Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > MY23 Price increase
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ffrrman

United Kingdom 
MY23 Price increase

I am one of those lucky ones that got to see the new RR before the public reveal and get to place my order before the general public. Well it turns out Im not so lucky afterall. 1) There is no sign of when my car will turn up (Autobiography D350)! 2) The dealer rang me today to say my car will now be an MY23 and there is a £5k price increase!!

This is pretty ridiculous from JLR as orders were confirmed and order was signed at least 4/5 months ago! They have delivered cars to people that were not at this so called VIP launch event and to rub salt in the wounds they now expect those waiting to take a hit on cost. My dealer principal has said JLR will not absorb the increase on confirmed orders!

JLR well done, you guys really know how to rub your loyal (VIP!? LOL!) customers up!!!

Post #631242 10th May 2022 11:03pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

I was also told this a few weeks ago by my dealer - I also have a 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet on order. Porsche have told me the same.

The bottom line ffrrman, is that these companies simply don't give a toss anymore..... They don't care about you and they don't care about me.

I seem to spend my entire life on the phone to companies who are "Currently experiencing high call volumes at the moment" only to eventually get through to some work shy lazy numb skull, who is working from home, and frankly couldn't give a damn.

I'm not sure why everywhere seems to be so short staffed at the moment......

Have all these former employees died from Covid?

Is it because of Brexit?

Or maybe it's due to the war in Ukraine!!

Who knows...... Take your pick from any of these lame excuses.

The government have been so busy dishing out cash and telling people to stay at home, that we've now created a lazy society, and one that's going to be very difficult to change. Many people now expect to do the bear minimum from their armchairs, and all for the maximum return.

I guarantee you this though, this disposable cash will soon start to dry up, I suspect over the next 9-15 months.

When it does, and many people can no longer afford that cheap APR car finance payment, because their gas and electric bills have doubled, together with an increase in interest rates, maybe then, when revenue starts to slow, maybe these vehicle manufacturers, (and many other sectors), will start to take note, and make a bit more effort with their customers.

In the meantime ffrrman, sadly, this is the world we live in.

Post #631248 11th May 2022 12:06am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

I am waiting for that conversation with my dealer, and coincidently I placed an order July 4th last year for a 911, no slot yet and will then be TOLD the price increase.
The only thing I will give them is they are not making hay while the sun shines they are doing what they have to in difficult times.
All those men in grey suits who have boasted about just in time parts management have totally screwed them.
But such first world problems makes us so lucky, we sound like spoiled brats complaining when I turn on the news. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #631250 11th May 2022 6:17am
aja500

I fully agree with you Dixy, although I wasn't talking solely about the delay in vehicle supply.

To be honest, I don't need the 911, in fact I'm not even sure I'll keep it, as the Exclusive Manufacturer Leather colour combo I spec'd has gone from the configurator, so I'm not sure I'll even get what I ordered. As for the L460, well I'm not in a great rush for that either, as I had an L405 5.0 Supercharged delivered in December, so I'm lucky in as much as that I still have a new Range Rover in the garage that still makes me happy.

The thing that really gets to me though Dixy, is that I feel many businesses have decided to use recent world issues as an excuse for poor customer service, and people working from home are loving this new daily family life, with a bit of work thrown in, now seeing the phone and work, as an inconvenience.

Of course what's happening in the Ukraine is absolutely dreadful, but I just don't see the link between that and almost an hour long wait on the phone to an insurance company, or a shortage of trained staff in many areas of business. Customer service has completely vanished, and many companies are still playing the Covid card. Only the other day, I got an automated message that started "due to Covid blah, blah, blah" REALLY!!!!

Finally, in my opinion, this spike in inflation is maybe 10% to do with the Ukraine, 90% our own Cock Up - Brexit and Free Covid Cash / Track & Trace at a cost of £37 Billion etc, etc

Post #631259 11th May 2022 7:34am
7 CDB

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Loire Blue

Nothing to add really - just that I hate banks 😂😂😂

Covid, Brexit - who knew so much of the world relied on Ukraine.
It’s all absolute BS. We work in food production factories where they now have to pay the dumbest of arses £11.50 an hour just to turn up, times this by 5/600 work shy,lazy,smelly scrotes and you do wonder where this Country is 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

We are very lucky people getting home to our lovely families and nice homes - let’s not forget that 👍👍

Post #631262 11th May 2022 7:57am
Angus

United Kingdom 

Couldn’t agree more Dixy - well said.

The price increase is actually below the rate (6% vice 10%?) of inflation and I suspect JLR isn’t transferring all of the increased production costs to the customer. I would highly anticipate another price rise at MY23.5 for those who haven’t received their cars by then.

That said, I’m very luck in the that my orders, although now converted to MY23, is being honoured at MY22 prices. My dealer said they have about 40-50 customer orders and JLR drew the line based on time of order to who would and who wouldn’t be asked to pay more. I’m not sure where the cut-off date falls but I guess I ordered early enough to be protected. They did say any changes to spec would be charged at the new prices, which seems fair.

Post #631264 11th May 2022 8:03am
aja500

I couldn't agree more 7 CDB Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

If we take the Ukraine out of the equation, as I don't think it really has a lot to do with the general state of the country, (maybe with the exception of perhaps a contribution towards increasing fuel costs), this country is in a terrible mess now and it's going to get a hell of a lot worse.

Billions were wasted during Covid (shame the money wasn't spent to build hospitals, then we wouldn't have 6.5 million people on waiting lists). Billions more was dished out willy nilly.

Then Brexit meant many good hard working Europeans were made to feel unwelcome, discriminated against and sent home. So now we're getting shafted by the likes of British builders who are charging whatever they want, because of the manpower shortage Brexit has created.

British attitudes towards work are now at an all time low, and customer service in many areas is virtually non existent.

And yet the latest breaking news is that everything is becoming more expensive...... Well there's a surprise!!

What did we all think was going to happen Laughing Laughing

Just getting back to the point of the topic though...... The reality is, everything is going up in price and will continue to do so.
As consumers, there's nothing we can do. We have to realise why it's happening, understand that manufacturer's are suffering these increases and so they have to be passed on. Unfortunately, we've just got to accept it.

Post #631273 11th May 2022 8:56am
Singh96

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Corris Grey

I've heard that all L460 orders delivered after the price increase was announced were subject to the new price, which would mean only a handful of customers received their car at the original price.

A number of which have ended up in the hands of scalpers and resellers........ Laughing

Once again the general RR customer gets shafted again.

Post #631278 11th May 2022 9:49am
Angus

United Kingdom 

@Singh96 - not true; I’m yet to have mine and the pricing is being honoured as MY22 despite being built as MY23

Post #631303 11th May 2022 1:04pm
Singh96

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Corris Grey

When are you expecting delivery, if you don't mind me asking ?

Post #631305 11th May 2022 1:38pm
aja500

Angus wrote:
@Singh96 - not true; I’m yet to have mine and the pricing is being honoured as MY22 despite being built as MY23

If you don't get a price increase Angus, you are a very lucky man and you will be an exception, rather than the rule.

The manufacturer's have suffered increases in costs and these have to be passed down to the main dealers, and then to the customer.

Dixy made a very interesting point earlier - At the moment, it looks like the salesman are having a great time, with more orders being placed than they can fulfil, but as Dixy says, they are not making hay while the sun is shining. They only get paid on cars delivered, if no cars are being built, the salesman is having a tough time and not getting paid as much as he / she once was pre all the current issues.

Post #631324 11th May 2022 4:39pm
Angus

United Kingdom 

I think you’re right. My dealer said only about 10 of the 40 orders were being honoured at the price at point of order (he didn’t save where JLR directed the line to be drawn). I guess I was early enough to survive the price increase - although, as I said above, if I started playing with the spec (say going to ‘23 wheels from ‘22) I would be charged the new prices for that particular upgrade. He was dreading having to call loyal customers which he’d built relationships with over the years to ask them to cough up the extra money - genuinely looked defeated when he was explaining it all to me! My order has moved to ‘confirmed’ - no date issued, but first customer specced cars are now showing for July delivery at my dealer - so guess I’ll see mine in August or September (but anytime this year is fine with me)

Post #631325 11th May 2022 4:50pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

I agree with all the comments ( & rants!) about the British work-shy employees. I'm just glad we sold our business in 2017, seems we got out by the skin of our teeth!

I'm of an age where I've suddenly realised that threatening to throw a brick at the telly and cancelling the newspaper will do no-one any good, so I'm pretty chilled about it all.......except for Ukraine.

We have 11 refugees in our village and they are pretty scared about what's happening. Until sanctions really take hold I think they are in for the long-haul unless a sensible and brave Russian takes a pot shot at Mr Putin, but that's unlikely.

Sad old world; at least we know what our parents/grandparents were going through in 1938/9, on the brink!!

New cars? Just a tin box which will look pretty dated in 3 years and then we get on the merry-go-round again....... All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #631398 12th May 2022 11:36am
Crocs

Scotland 

Call me old-fashioned but I've always believed that a deal is a deal.

Post #631415 12th May 2022 3:01pm
Eggenburg

Austria 

Great comment, fully agree!!!
Best regards from Austria - we are pretty close to Ukraine.....

Post #631416 12th May 2022 3:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1