Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > L322 Suspension ECU
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Old Barty

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black
L322 Suspension ECU

I have an intermittent problem with the suspension and I suspect the suspension ECU. My questions are :-- if I buy a second hand one from, say, eBay, will it just plug straight in or does it need to be programmed somehow ? Also, if I buy new from Rover ( funds permitting ) does it need to be programmed to the car ?
Anyone got any ideas as it's getting tiresome

Post #625531 6th Mar 2022 6:12pm
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

The suspension ecu holds the calibrations for the height sensors so one from another vehicle will need calibration.
What is the problem? Have the fault codes been read? There are lots of components more likely to not be working properly than the ecu.

Post #625549 6th Mar 2022 8:54pm
Old Barty

Hi Graeme, Thanks for the response --- The history is that I have had the 2 front sensors replaced with OEM units as the ones on the car were aftermarket units--this was due to getting the message 'Suspension Fault 30MPH ' The fault codes pointed to the 2 front sensors at that time. It has been OK for a couple of months but I knew it was going to fault again as I have been driving with the 4x4 display on the screen and I have noticed that the 2 red markers have started dancing up and down randomly and the more often than not it goes into fault mode . I have not had the codes read this time,yet, but I figured that as both the front sensors were new, I could reasonably rule them out

Post #625554 6th Mar 2022 9:08pm
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

Have you tried refitting the suspension ecu connectors? The ecu is under the left end of the facia and the front sensor wires are in the long grey connector. There are 4 connectors in total, 1 small and the other 2 appearing identical shape but have different keying. As your earlier problems were overcome with new sensors then it doesn't seem likely that faulty wiring/connectors is the cause but access to the suspension ecu is easy so worth R&R'ing the connector.

Post #625577 7th Mar 2022 8:00am
Old Barty

Morning Graeme -- Thanks again. No, I have not yet touched a thing. Good Idea though as it appears a reasonably quick and easy thing to so.---- I'll give it a go today, weather & wife permitting and see wheat I find or what happens..

Post #625585 7th Mar 2022 9:23am
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Unnecessary quote removed

Don't rule anything out on an L322 - never heard of of a suspension ECU fault but plenty of reports of non OEM height sensors failing in short time. Get the codes read first or better still but a GAP IID tool...... 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #625587 7th Mar 2022 9:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1