Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > FBH Oddity
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dshort86

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black
FBH Oddity

Had a good research on the forum and I can’t find the solution to my problem. In short my FBH isn’t firing. I bought a 2013 4.4 AB a few months ago. Reviewed this site and found that 1) I physically have a Fbh, 2) have the antenna in the boot. Being a second hand car it didn’t include a fob. I bought a genuine fob from eBay and have successfully pair the fob. Here is where my problem starts. The fob initiates the climate (climate light flashes on the dashboard), but the Fbh does start. This morning the temp was 1 C, the car had a full tank of fuel and the car battery is only 3 months old. Where am I going wrong? Interestingly on the dash I can preprogrammed an event (also doesn’t start FBH) but can’t initiate it via a manual heat. Any ideas?

Post #613438 22nd Nov 2021 7:42pm
spbee

you could try fuse 27 in the passenger compartment fuse box, its a 5A and protects the fuel burnin g heater, TPMS and the centre overhead console.

Otherwise you will need to see if there are any fault codes that have locked out the FFH.

Bear in mind the FHH will only run once per engine start, but if it was that, the interior blower wouldnt operate either

Post #613538 23rd Nov 2021 3:16pm
154JON

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Santorini Black

I retro fitted remote climate last year as the FBH was on the car but had never been used as was not on the build sheet i fitted the antena and purchased a remote and updated CCF files but never got it to work as the light flashed on the dash and the blower came on same as yours but the FBH never fired, i got a fault saying auxilery water pump circuit open so i assumed because the pump had never been used which is on the end of the FBH the water pump had seized and if there is not water pumping around the system when the FBH tries to light it will fail as a safety feature and i also seem to remember after 3 fails you have to reset the FBH as it goes into Lockout.
Do you know if the car left the factory with the remote climate working or if a previous owner has had a go at retro fitting it.
A couple of weeks ago i retro fitted ACC and when i was upating the CCF files i noticed there was an option to turn on the auxilery water pump which i did but have got got around to checking if it made any difference.

Post #613555 23rd Nov 2021 6:17pm
Fifth Horseman

Scotland 2018 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Carpathian Grey

The 5A fuse only feeds the FFBH receiver, not the FFBH itself. Check the owners manual for the fuse number and location (it may have changed during the production run so I can't give you a precise location). IIRC its fuse16 (20A) in the upper luggage compartment fuse box. Removing and replacing it will reset most of the lock-out faults on the FFBH.
If this doesn't work then you need to get the any fault codes read to narrow the cause of the failure.

If you haven't got the OM then it is available in the Landrover Topix site https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com - you'll need to create an account as an independent operator (free).

Post #613560 23rd Nov 2021 7:08pm
Dshort86

spbee wrote:
you could try fuse 27 in the passenger compartment fuse box, its a 5A and protects the fuel burnin g heater, TPMS and the centre overhead console.

Otherwise you will need to see if there are any fault codes that have locked out the FFH.

Bear in mind the FHH will only run once per engine start, but if it was that, the interior blower wouldnt operate either

Thanks very much - checked those fuses and all is ok

Post #613573 23rd Nov 2021 9:30pm
Dshort86

154JON wrote:
I retro fitted remote climate last year as the FBH was on the car but had never been used as was not on the build sheet i fitted the antena and purchased a remote and updated CCF files but never got it to work as the light flashed on the dash and the blower came on same as yours but the FBH never fired, i got a fault saying auxilery water pump circuit open so i assumed because the pump had never been used which is on the end of the FBH the water pump had seized and if there is not water pumping around the system when the FBH tries to light it will fail as a safety feature and i also seem to remember after 3 fails you have to reset the FBH as it goes into Lockout.
Do you know if the car left the factory with the remote climate working or if a previous owner has had a go at retro fitting it.
A couple of weeks ago i retro fitted ACC and when i was upating the CCF files i noticed there was an option to turn on the auxilery water pump which i did but have got got around to checking if it made any difference.

It’s an autobiography, plus the location and fit of the antenna and the fact the timed climate is on the media screen I would be confident it left the factory with it, is there a way I can verify that point?

Post #613575 23rd Nov 2021 9:36pm
Dshort86

Fifth Horseman wrote:
The 5A fuse only feeds the FFBH receiver, not the FFBH itself. Check the owners manual for the fuse number and location (it may have changed during the production run so I can't give you a precise location). IIRC its fuse16 (20A) in the upper luggage compartment fuse box. Removing and replacing it will reset most of the lock-out faults on the FFBH.
If this doesn't work then you need to get the any fault codes read to narrow the cause of the failure.

If you haven't got the OM then it is available in the Landrover Topix site https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com - you'll need to create an account as an independent operator (free).

Thanks checked that fuse and all ok.

Post #613581 23rd Nov 2021 9:49pm
Dshort86

Thanks all for your help and advice. Checked the fuses and all ok. Looks like I need to take it to the garage to get a code read

Post #613583 23rd Nov 2021 9:50pm
rtobrienra

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

You can check if the FBH was fitted at factory by checking your vin here https://www.vindecoderz.com/.

My brother had a similar fault, we read the codes and the FBH water pump had a fault . Replaced the water pump but still didnt work,

Removed fuse16 (20A) in the upper luggage compartmen. Still wouldnt operate. Next we disconnected the battery and the power connection in the rear right of the boot ( see image), Re paired the fob still didnt work, however my brother tried it the next morning and hey presto it worked perfectly, (btw Checked the codes again and none were there)

Post #617430 24th Dec 2021 9:03am
Dshort86

Thanks very much. Like you I replaced the water pump and still got the same codes. I rechecked the connectors and one of them wasn’t fully connected (the wires are very tight) hey presto it works perfectly using the remote fob. The only thing missing is the onscreen manual heat option. Any idea how I activate it on via the screen?

After a coupl of frost mornings it’s already been worth the £100 to replace the water pump

Post #617441 24th Dec 2021 10:44am
ajac8

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

Silly I know but on some models the FBH via remote only works on a locked car.

Its not that is it? 405 AB exec seats Baltic and Cirrus
93 RR Classic efi

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Gone in order:
4.4 TDV8 SE - gone to a good home
93 Classic hard dash Plymouth Blue
03 L322 Oslo Blue
2000 Disco TD5 ES Epsom Green
98 P38 Rioja Red
89 Classic Cairngorm Brown

Post #617481 24th Dec 2021 5:47pm
rjff

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

[quote="Dshort86"] Any idea how I activate it on via the screen?

Don't have a 405 but is it shown in grey? If it's the same as my 11MY then unlock the car, press the audio button on the dash, go to the auxi heating screen and it should come up. Don't turn on the "ignition". Cheers
Richard

(there are no such things as an ordinary FullFat, an ordinary cat or too many tools)
2011 TDV8 Vogue Santorini Black
Gap IIDBT

Post #618167 31st Dec 2021 2:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1