Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > thoughts?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
TJH1985

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

andyleeds wrote:
am i right in thinking that they became euro6 on the 2016 model so the car tax dropped? so the brown would be higher than £340 per annum?

Yup, I have a 15 plate MY16 that’s Euro6 Thumbs Up

Fun fact, on a autobiography the front camera is a single lens in the centre on a MY16 and on pre MY16 it’s a camera on each side like those above.

Bl4ckD0g wrote:
Diesel is the concern and how it is being treated in more and more cities not just in the UK but around the world. But hey if anyone wants to drop in 2022 that much on a second diesel that is quite old already that is entirely their business. Just sharing my thoughts.

I definitely don’t foresee a nearby future where diesels are desirable.

Not sure I see a nearby future where diesels are not desirable if I’m honest, given the price of non ICE cars I suspect it might even help prices hold steady. Even sales of the new Defender seem to be primarily diesel right now.

I suspect we don’t have to worry about it for quite some time. Sold - Bell a 2015 MY16 Loire Blue Autobiography 4.4 SDV8
Previously George a 2007 MY07 Java Black VSE 3.6 TDV8
Previously a 04 MY04 Defender 90 Sad

Last edited by TJH1985 on 21st Jan 2022 10:31pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #620860 21st Jan 2022 10:14pm
Martin2

England 

Bl4ckD0g wrote:
I just couldn’t get myself to spend that much on a diesel these days. Both nice cars but the depreciation will be horrendous.

Yes, absolutely horrendous. I paid nearly double that for my diesel and the bloody thing is worth nearly £2k less (price Motorway would take it away for) than I paid for it 20 months / 22k miles ago. Wish you told me about their horrendous depreciation before I spent that much cash…. Rolling Eyes Laughing MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #620864 21st Jan 2022 10:47pm
andyleeds

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

theres a nice one ish at stat stone in green which i guess would be the cleaner engine not sure it has reclining seats though which i quite like the idea of

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/2...amp;page=1

Post #620900 22nd Jan 2022 10:50am
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

@martin that is related to shortages in the various sales channels. An anomaly in the market that will change very rapidly once availability is resolved and more electric models become available. My petrol one nearly doubled in value compared to when I bought it.

Looking at new vehicle sales figures and the trend is also a good way at looking what the second hand market will be doing and buyer will be looking for. Shortages have distorted that temporarily. And then there is national and international government policies as well. With more green zones appearing, the direction is clear.

But don’t be mistaken, my point isn’t about not buying diesel at all. It’s more about at what price;

Anyway your money your choice I couldn’t care less to be honest.

Post #620906 22nd Jan 2022 11:00am
Martin2

England 

I’m well aware of why the value is artificially high. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #620938 22nd Jan 2022 3:02pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Bl4ckD0g wrote:
@martin that is related to shortages in the various sales channels. An anomaly in the market that will change very rapidly once availability is resolved and more electric models become available. My petrol one nearly doubled in value compared to when I bought it.

Looking at new vehicle sales figures and the trend is also a good way at looking what the second hand market will be doing and buyer will be looking for. Shortages have distorted that temporarily. And then there is national and international government policies as well. With more green zones appearing, the direction is clear.

But don’t be mistaken, my point isn’t about not buying diesel at all. It’s more about at what price;

Anyway your money your choice I couldn’t care less to be honest.

Blimey you have a real bee in your bonnet 🙈👍🏻 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #620998 22nd Jan 2022 8:58pm
kevinp

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

Yep, Diesel for towing. Not many petrol engined lorries about. De facto. Rolling with laughter

Post #621005 22nd Jan 2022 10:34pm
RRV8SC

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I'll have a 50p bet that the media will create a "diesels are bad" storm and the price of diesels will crash overnight. Don't know when, but I'll guess within the next 18-24 moths.

A bit like the "no more toilet rolls" and "all the lorry drivers have gone".

Post #621045 23rd Jan 2022 9:45am
SS.Lyria

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

I agree with Bl4ckD0g on this one, it seems prices are so artificially high at the moment they have to rebalance some time in the near future.

Try putting some of the reg numbers into WBAC as if you own the car, the results are eye watering. Seems dealers are making up for lack of stock with high margins. Nothing wrong with that, but if you buy at the top of the curve and sell at the bottom you could get your fingers burnt.

Post #621055 23rd Jan 2022 10:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12