Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > Wireless Charging Pad Mod
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

stan wrote:
but it looks rubbish Geoff....

seriously though , thats a brilliant idea and will probably save you about £60 ...nice job mate Wink

I have to say I need to spend a bit more time polishing the sides of the pad BUT it works, like you say saved me 60 quid and the armrest closes fine covering all my bodging and the phone up Very Happy I have all the brodit kit (what I used previously) fittied to my L405 and I guess I'll have to take it out and offer it for sale soon. Geoff

Post #620530 19th Jan 2022 8:41am
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

.[/quote] Similar to mine, but I put the plug into the bottom of the phone.[/quote]

That is exactly what I used to do but the kids want to charge Android phones (mines Apple)and even Ear Buds - all wireless and I didn't have the right cables for everything so being a good dad I just upgraded. Geoff

Post #621143 23rd Jan 2022 9:01pm
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

adara wrote:

For iPhone there is this adapter that we are successfully using for both our JLR cars:

https://cplay2air.com/

Hi Adara

I bought one of these so I wouldn't have to physically plug my iPhone in to use CarPlay and I'm having loads of issues trying to get it to connect in any sort of reasonable timescale.

Their website says 7-14sec to connect and yours are 30-40sec, both of which I would be happy with but it never connects in less than 2 minutes and on a few short journeys recently (3-4 miles/6-10 mins) it hasn't connected by the time I return home Rolling Eyes

Did yours work as expected straight out of the box or did you have to do any specific bluetooth/wifi fiddling about to set it up?

I've been emailing the supplier but mainly they are telling me to get my iPhone to forget all other devices. That's not practical as I can't be re-pairing earphones and other devices everytime I get out of the car.

TIA

Rob 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #623431 12th Feb 2022 2:50pm
adara

Romania 2019 Range Rover Vogue 2.0 PHEV Santorini Black

I didn't do any configuring, however check that the software is up to date. For this, on the phone, while it is already connected to Cplay2Air, open a browser window and tap this address: 192.168.50.2
This is the adapter configuration screen and it will check for updates, there were 2 of them recently.

Of course, update iOS and also check the ICTP version too.

There is no need to unpair stuff, but I did unpair the phone from the car's bluetooth. This is not an adapter issue, but CarPlay and bluetooth do not work well together.

Very rarely it doesn't connect (less than once a month) and I unplug and replug the adapter from the USB port and this solves the issue... I actually kind of blame the ICTP more for this, as glitches like blank screen, no reverse camera, etc. occur once every week... 2019 Vogue P400e

Post #623457 12th Feb 2022 5:45pm
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Thanks Adara Thumbs Up

I'll give that a go and see if it improves connection reliability. 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #623495 13th Feb 2022 1:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123