Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > First impression’s
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Bazzert9

United Kingdom 
First impression’s

I took delivery of my first FF Rangy yesterday, having previously owned the Velar and then the Sport this is in another league in terms of refinement and luxury.

My Sport was an AB 3ltr Tdi, my new Rangy a P400 3ltr Petrol AB. Had this 4 years and loved it.

Running on the 23” wheels I thought on out UK roads I’d feel most potholes n bumps but I can honestly say you hardly feel a thing, the ride is super soft yet solid into the corners you really feel the car grip no roll or wollow, the petrol engine is super smooth and more than capable dragging this lump around, the noise cancellation certainly works although when you crank up the amazing Meridian System with your favourite tunes this is irrelevant.

The full leather interior in the AB version gives you leather everywhere and is finished really well, I do agree with some previous posts a few of the silver sprayed plastic trims feel and look a little cheap but these a few in total.

The Pivi Pro system is fast and very intuitive very easy to get around and use. However I did have one system freeze which needed a car restart to clear. I was disappointed to see there is no way to connect HDMI sources like there was in my RRS which was 4 years old can’t help but feel this is a chance missed to use that big screen for maybe a firestick for Netflix, the wireless charging and apple play are a great addition, however I turned off the apple play as the Pivi Pro with the stock nav and Spotify account added are perfect.

For those asking in earlier posts the back seats fold without having to remove headrests they move the front seats forward whilst they are folding then move the front seats back, dancing seats.

Another question I’ve seen asked is about lowering the car and is there a one touch button to do this and yes there in on the door switch panel.

All in all my first impressions are wow what a car, if I could sulk about anything is the loss of the fridge it was standard on my sport AB but optional on this one. With my car being a dealer spec one there was nothing I could do, all the other spec was perfect for me.

I’ve had mine ceramic coated today will try get some photos up soon.

Any questions fire away.

Post #632465 21st May 2022 6:23pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Thanks for your feedback! Please share some pictures too.

I have two HDMI ports in the rear Executive armrest...do you not have these too?

Post #632476 21st May 2022 8:53pm
Bazzert9

United Kingdom 

Is yours a first edition or have the rear entertainment package I think those HDMIs are for the rear screens I could be wrong though I’ll check out the rear armrest tomorrow not been in back yet.

Post #632481 21st May 2022 9:14pm
Bazzert9

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #632483 21st May 2022 9:18pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Bazzert9 wrote:
Is yours a first edition or have the rear entertainment package I think those HDMIs are for the rear screens I could be wrong though I’ll check out the rear armrest tomorrow not been in back yet.

Mine is a First Edition indeed. Ah, didn’t know they were just included with RSE.

Post #632493 21st May 2022 10:14pm
Martin2

England 

Sounds great.

Just out of interest, the sidewall depth on the 23s is actually slightly greater than 22s on the L405, just over half way between the 21s and 22s actually. The 22s on the L460 are almost exactly the same as 21s on the L405. So ignoring what sounds like to be improvements in ride with the new car, you can go up a wheel size without any impact. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #632495 21st May 2022 10:48pm

United Kingdom 

Very nice images. Eiger looks much better with the shadow pack. It really lifts it. 👍🏻

Post #632506 22nd May 2022 7:43am
MJG

Australia 2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Bazzert9
For those asking in earlier posts the back seats fold without having to remove headrests they move the front seats forward whilst they are folding then move the front seats back, dancing seats.
My Question
I have a 2019 AB SWB I cannot remove the back headrests because they are electric, which I assume is the same for the L406 AB.
This means when the seats are folded down the front drivers seat will not go all the way back for a good driving position, normally I have the front drivers seat all the way back.
I have on order the L406 AB SWB and my concern is will the drivers seat go all the way back when the back seats are folded down. I also see the L406 is 52mm longer in wheel base.
So will the drivers seat go fully back either the back seats folded? assuming the back headrests can’t be removed.

Post #632519 22nd May 2022 10:51am
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 
Re: First impression’s

Bazzert9 wrote:

The full leather interior in the AB version gives you leather everywhere and is finished really well, I do agree with some previous posts a few of the silver sprayed plastic trims feel and look a little cheap but these a few in total.

Congrats, very nice car. What materials are used on the lower door bins and backs of front seats? Is it also leather or is it soft plastic?

Thanks

Post #632579 22nd May 2022 9:02pm
Bazzert9

United Kingdom 

Ok MJG I’ve done some testing tonight the headrests can’t me removed, however when you lower the back the front seat moves forward, but then returns to it position, I have my seat virtually all the way back, and I could still move it a Touch ID say it pretty much goes all the way back I’ve enclosed a couple of pics to show you.

Post #632591 22nd May 2022 10:16pm
Bazzert9

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

Post #632593 22nd May 2022 10:52pm
MJG

Thank you very much for the photos, and explanation.
I can see in your photos there is a difference in back headrests also I see the position of the front on the slide which is well back compared to 2019 AB
I have attached 2 photos showing my back seat folded plus the position of the front seat on the slide track.
I had planned on the LWB but happy now I have ordered the SWB AB

Was it possible to order the following 2 options?
1) Power assisted doors
2) Remote park assist

Post #632622 23rd May 2022 9:59am
Bazzert9

United Kingdom 

Glad that helped,

Mine was a dealer spec car so I'm not sure on your second question, however other reading I've done I don't think these options are yet available, I think we may get remote Park as a software update.

Post #632624 23rd May 2022 10:09am
MJG

100% helped appreciate.
The 2 items mentioned are not available until mid 23, semiconductor shortage.
Once again thanks

Post #632627 23rd May 2022 10:13am
James W

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Siberian Silver

Stunning colour and spec Bow down

Congratulations - enjoy Thumbs Up FFRR SDV8 Autobiography

Post #632638 23rd May 2022 11:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>