Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Rear boot space
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
kevantlin

United Kingdom 
Rear boot space

Coming from a New defender 110, I am looking forward to more boot space. However in all the video reviews I have watched I have not seen if the rear seats fold flat (5 seat version)

Anyone have any idea?

Post #623742 15th Feb 2022 9:56am
Angus

United Kingdom 

I think they only fold fully flat in non-executive spec (which also has larger boot space with the rear seats in place & allows you to fit a full height divider).

Post #623750 15th Feb 2022 10:27am
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

I have had all three seat types:

- the standard rear seats, sometimes call the bench seats, which don't have much adjustability and don't have the electrically deployable centre armrest. These fold the most, but aren't completely flat. On the upside you can access the rear climate controls easily and because they don't have a bulkhead behind the seats give more boot space.

- the comfort seats which are fitted to the AB. These do have a bulkhead behind them, to preserve the space for the seats to recline a bit, and do have the electrically deployable armrest. They heat and cool but don't have massage. They fold, together with the bulkhead (which is split 60/40) but are no way near flat. Think of the top surface when folded being at an angle and about half way up the car's internal space. I have these on my current car and will take a picture for you when the weather improves.

- the comfort plus seats which add massage and a deployable calf rest on the seat behind the passenger seat. I had these on an SV AB and in my view they don't make much sense in a SWB car. No noticeable difference when folded to the comfort seats.

Basically you are trading the look of the comfort seats (armrest etc) with practicality. Somehow because the standard seats take up less space they still give a sense of luxury because you have more space to use. When I think about being in the back of my cars I sometimes think the simplest seats were the best.

Post #623760 15th Feb 2022 11:24am
James W

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Siberian Silver

Quote:
the comfort seats which are fitted to the AB. These do have a bulkhead behind them, to preserve the space for the seats to recline a bit, and do have the electrically deployable armrest. They heat and cool but don't have massage. They fold, together with the bulkhead (which is split 60/40) but are no way near flat. Think of the top surface when folded being at an angle and about half way up the car's internal space. I have these on my current car and will take a picture for you when the weather improves.

That's interesting, my AB has heated and cooled rear seats, no massage, electric fold but not flat, some electric adjustability (back rake forward and back) BUT the armrest is not electric FFRR SDV8 Autobiography

Post #623762 15th Feb 2022 12:02pm
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

Sorry I should have clarified - the seats you have are the ones I had on my first L405 AB. The comfort seats (electric armrest etc) were an option on the L405 when I was shopping (perhaps they became standard on the L405 AB) but they are standard on the UK L460 AB.

Post #623765 15th Feb 2022 12:12pm
Martin2

England 

The 'Executive Class Rear Seats' were introduced in the 2018 facelift and standard on the AB, with the normal rear seats a no cost option. They are a half way house between the standard seats and the ones with a centre console and despite the centre seat looking smaller / less comfortable (which was important to me as I need to fit an almost 6' son in the middle), I actually found it to be a better. You do lose load capacity when you fold the seats down and the boot length is a bit shorted due to the fixed section behind the seats, but your rear seat passengers will be happier.

This is how they work:

https://www.landrover.com/ownership/guides...281-460849 MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #623773 15th Feb 2022 12:47pm
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

The executive seats do not have the ski hatch function. we use this as designed with 4 adults and 4 sets of skis. I also very rarely travel in the back so dont realy care how comfortable they are. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #623789 15th Feb 2022 3:03pm
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

One other thing to mention - when the top two levels of seat (executive/comfort and plus) are down in the L405 the front seats don't go back very far, because the folded rear seat backs and headrests protrude forward. I am not super tall but even for me driving is uncomfortable. OK for a Christmas tree from a nearby farm shop but I wouldn't fancy a long drive.

Never a problem in my first L405 with the standard seats.

When I went to the preview day I put the rear seats down in an L460 SWB - the drivers seat goes back a bit further than in the L405 but may still be an issue for taller people.

Post #623830 15th Feb 2022 8:19pm
SSE

Norway 

Any guess on approximately how much boot space is lost on the L460 with executive rear seats vs standard rear seats?
Is the rear legroom (space from front of the rear seat cushion to the seat back of the front seat) the same, or does the exec seat go further back, giving more space in the rear footwell?
Rear leg room does appear rather cramped on some pictures but obviously depends on position of the front seats in each case.

On the L460 w/exec rear seats I believe the center of the rear seat can be opened separately to accommodate long items?

Post #629062 19th Apr 2022 9:53am
EdJ

United Kingdom 

I've been wondering about this. I have the exec seats on my L405 and there's no question that they intrude on the boot space a little (direct comparison with my previous L405 which didn't have exec seats).

I've ordered the roof box for my L460, but perhaps I should think about deleting the exec seats.... 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #629068 19th Apr 2022 10:24am
SSE

Norway 

I am also considering deleting the exec seats from the L460 AB PHEV I have on order, but not sure as the boot space is not compromised by a raised boot floor as on the L405. But if rear passenger space/volume espacially in the footwell is actually larger with the exec seats, I will likely keep it. I am primarily concerned with space rather than the extra comfort functions offered by the exec rear seats as my rear seat occupants will be in their child seats for several years still. And I am unsure as to whether the exec seats does any good to resale values - for the l405 in phev version I believe they don't.

Post #629070 19th Apr 2022 10:36am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

I have deleted the exec seats from my AB. It is rare that anyone is in the back and you can not have a ski hatch which I do use.
I wonder how much this is a marketing persons obsession and that it should be a select option. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #629078 19th Apr 2022 12:14pm
Angus

United Kingdom 

What is annoying is that you can’t access the highest specification of front seats without selection the exec rear seats - I think you only loose out on the hot stone massage which I suspect is a gimmick, but still irritating

Post #629083 19th Apr 2022 12:44pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

If you delete the executive seats, do you still get that screen in the rear centre armrest? My children are pretty excited about that (can't blame them). 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #629086 19th Apr 2022 1:13pm
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Edj wrote:
If you delete the executive seats, do you still get that screen in the rear centre armrest? My children are pretty excited about that (can't blame them).

I don't think so, Ed. The screen is connected to the electrical adjustable centre armrest, which is part of the exec seats, I think.

Post #629087 19th Apr 2022 2:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>