Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Second Hand Prices
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

I guess if most are bought on finance rather than cash it will come down to £/month and with interest rates where they are a price hike of 15 percent will probably be affordable with low interest rates that may also be helping to keep prices higher not sure as I always pay cash but it might influence it

Post #623644 14th Feb 2022 4:53am
Matty1

England 

I've been keeping an eye on 5.0's since January and asking prices are all down 15% and not selling judging by auto trader.

Glad I didn't pay top whack for the one I looked at!

Post #627645 3rd Apr 2022 11:43am
Mikey

Scotland 

We're looking to shift on the wife's DS in a few months time, so been keeping an eye on the market lately

As a trade in, her car has dropped by 5k over the last 3 months, but the equivalent car to buy is still upwards of £22k Shocked

Post #627646 3rd Apr 2022 11:49am
V8rumbler

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Ipanema Sand
Re: Second Hand Prices

Overfinchbespoke wrote:
Good evening FullFatters. Hope you are all well.

Would like some more opinions on the second hand market please.

With everything that's going on with the economy, do you think that used prices will start to drop??

Have been holding off for a 5.0 Supercharged to see what happens.

All thoughts will be gratefully received.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
I bought my s/c 5.0 2 months ago . I love it . If you wait the good ones will be gone .
 2007 Vogue TDV8 in Stornoway Grey with Jet interior NOW SOLD
2011 (12MY) 5.0 S/C AUTOBIOGRAPHY ipanemaSand with Jet Interior

Post #627656 3rd Apr 2022 3:16pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Recently got asked to pay £25k ‘cost to change’ by a main dealer for our mint (truly is) 14MY L405 TDv6 on 85k miles against a 65 plate TDv6 Vogue that had done 50+k miles and which was not a patch look factor or condition wise compared with ours… Sorry, but that’s ridiculous.

Ps… asked them for PX price out of curiosity

Last edited by pld118 on 3rd Apr 2022 8:49pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #627666 3rd Apr 2022 4:25pm
KitTheRam

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

One half of me says diesel is only going to get more expensive, as will the road tax, as will the cost of living generally - and therefore consumer behaviour will force a major downward adjustment by next year.

The other half of me says prices that are falsely high due to strange circumstances are here to stay, I imagine between the major manufacturers and their dealers they will do their best to maintain the high benchmarks even as their processes normalise.

Either way car ownership feels like it will move back to becoming a privilege once again, especially in the electric age in which personal infrastructure plays a key role.

Post #627667 3rd Apr 2022 4:36pm
TJH1985

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Have to be honest, I’m considering letting our L405 go in favour of something smaller and more economical.

I suspect there will be allot of people considering the same! Sold - Bell a 2015 MY16 Loire Blue Autobiography 4.4 SDV8
Previously George a 2007 MY07 Java Black VSE 3.6 TDV8
Previously a 04 MY04 Defender 90 Sad

Post #627670 3rd Apr 2022 5:16pm
SS.Lyria

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

pld118 wrote:
Recently got asked to pay £25k ‘cost to change’ by a main dealer for our mint (truly is) 14MY L405 TDv6 on 85k miles against a 65 plate TDv6 Vogue that had done 50+k miles and which was not a patch look factor or condition wise compared with ours… Sorry, but that’s ridiculous.

Ps… asked them for PX price out of curiosity

I agree dealers are just getting greedy. Whoever went on to sell your trade in would have tried to cash in big time.

Whilst most folk buying newer Range Rovers probably have little concern for it’s running costs. People buying older ones will. To buy a 10 year old car that’s uneconomical, expensive to tax and a potential money pit in repair costs is not an attractive proposition in today’s economic climate.

The really good examples still seem to shift on Autotrader, but I’m seeing more and more examples sit on there for months.

I think prices will become more realistic in the coming months.

Post #627687 4th Apr 2022 7:15am
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

The only thing that makes me not upset about the cost of running my L322 is the fact that to replace it with something cheaper to run would be far more expensive. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #627691 4th Apr 2022 8:41am
madnessgonemad

England 

I am looking for a late model Westminster. There are quite a few on but I have noticed that the really good ones with low mileage are snapped up quickly as long as the price is not stupidly high. BMW Sytners had a 60 k miler Westminster in green at 24k bought before they put a picture up on Autotrader. There are some dealers that are pricing that sort of car at 27-30k which is silly money and they are hanging about. The other thing I’ve noticed is that the Vogues are not shifting. People , like me , want the extra goodies.
I can’t believe that then prices won’t come down with the current climate but no obvious movement yet.
I’m biding my time!

Post #627695 4th Apr 2022 10:21am
JayGee

Low mileage late L322's are likley to attract very premium prices as many 'enthusiasts' consider them the last proper Range Rover and are likley buying them for long term ownership. Going forwards they are still likley to attract very high prices. Average milers i.e 100k+ miles are likley to drop as they will become increasingly less viable to run due to costs of fuel and tax. I'd say at the moment where dealers are paying very low trade in values and charging very high windscreen prices it's a good time to buy privately from someone who is throwing in the towel as far as running costs are concerned. Keep looking on the for sale and wanted forum and even put out a wanted? 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #627696 4th Apr 2022 10:31am
madnessgonemad

England 

I think you are right but I don’t have the nerve to buy one privately. I have bought many cars privately over the years but I am a bit nervous about a RR.
I am looking for a long term purchase of one to keep as long as possible.
I’ll know the right car when I see it.

Post #627739 4th Apr 2022 5:41pm
JayGee

Buying privately from Ebay is one thing but buying privately from a forum member is quite another. For starters you will likley get a full repair history as dealers have to shred anything with a name or address on it now due to GDPR rules. I wish I'd bought mine privately but that's another story..... 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #627741 4th Apr 2022 5:46pm
Matty1

England 

madnessgonemad wrote:
I am looking for a late model Westminster. There are quite a few on but I have noticed that the really good ones with low mileage are snapped up quickly as long as the price is not stupidly high. BMW Sytners had a 60 k miler Westminster in green at 24k bought before they put a picture up on Autotrader. There are some dealers that are pricing that sort of car at 27-30k which is silly money and they are hanging about. The other thing I’ve noticed is that the Vogues are not shifting. People , like me , want the extra goodies.
I can’t believe that then prices won’t come down with the current climate but no obvious movement yet.
I’m biding my time!

My guess is that a lot of these are being bought by older drivers as their "last petrol car". They probably had one before and want to replace it with something similar and don't mind the premium.

Post #627749 4th Apr 2022 8:09pm
Chrali

That's good to hear as I'll very temped to be moving on within in the next few months, to get something thirstier Laughing as the L322 isn't doing it for me, but then I've got a lowly Vogue Very Happy Like others I see some of the same cars sticking at the same dealers. I do see the WBAC/Motorway prices offered have taken a tumble by a few £k. Encourage alternative fuels, use all the petrol!
2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 TDV8
2006 Mercedes GL420 CDI
2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2006 Jeep Commander 3.0 CDI with GDE HOT Tune
1997 Nissan Patrol 4.2 GRSE
1995 Vauxhall Monterey Diamond 3.2 v6
1994 Range Rover 4.2 LSE Beluga Black, Softdash, Brooklands Body Kit - Loved it!
1993 Range Rover 4.2 LSE ended up converted to 300tdi

Post #627751 4th Apr 2022 8:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>