Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L460) > Delivery times
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 34 of 50 <123 ... 333435 ... 484950>
Print this entire topic · 

United Kingdom 

I would imagine quite a few people will be shot at dawn in JLR soon …… if only to save on costs Laughing They must be hemorrhaging cash right now with not being able to get product out of the door ( as must the dealers).

Post #642797 12th Sep 2022 6:52pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

I'm not sure what to make of all this......... Some people are talking of 2024 deliveries and even late 2024 delivery dates, but what's really going to happen between now and then?

As things stand today, there are 140 2022 Range Rovers available to buy on Autotrader, and we're only what, 6-8 months in to deliveries being received - Where exactly are we going to be at the start of 2024, let alone late 2024!!

What will there be available to buy on Autotrader in terms of new / nearly new cars in 2024..... 400 / 500 cars?

The numbers available today would certainly suggest that this is easily possible, if not highly likely - So, then what happens to the premiums? - If there are 200 black L460's available, speculators can forget any kind of profit, in fact they'll be looking at a possible loss if they don't shift these cars quick enough.

And what about all the people who currently have orders placed, but then later realise that they actually can't afford these cars because of the cost of borrowing and the worsening economic crisis?

I personally think that there's an awful lot that could change in the next 12-24 months, and very likely will.

Post #642803 12th Sep 2022 7:40pm
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I think some of these risks are discussed in the FY2021/22 Annual Report - June 2022 (https://media.jlrms.com/2022-08-17/pdf/fc7...ZxWEx6R2Bj):

Click image to enlarge

Post #642811 12th Sep 2022 9:02pm
RDR

United Kingdom 

This could trigger new purchasing models where manufacturers build pre specd bulk batches of cars that are unsold but easier to manage the supply chain for a bit like the principle of first editions. Customers then purchase off the shelf with immediate delivery. A second bespoke model could run alongside for custom orders with expectations set but with the exclusivity to help ease the wait.

Dealers could offer more to customise with such things as black packs (it’s mainly just trims) and wheel swaps etc. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #642871 13th Sep 2022 2:59pm

United Kingdom 

Or you go down the route that BMW are suggesting is coming whereby they build all the cars fully specced and then charge a monthly subscription to enable the features the current owner desires.

Post #642873 13th Sep 2022 3:39pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Martin2 wrote:
LR are quoting 68 weeks on the configurator for a D350 AB, but you still can't order a P530.

So, just into 2024 if you believe them.

That’s why I went down the cancellation route; I didn’t spec the car, but at least I got one , all be it without a fridge. (My only real regret) . Just not willing to wait a year or two.

If anyone is anxious, maybe it’s worth talking & befriending a couple of dealers, with a view to being on their list/in their mind. I’m also of the opinion as AJA(?) there will be a number of cancellations moving into the autumn and winter.

For what it’s worth my dealer was exceptionally kind & gave me the cancelled order at the launch price….Full marks to them. I didn’t ask/‘negotiate, just happened! Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #643505 21st Sep 2022 1:44pm
aja500

I think you did really well to get your car Bill, not to mention it was straight from the dealer and without the crazy premiums being asked for on Autotrader.

On the subject of crazy premiums, who are these people who pay £20-£30k over list? - I honestly don't understand how anyone can really care that much.

I certainly don't consider myself poor, but there's no way I'd pay that much over list price just to get a car now.

Going back to Bill's original point, yes, I'm sure there will be many cancellations - I have two FFRR on order, but I will only be taking delivery of one, and I'm sure I'm not the only person applying this strategy.

Furthermore, I got an email from EDF Energy today, saying that my combined Gas and Electric is rising to £13,500 per annum from the 1st of October. While I'm not particularly concerned about this, for some it will make them question whether or not they really need the latest Range Rover, which again will lead to even more cancellations in the coming months.

Moreover, as the number of 2022MY FFRR for sale on Autotrader continues to rise from todays figure of 141 cars, to 250 / 300 cars, they're going to need an awful lot of idiots out there to buy them with such significant premiums.

I suspect within 9-12 months, those premiums at best will be down at £3-£5k over list - Eventually, these speculators will just be glad to see the back of them.

Post #643534 21st Sep 2022 6:32pm

United Kingdom 

If JLR keep increasing the price at the rate they are, those who have paid a £20K premium to get one now may be in the money soon Laughing

I agree though, aja500, these premiums will disappear over the next 12 months. The interest rates alone on PCP deals are going to start to price a lot of customers out, as well as the JLR price increases and general cost of living. Coupled with supply chain improvements this could even tip the balance into an over supply in 12 to 18 months time and discounts will be back on the table. Things can about turn very quickly. Who would have thought earlier this year we would have been talking about at interest rates at 3 to 4%?

Post #643552 21st Sep 2022 8:42pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

All good points, but I'm not so sure about the cancellations aspect, at least from the perspective of affordability. I get the impression that the people who can afford a Range Rover are not likely to be too massively impacted by the cost of living crisis. They still need to drive something, and there are not *that* many alternatives to a Range Rover.

I spoke to my dealer today. He said that he'd recently been to the factory and there were many cars waiting for parts. Nothing new here, but he mentioned the Meridian sound system as being in particularly short supply. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #643583 22nd Sep 2022 10:20am
aja500

I guess time will tell Ed, but I wouldn't put Range Rover owners in the same league as that of perhaps Rolls-Royce, where money is often no object.

I suspect most FFRR are bought on PCP's, the customer puts a few grand down and makes their monthly payment with a balloon at the end. But as the PCP APR / interest rate goes up, so will the monthly payment.

I've also just seen on the lunchtime news, that the Bank of England has increased interest rates by a further 0.5%, which again will effect those who have a mortgage which is not currently on a fixed rate, or who's fixed term is approaching its end.

We have a relatively small mortgage which we fixed 18 months ago for 5 years. The rate was 1.4%, I've just heard on the BBC news that customers will currently be lucky to get 3.6%!! - Another couple of interest rate rises in the next few months, and no doubt we'll be looking around 4.2% fixed, which is triple the rate myself and many others have previously received.

My point is, if somebody's mortgage interest rate comes to an end in the next 6 months and then triples, I think many will be rethinking their PCP's and maybe sticking with their existing car.

Post #643592 22nd Sep 2022 12:25pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

I’m watching this with great interest. My intention was to run this car for 12 months and likely switch it for a Taycan Turismo.

The reality is, I can not make it financially attractive enough to switch vehicles, largely because the price I paid when I took delivery in April 2022, which my dealer very reasonably honoured, was the October 2021 list price. It just continues to feel like very good value. Whilst the Taycan market balloons.

With respect, there’s a lot of fanciful thinking with regard the demand falling or availability increasing in the coming months. I just don’t see it happening.

Post #643648 22nd Sep 2022 11:06pm
Singh96

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Corris Grey

Looks like they are struggling for chips. Meridian has been downgraded on HSE and AB on the configurator with the price remaining the same. Mad

Will be interesting to know if it is for just new orders or all builds currently in the system.

Time to call the dealer to get an update………again.

Post #644008 26th Sep 2022 1:46pm

United Kingdom 

What a joke. Two large price rises and now decontenting.

So you order a product and you don't know when it will come, what price it will be or what the spec will end up being.

Nice job JLR.

Post #644015 26th Sep 2022 2:44pm
Hotwheels

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Fuji White

I can hear the next call already………..well sir, we’ve had to put the prices up again as we buy our parts from abroad in dollars 💵

Post #644020 26th Sep 2022 3:11pm
RDR

United Kingdom 

This is what’s been happening to defender and discovery orders for the past year constant spec and price changes usually both for the worse. Deleting items such as large screens and swapping digital dashes for analogue gauges whilst keeping or increasing the price. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #644048 26th Sep 2022 6:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 34 of 50 <123 ... 333435 ... 484950>