Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > GPS cable route in L322 2010-12 with hdd navigation (No DVD)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
woodrjh

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Buckingham Blue
GPS cable route in L322 2010-12 with hdd navigation (No DVD)

Hi,

My diagnostics screen for the GPS shows no data received from any satellite, and date code of somewhere in the year 2000.

I assume that there is an issue with the antenna, and judging from looking under the headlining, I'm not the first person to have been there.

Given that I do not have the DVD unit, does anyone know where the cable runs from the roof mounted antenna? Is it direct to the head unit in the dash, or is there an intermediate connection/amplifier anywhere?

I'm likely going to replace the internal antenna in the shark fin, so I've ordered a FAKRA antenna from the bay of E.

I'm just trying to figure out the best option to connect it, which may be to solder/connect the new antenna in place of the old one in the shark fin.

Cheers,

Rick

Post #628365 11th Apr 2022 2:44pm
woodrjh

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

GPS antenna replaced and the sat nav and diagnostics now show that the new antenna has fixed the problem.

I’m not surprised that the antennas in the roof pod fail, as the exposure to the sun, and very high temp that must occur inside it is going to shorten the life what ever the antenna is made from.

Anyhow, rather than disturb the roof pod, I have relocated the new antenna below the tailgate spoiler. There is a convenient unused hole with a grommet in it on the left side under the spoiler and a space next to it that was big enough for the new antenna. I removed the plastic shroud from the fakra connector, and this allowed the cable to pass through the grommet and then through the left side tailgate cable route into the roof space above the headlining. As my car does not have the DVD nav system, it looks like the existing cable runs directly from the roof pod to the sat nav unit in the dash. Unfortunately the cable that attaches to the roof pod is a female fakra, and the one on the new antenna is the same, so can’t be directly connected. Amazon have short male to male fakra cables and that did the trick. The roof spoiler is plastic so there’s no issue with the GPS signal.

Hope this helps if anyone else has this issue on the later L322s.

Cheers,

Rick

Post #629396 22nd Apr 2022 1:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1