Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] L322 Paddleshift Modification Kit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Zebedee

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Santorini Black
[For Sale] L322 Paddleshift Modification Kit

We have finally got hold of some more paddleshift modification kits for the 2002-2010 L322 Range Rovers.

The full kit, including the electronics and genuine Land Rover paddles is available to members of this forum for a discounted price of £241 including postage.

More details in this thread: www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic54579.html?hi...addleshift

Click image to enlarge
 Current:
- 2013 L405 4.4 TDV8 Vogue
Sold:
- 2004 L322 4.4 Vogue (BRC LPG)
- 2002 L322 4.4 HSE (having fixed timing chain guides)
- 2000 P38 4.6 Vogue (BRC LPG)
- 1981 2-door In-Vogue
- 1980 Ex-Army SIII LWB
- 1976 SIII LWB
- 1968 SIIA
Stripped for parts:
- 2003 L322 4.4 Vogue

Post #630993 8th May 2022 4:45pm
Bean19844

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey

These kit's completely transform the car and make it more fun too drive however there's a downside to it. It chews the fuel up even quicker but it's definitely worth the money.

I use my 4.2 sc too tow my impreza around and it makes towing a bit more comfortable as you can just tap the paddle instead of moving the whole gearstick

Well worth the money

Post #631006 8th May 2022 6:48pm
Jcsh

France 

I fitted these to my 2007 SC and it really does transform the car. Great to hold it a low gear (or even a high gear for economy) and the support is fantastic !
Credit where credit is due

Post #632059 18th May 2022 3:31am
Jcsh

France 

Should also say that there was nothing wrong with the kit, just an error in my installation that led me to asking for support!

Post #632060 18th May 2022 3:44am
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Fitted the steering wheel parts of the kit today - also took the opportunity to remove the switch packs and clean the previous owners detrius... I did use a bit of double sided foam tape to hold the transmitter in place and some assembly tape to hold the extra wiring in place - purely to make reassembly easy without having to worry about things getting trapped, oh, and used a bit of adhesive lined heatshrink in place of the supplied one - there's nothing wrong as such with the supplied one, it's just 'belt & braces'.
Looking forward to fitting the rest of the kit as time allows, I think I'll extend the 5/10 sec jumper to (probably) the drivers footwell trim panel as I can't decide which timing I want, removing the centre console panel would be a PITA so extending it somewhere accessible makes sense to me.

Very happy with the build quality, shipping (Royal Mail SD) and install guide. I've removed a few L322 airbag modules so it wasn't an issue but there was no guidance or explanation of what needs to move to release the assembly which would probably help someone approaching the install with no prior knowledge of what's behind the holes in the trim

Post #633140 28th May 2022 7:12pm
kds2

England 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I was also in two minds over the longer delay but after after driving with the longer delay for a while found it to be too long, went back to short delay and in practice its just fine.

Post #633156 28th May 2022 10:54pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Thanks for that - I did extend the wiring with a PCB header and some leftover twisted pair with a toggle switch at the end of it - TBH, it's fine on the 5 second delay, but I do have the 10 sec. option if there's a German car driver playing silly Censored ...

I did have an issue with the spring-loaded contact, despite it being set properly and making good mechanical contact with the selector mechanism, it was initially a bit hit-and-miss. I cleaned the contact area on the selector with some contact cleaner and a small wire brush which improved matters (~90% working), I'm going to fit a roller lever arm microswitch to eliminate contact resistance and any resistance through the moving parts due to lubrication, corrosion, dirt etc. Although it will be nominally more complex, I believe it will be a better engineering solution. It may be a couple of weeks before I have time to do this but I'll take some photos for anyone interested.

Post #633642 3rd Jun 2022 7:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1