appreciated.

Post #614975 6th Dec 2021 10:14am
Bean19844

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey

Had them on previous cars mate. Honest advice, none of them was any good. All gave different faults. I had a vectra 3.0 Sri cdti, added the tuning box. All it done was leave two lines of black smoke behind me. Few people got quite upset with that. These ain't the type of car you want to be doing bolt on jobbies with as you'll be coming back on here in a few months time asking for advice on something else

Post #614987 6th Dec 2021 10:58am
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

My experience has been very different with tuning boxes. Yes some of the Ebay specials were crap, but I did a rolling road shootout a while ago with a Nissan Navara I had purely for towing my powerboat. And the owner of diesel tuning uk lend me his box as a comparison for the shoot out.

Let's just say that after the shoot out I send him my money and kept it Razz Even the guys from the rolling road were impressed. I regard Andrew now as one of my best friends, even been to his wedding whole day event. Anyway I took my car up and had a different map put on the box as I wanted a little bit more lower down. He ended up providing that map as standard as one of the three options.

On our Mercedes-AMG I really didn't want more power, but did put a pedal box on it to get some of the dead spots out of it.

One the VW Golf R I didn't want more power, but he send me the full suite of petrol tuning gear anyway (bastard) and wow, just wow that was so good. Ran with that for 4 years without any issues. Managed to do Santa pod in 11.76s in a flipping 5 door hatchback...

I would not have any hesitation to recommend nor use Dtuk. https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk and I'm not saying that because he is my friend.

On my FFRR I'm going a different route though due to the supercharger; so pulley changes and remap it is. But if I had a diesel that would be the first thing to do.

Black smoke is often the case of overfilling or too much power. I've heard and seen it so many times before over the years in various threads, many people seem to wack the settings up to the max and then boom lots of smoke and sometimes even an engine warning light. Especially engines with a few miles react differently, I would start low and slightly increase, keep an eye on temperatures and exhaust fumes. A well setup box from a quality supplier would breathe new life in some of gutless engines.

But the pedal box is the biggest transformation. I still can't get my head around it, and I wouldn't have ordered one as in my mind you can do the same with the right foot. Except you can't, they really work. I got one send for free, and liked it so much that I paid for it, and ordered one for our Mercedes. My wife noticed it as well and asked whether I put a box on the engine which I didn't.

So if you were to start, I'd start there first. And then if you want more then also get a tuning box.

Post #615003 6th Dec 2021 12:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1