Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > SV interior - Thoughts on 50/50 front and rear colour split
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba
SV interior - Thoughts on 50/50 front and rear colour split

Like many of us, I'm still not 100% sure on my L460 order, so today I've been considering switching from a LWB PHEV, to a standard wheelbase SV P510e, largely because I love the colour in the photo below (Varesine Blue).

At first I thought I really liked the mix of Caraway and Perlino leather interior, that was until I realised that the interior colours are almost a complete 50/50 front and rear split in terms of seat colours, with Caraway Near-Aniline leather seats been in the front, and Perlino Semi-Aniline leather rear seats being in the back.

While I like the colour combo, part of me thinks the front being in one colour and the rear half another, sort of looks a bit odd!

Has anyone else looked at this on the configurator, and does anyone else think it looks a bit like they ran out of one leather colour in the front, so used something different in the back?

Post #630651 4th May 2022 8:52pm

United Kingdom 

Yes, I think it looks odd, aja500. It seems as if they are either trying to suggest it's a chauffeurs car by differentiating front and rear colours or, as I suspect, desperately trying too hard to make it look different.

As far as I can tell you can't even choose to have it all one colour. I thought SV was about creating more choice! It's just another example of how the SV offering is not properly thought through in my view.

I will be amazed if the SV versions are not completely reworked soon into L460's life cycle, because there is room in the line up for an SV, but not quite like this.

Post #630653 4th May 2022 9:16pm
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

Aja500 I bought a ticket to Salon Privé in Chelsea to see the public launch of the SV. They had a LWB white car with the two tone interior.

I liked it, and it sort of made sense in that the seats used the most are in Caraway while the less used rear seats are in Perlino. It also solves the impression of acres of one colour that can be quite dominant if you opt for Caraway or Perlino throughout.

The chap I spoke to said if you want an SV then your dealer can put you in touch with the SV team at the factory, and you can visit to see all the colour samples and perfect the spec.

He also said that customers have asked for the interior to be in one colour beyond black and that was likely to be offered in the future.

One watch point is the carpets were light cream in colour and as you can imagine as a show car it showed the dirt.

Just read 5.0’s thoughts on the SV proposition in general and as a previous SV AB owner I fully agree. Someone said on another thread that the SV could work with a power hike and any toy you want included in the price. Spot on. And the ability to have whatever you want in terms of colour and trim.

Post #630654 4th May 2022 9:20pm
aja500

Thanks for your thoughts 5.0 and Freddy.

Firstly 5.0, yes you're right, you'd expect more from the flagship model. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of choice when it comes to interior colours on the SV, it's either the mix I mention, all Perlino or all black.

I think it might look OK if you're sat in the back looking forward, enabling you to see the full colour combination, but I'm not going to be sat in the back, I'll be in the front, and I think when I turn round I might end up thinking, "why are those back seats a different colour".

Freddy, yes I had noticed the cream carpets on some videos showing the LWB. I once had some light coloured floor mats in a Lexus 4x4 I bought for my wife (less said about that the better), literally within a week or two, they looked mucky and discoloured. That said, on the standard wheelbase, the carpets appear to be in Caraway.

Interesting what you say about being able to go to the factory and tailor the car a bit more, I'll ask the retailer about that - While I'm somewhat unsure about the interior, I still haven't completely written it off Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #630656 4th May 2022 9:42pm

United Kingdom 

I didn't realise you could have all Perlino. That's not so bad then. I still think it's a lot of money for not much, but I guess if I think that then maybe I am not the target market Laughing

Post #630657 4th May 2022 10:08pm
aja500

I agree 5.0 - It is a lot of money for what is essentially "trinketry" - I'm just really struggling to find a colour I feel certain that I will like, which is why I'm considering it.

Yes, the Perlino is there, but as that's available across the range, I suppose that's just another reason to find it hard to justify all the extra cost.

Furthermore, the compromises continue with the PHEV even in SV form. Seems you can't have the matching bronze 23" wheels on the SV PHEV, so if I go down this road, I won't get the exact image above. Also, the LWB SV is not available in PHEV form, only standard wheelbase.

Seems JLR are determined not to let me get any kind of combination that I feel completely happy with!!

Post #630658 4th May 2022 10:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1