Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Deployable side step motor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
landy95

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey
Deployable side step motor

Does anyone know if the L322 side step motor is the same as the L405 motor. Looking at photos they look the same, the brackets are obviously different but im only after the drivers side motor. There is better availability of the L405 motor especially from China. Also own a 1976 Land Rover 101 3.5 V8.
Previously owned 1991 Range Rover Vogue 3.9 V8.

Post #671139 14th Aug 2023 8:50am
landy95

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

I bit the bullet and purchased an L405 deployable step motor from amazon

Frankberg Running Board Motor Right Compatible with R.a.n.g.e R.o.v.e.r L405 All Engine SUV 2013-2016 R.a.n.g.e R.o.v.e.r Sport L494 All Engine SUV 2013-2016 Replace# VPLGP0136 https://amzn.eu/d/3puHpcE

The motor is almost identical, and with a couple of small modifications fits and works perfectly and only £99 it is made in China but i guess they all are now.
The mods I had to carry out where shortening the 3 off hex spacer bars by 5mm to allow the motor shaft to pass completely through the bearing in the bracket and I also had to open up the 2 holes in the motor mounting lugs to give the m8 cap screws clearance. All fitted and working perfectly.

I did have an issue with the flat on the motor shaft not initially aligning with the wedge correctly which stopped me getting the wedge in. I remedied this by connecting 2 pins in the plug with a car battery and indexing the shaft into the correct position and then sliding the wedge in. Do not try and force the motor shaft around without battery power as it is driven by a worm and wheel so needs to rotate under its own power. Also own a 1976 Land Rover 101 3.5 V8.
Previously owned 1991 Range Rover Vogue 3.9 V8.

Post #671384 17th Aug 2023 12:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1