Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > HVAC blower staying on
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dannnn

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Santorini Black
HVAC blower staying on

Hi again,

Today's issue seems to be the main interior blower is constantly running even when turned all the way down and also after the car is turned off. I've pulled the fuse to stop it for now and just replaced the FSR with no success. Finding limited info online as most issues seem to be the fan not working at all.

Anyone else had this? 2012 Westminster

Many thanks

Post #628179 9th Apr 2022 1:05pm
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

As you have already changed the FSR, it may be the control panel that is at fault.
On earlier models all the HVAC system functions are controlled via a PCB built into the control panel, yours is probably the same, only a different design of operating panel. One member a while back had similar problems and changed the complete unit, albeit on a circa 2006 model.

Whilst there maybe someone who can repair these panels, they are on ebay etc for around £80, example as below

-gAAOSw7z5iKRue" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" rel="nofollow">https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313907444436?ha...Sw7z5iKRue

It is not a big job to change this panel. First maybe remove the panel and check for any damage from water or excess heat from a failure of a component on the PCB Hope this helps.

Post #628256 10th Apr 2022 10:44am
Dannnn

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Santorini Black

That's interesting as recently prior to the issue I had actually been experiencing an intermittent squeak/squeal from this area, which I thought could potentially be the small cooling fan for the PCB. I'm guessing if this fan has now completely failed it may have damaged the PCB and caused this issue?

Shame I'm not aware of a way to fully test this without taking a chance and just replacing the whole unit

Post #628258 10th Apr 2022 11:08am
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Below are more links for a repair on a PCB unit inside, and a video showing how to remove an earlier HVAC panel, I would think that removing yours would be very similar. If you tried a spare panel at least it is not too expensive.

Also, as all controls come from this PCB, I do not know if there will be a relay involved for driving the fan? If so, I would think a relay failure would mean no fan speed at all. Maybe try a remove and clean up of the unit first, maybe some compressed air or electronic / electrical cleaning spray and visually check for damage.

Hope this helps Thumbs Up

Post #628259 10th Apr 2022 11:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1