Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > My Autoglass Experience
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Furnitureman

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue
My Autoglass Experience

So after having had the screen replaced back in December with a pilkington I was initially a happy chap, until I lifted the bonnet and saw that the fitters had broken one of the three clips that hold the pollen filter housing down, I then noticed the passenger side A pillar wasn’t flat against the screen, one quick thump and it was back in place.

I called Autoglass to complain about the scuttle panel damage and the A pillar trim and they finally came out today over two months since they fitted the screen, the warranty chap was as good as gold took the old trims off and fitted the new genuine scuttle panel all good then came the immortal words “there’s a problem sir”

Turns out the numpty fitters had fitted the glass 25mm away from the A pillar trim clip holes on the drivers side and only 10mm on the passenger so that’s the reason the trim doesn’t fit and almost blew off on the motorway.

Warranty man on the phone to head office tells them and they say I’ll have to either have any replacement they have in or they try to remove and re fit the old one, I was very polite in my reply telling him no to both, I’ll be having a pilkington screen fitted by people who care with more new A pillar trims. Let’s wait and see what happens.

Final note landrover supplied the replacement scuttle panel but not the four round disks that cover the fitting holes, so I now have a non faded new scuttle panel and four very faded discs 🙄😂 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8
2006 Discovery 3 HSE 260k miles and still going strong with a new owner

Post #623771 15th Feb 2022 12:37pm
G3BML

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

I’ve got two big chips on my windscreen but my insurance use autoglass. Considering just paying for it myself as I want a genuine screen fitted

Post #623778 15th Feb 2022 1:13pm
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

I have had three from them and found it is best to go to their yard to have it done the best fitters seem to be based in their yards in my experience
Get some owatrol oil for the discs it brings plastic back to new Thumbs Up They do a few different ones just make sure you get the plastic colour restorer one

Post #623783 15th Feb 2022 2:07pm
1JBS

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

G3BML wrote:
I’ve got two big chips on my windscreen but my insurance use autoglass. Considering just paying for it myself as I want a genuine screen fitted
Just request a genuine with Autoglass and they will refer to your insurer for approval, I've done this a few times with NFU no problems..

Post #623815 15th Feb 2022 5:49pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 

/\ what he said. Just insist Autoglass fit a genuine part. It takes a bit longer to get approval but saves the hassle after the event.

Post #623819 15th Feb 2022 6:21pm
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

I wouldn’t worry too much about having the existing screen removed and refitted. Having seen a screen removed by Autoglass using a device they have the screen should come off easily. My only concern would be that they ensure all the remains of the adhesive is removed from the glass and the glass cleaned prior to refitting. Never had any problems with Autoglass, may have been lucky with the fitters that did my screens.

Post #623822 15th Feb 2022 6:51pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

ok, so what's the best route for me. (L322). I ring insurer, find out the fitting company, I call them/they call me?, I insist on Pilkington, and book a visit/go to a depot.
ive got a huge crack, and MOT due next month. its drivable, (but I guess its a 'nick', thesedays.)

Post #623828 15th Feb 2022 7:37pm
Furnitureman

nicedayforit wrote:
I wouldn’t worry too much about having the existing screen removed and refitted. Having seen a screen removed by Autoglass using a device they have the screen should come off easily. My only concern would be that they ensure all the remains of the adhesive is removed from the glass and the glass cleaned prior to refitting. Never had any problems with Autoglass, may have been lucky with the fitters that did my screens.

Only issue is when the remove the screen they can damage the heated screen fittings 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8

Post #623833 15th Feb 2022 8:37pm
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

I'm booked in for a new screen at an Autoglass depot next week and I'm dreading it. They need the car for 3 hours as they also have to calibrate the ADAS camera systems after the screen is replaced.

In a previous conversation I told them I wanted a genuine screen and that I want to see it before they remove the old one. If it's not the right screen then I'll be walking away but my bigger issue is that my MOT is due the following week. I also intend to stand there and watch them like a hawk, which I'm sure they won't be happy with.

I had it all booked up nicely 5 weeks ago, windscreen tomorrow, MOT friday and then the call from Autoglass last week. "We've booked you in for 23 Feb". WTF, when I'd booked it online for 17th. Ringing them was absolutely no use as the people you speak to can't re-arrange bookings (they aren't the team with access to the fitters diaries!!) so you have to wait 2 days for a call back. I didn't get a callback just a bloody text to say "we know you need an earlier appointment but there aren't any"

I'm astonished that any company can get away with this level of service but in reality they have a virtual monopoly with the insurance companies so can do pretty much as they please it seems. 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #623857 16th Feb 2022 12:41am
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

just to follow up my Autoglass experience, it turned out good, but after a few hurdles were thrown its the way.... I booked it, for a home visit... but this had to be an PM slot, and was given an all day slot. managed to get a message through, via website etc...asking for pm slot...including 'Pilkington, with top tint'... but it wasn't picked up, and guy rang, at 11.00 said he'd be around by 11.30, (Thursday) he rang me, so I had to tell him to go and do someone else's, and come back, when I was in etc. he did come back a few hours later, but as it was hailing down, he wanted to reschedule it. he said he'd have a look again in 15 mins, and then said his awning wouldn't cover the whole vehicle etc... so reluctantly, it was booked at a nearby depot for today, (Saturday) at 12.30. (if I think someone doesnt want to do a job, its not worth making him, as it will probably be a bad job!)
I then get a text saying booked for today, Saturday, 08.00. so I arrive at 08.00, and they say its to be done at 12.30. so I left it with them, inside the depot. They were more than willing to do it etc. they rang about 11.00 and said they couldn't remove the wiper arm! it was seized on... I said it has to be done, can you just cut the wiper arm off, and ill get a secondhand wiper arm. (passenger) 'ok' they said. I then got a call saying all done about 1pm, and it looked fantastic. (Pilkington, with a top tint!)...the wiper arm was still there... they said they worked around it, by taping up the scuttle plastic cover to the wiper arm, to remove the goo etc...
quite pleased, and only my windscreen insurance excess of about £115 was paid.
the drive home was slightly weird, as it was SO clean, all-over, it didn't look like there was any glass there! interior mirror looks good too. (-I don't have a camera .)

Post #624843 26th Feb 2022 5:34pm
Furnitureman

There booked to replace the screen ets tomorrow morning and have said it will be waranty people people doing it hope they fit it central this time 😂 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8

Post #624887 27th Feb 2022 9:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1