Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > 10k miles in a new D300 (Review)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JamesD

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey
10k miles in a new D300 (Review)

Hey Folks,

Well its been 5 months and 10k miles since I picked up my latest L405 where I chose the D300 variant. I have the opportunity to drive an SDV6 regularly (Disco 4) and had a TDV6 (L405) in the past so I can compare to both. The first thing I noticed about the current L405 is the ride composure, it seems just that little bit tighter than I remember. I particularly like the dynamic setting for when it gets twisty, it makes a huge difference to the roll in the corners. The new interior is a definite improvement and I am a fan of the dual screen which allows you to split functions across them, media and satnav being my default. The seats are a touch wider than the previous the L405 (2016 plate) and its great to have the controls on the door cards. I went for an ivory interior this time and 10k miles in its holding up well. The biggest difference so far is the engine however, its very refined compared to the SDV6 and TDV6 and has plenty of power. I average 30mpg around town and it will do 40mpg on a gentle run no issues. The good news is I have not had any oil dilution warnings like in the old TDV6 (bonus), I am told the DPF is sited much closer to the exhaust manifold than before so does a better job as it gets hotter in normal cycle without having to have diesel injected into it.

Bad Points?

Not many to be honest...I have had 1 infotainment glitch in ownership and no other issues (apart from the dealer but that's another story). I have spotted the ZF gearbox can sometimes hold onto lower gears when you have a quick take off then engine brake down to a slow cruise, but its a minor issue. Overall I am very happy and plan to run this car for some time. 2021 L405 Vogue D300
2016 L405 Vogue 3.0TDV6 (Sold)

Post #625982 12th Mar 2022 8:23am
Kot

United Kingdom 

James
Its interesting the D engines seem to have cured the oil dilution problem.

As a matter of interest though, does your Remote app, in the status tab, reflect the service due miles with your actual miles done?

app service due miles = service interval - actual miles. ?

Would be of interest if you monitor this over your 1st year and report back on this thread 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #625989 12th Mar 2022 10:08am
harisson

Switzerland 

@JamesD

Thank you for your informations Smile
I registered here to contribute in discussions about the inline-six Diesel. I have a L494 Range Rover Sport with the D350 engine. Got it also 5 months ago and have 6000km on the clock.
since two weeks I am recording my drives with Torque app and an OBD dongle. It's genious: the Ingenium engine covers a lot of standard PID of the app so that I directly (on-the-fly) see the coolant temperature, DPF temperature, oil temperature and the exhaust gas temperature.
I wanted to see these figures during my drive to the office and back (15km one way. the half way is on Autobahn).
as soon as I am on the Autobahn (after ca. 3.5-4km) the CAT and DPF temperatures are going over 300 degrees.
I suppose that with over 300 degrees the passive regeneration is taking place (the old Lions did that with 250 degrees Celsius of DPF)

interesting is, that the CAT and DPF temperature are very stable and, as soon as the engine is warm, the temperatures are close to each other (deviation of 10 degrees on a level of 300 degrees).
for me that's the confirmation, that DPF and CAT are close-coupled to the engine. if you open the hood and look to your engine: on the left side you see the turbo and between the engine and cabin you see a "big box" covered it heat-sheets - personally I suppose there is the CAT including the DPF.
last week I changed to summer tyres and took a look under the car - there is nowhere a DPF, so I suppose it is in this "big box" Smile

if you are interested, check my post on rrsport.co.uk
Link

enjoy the car and the engine!
the new Ingenium is simply great!

cheers
harisson Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #627920 6th Apr 2022 12:52pm
Minghis

United Kingdom 

I love my D300 Westminster however it's my first one so can't really compare it to anything else. It's a smooth, silky engine and apart from the occasional low speed jolt seems really well matched to the gearbox.

I hear talk of the engines getting better and giving up a bit more power as they add miles, mine has just over 3000 miles now and it's getting some enthusiastic use which I also hear does them no harm.

Post #628613 13th Apr 2022 5:50pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

Kot wrote:

As a matter of interest though, does your Remote app, in the status tab, reflect the service due miles with your actual miles done?

app service due miles = service interval - actual miles. ?

James can you answer this? 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #628671 14th Apr 2022 2:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1