Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Press reviews
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Another review where they just trot out the manufacturers spec rather than reviewing the car.

Post #630055 29th Apr 2022 6:07am
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Just started watching the Top Gear review. Bizarre that Jason Barlow is driving a car with dark leather seats initially, then at around 2 minutes, he's driving one with cream leather seats.

I also find it frustrating that they are running through the specs of the cars. We know all this. Just tell us about what it's like to drive! 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #630146 30th Apr 2022 9:02am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Having watched several of these reviews it is noticeable that most of the driving footage is identical, and presumably provided to all participants in the press launch by LR. It does not feature the presenter, but a LR driver. The presenters are generally seen talking in front of a stationary car or driving briefly on road. They are a waste of time for anyone wanting a proper impression of what the car is like. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #630186 30th Apr 2022 2:07pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

I just think Land Rover have completely balls up the launch. Their choice of reviewers and orchestration is just rubbish. If I communicated a new product in my business in this way, I would be staring a bankruptcy and rightly so. Never has the phrase “high handed and arrogant” never been more apt. I’ve driven it, it’s a great product but it’s a great product despite their pr, marketing, and senior management. I’m sure if they figure out who I am I will suffer for these comments, but for goodness sake, “snatching defeat from the jaws of victory” is just the right phrase for the leadership team!

Post #630192 30th Apr 2022 3:09pm
Crocs

Scotland 

You've mentioned this a couple of times. And yet, order book is oversubscribed and first cars are selling at a premium. I wish I had some of that Censored marketing! Very Happy

Post #630204 30th Apr 2022 5:23pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

Yup, I’ve said it twice this afternoon, correct. Apologies. Yes Land Rover are completely over subscribed on an amazing product (I think I said that) …my deposit was placed in June last year. I’m waiting patiently. My complaint has been poor moms, pr and a poor set of misrepresentations on their configurator. Is that not allowed on this forum?

Post #630205 30th Apr 2022 5:32pm
Crocs

Scotland 

Of course it’s allowed. And I’m allowed a different view.

Post #630207 30th Apr 2022 5:52pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

D’accord random internet person

Post #630208 30th Apr 2022 5:55pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

Crocs wrote:

…..that said if you’re up for it, can you explain how the comms, pr and configurator have been executed by Land Rover on a 130k plus product has been to your satisfaction? Genuinely curious. Where do you live where such low hurdling is so acceptable? Which reviews have you found independent? Do you find the configurator a genuine representation of the real life pictures (scarce as they have been):

I apologise for derailing the thread

Post #630209 30th Apr 2022 6:08pm
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Whilst I am one of the many who are not in a position to order a new RR, it has been interesting watching the launch / roll out of the L460. At times it appears to have been a badly thought out and poorly implemented process. BUT.....I don't think JLR give two hoots, they know they can easily sell every car they make. Which is a nice position to be in, as far as they are concerned. Some cars and other products will always sell due to the level of desirability they attain, irrespective of many factors such as reliability, customer satisfaction and service etc.

Personally I have yet to see an L460 for real, yesterday my brother who is definitely not a fan of RR's told me he saw one, on the road, and said all he could think was 'oh my god, I want one'!!He thought that the rear light(s) design was pure genius.

Myself, I think the launch has been poorly organised, but what do I know ? Whilst I am one of many who have and will make such comments, these will be irrelevant to JLR, as, unlike many other car brands, when have you ever read a story about compounds full of unsold Range Rovers which are proving hard to shift? As for JLR's policies / tactics, it seems that it may be a case of the old practice that some of the fair sex are said to use, that of 'treat em mean, to keep em keen' and they will always come back for more. Rolling with laughter

Apologies in advance if I bored anyone with the ramblings of a well travelled village idiot Very Happy
If you have got hold of a new one, hope all goes well, with no new car design gremlins to deal with.

Post #630220 30th Apr 2022 7:23pm
cass

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

Perhaps this is the work of a marketing genius?
Seems like quite a good way to get a lot of people to talk about a new car while spending sod all on promoting it?

Post #630223 30th Apr 2022 7:49pm
RDR

United Kingdom 

It’s being handled like many car releases I’ve observed recently. This is my take on how it works: Press are given first reviews but must stick to the press pack and avoid personal comments and negative views, they all use the same descriptions and call out the same features as per the press pack. The reviews are then reviewed by landrover and moderated/challenged if necessary. It was the same with the defender you watch one first review you have watched them all. They are also given footage to use in some cases.

Takes a good six months to get full press reviews. The owner first thoughts videos were the best for the defender. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #630231 30th Apr 2022 8:12pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

Crocs wrote:

I assume you are not up for justifying your position. I waited 24 hrs random internet person. If you are going to go into a wild contrary view, please don’t expect another random internet person to call you out.

So from me, it’s an amazing product, I can’t wait for my delivery, but the process is flawed. Do you actually have an order? Or are you sitting in stained underpants warrior mode?

BigFiat

Post #630296 1st May 2022 4:28pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

Crocs wrote:

Repeat post Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #630298 1st May 2022 4:29pm
Crocs

Scotland 

Sorry M8. I just refuse to be trolled!

Post #630306 1st May 2022 5:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>