Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > 2 weeks in Road trip thoughts
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bazzert9

United Kingdom 
2 weeks in Road trip thoughts

Well yesterday was my first real chance to take the car on a proper road trip, 300 miles some motorway, soma A roads and some B roads.

I started my day planning the trip on the journey planner app, start end and 4 waypoints took minutes to plot, only then to realise that the LR Route planner app was not compatible with the Pivi Pro and i needed to plan the trip in the car on the system this was hard work it didn’t seem to flow adding waypoints etc, this took over half an hour and i very nearly gave up to use Google Map on CarPlay, but I persevered, and eventually got my road trip in the system.

I searched Spotify finding a greatest driving songs play list, and off we set, we wasn’t ten minutes into the trip and the music stopped, I asked Alexa to play something else but got a red bar and a dull tone, no Alexa, i had read somewhere this can happen so held down the power for about 30 seconds, the system rebooted but still no Alexa or Spotify, i then decided stop at a garage, turn off the engine lock and unlock again no joy, so had to resort the DAB Radio, by first waypoint was 92 miles of motorway and i must say how flawless and surreal the drive in this car is, refined luxury this thing was built for motorway cruising, the adaptive cruise didn’t feel as smooth and accurate as my older sport but that could just be me getting used to it.

At the first waypoint i again tried a reboot, lock and unlock the car still no Alexa or Spotify, this was really disappointing as most of the rest of the the trip was high in the hills of North Yorkshire Cumbria etc and the DAB was very hit and miss.

The second half of my road trip was some of the best driving roads in the UK from Penrith to Alston over Hartside Pass, then on to Haydon Bridge, down the B6278 to Barnard Castle then onto Ribblesdale and then Settle, these roads are awesome to drive. I must admit though I preferred this part of the journey in my RR Sport, all though I didn’t play with the settings much on the new FFRR, im sure with some tweaks i could of maybe got a slightly better setup, in Auto Mode the 3ltr petrol wants to snap at you while your accelerating out of corners / bends it felt like a constant battle to keep it under control, i fight into the bends to control the breaking and power balance, i think it would be unfair of me to blame the car but it certainly didn’t feel as solid as the sport, with my fuel level running low i decided to pop it into Eco mode and strangely this seemed to calm the beast a little with the shifts seeming smoother, with me swapping for a diesel to petrol now it could all just be a case of me getting used the car.

Fuel economy was really pleasing average of 26.9mpg on the 89 mile motorway section with 45 minutes of crawling along at 20-30mph, 25.9 Average from Penrith to Settle approx 149 miles, then a very pleasing 31.2mpg for the last stint from settle home approx 45 miles.

We was 9 hours on the trip getting out just a couple of times, in fact the mother in law never got out the back seat she was so settled. I’m very disappointed about the Pivi Pro fault which is still the same today, i have tried resetting the data connection etc so thats a call for Monday to the dealer,.

This by far is the most luxurious, comfortable car ive ever owned or driven, whether i keep it though or go back to the sport I'm not yet sure, is it worth so much more than my sport only time will tell.

Post #633658 3rd Jun 2022 11:56pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Thanks for sharing your thoughts too. Which engine do you have? The P400?

I have the same issues with Alexa - it forgets the configuration after every lock/unlock cycle it would appear and I’ve given up reconfiguring it until the bug is sorted.

Post #633664 4th Jun 2022 7:17am
Bazzert9

United Kingdom 

Yes I have the P400.

What do you mean by reconfiguring it? Since Alexa and the data services dissapeared I can’t get them back on.

Post #633665 4th Jun 2022 7:31am
adara

Romania 2019 Range Rover Vogue 2.0 PHEV Santorini Black

Lock/unlock might not be enough to reset the systems, our dealer said (at least for the L405) 15 minutes of rest are required between... 2019 Vogue P400e

Post #633772 6th Jun 2022 6:32am
Bazzert9

United Kingdom 

It’s been 4 days now and still not come back I’ll contact the dealer today to see what they say.

Post #633775 6th Jun 2022 8:11am
TexasOurTexas

United States 

Any feedback on the radar cruise? Is it more advanced than on the L405? As much as I love my L405, the radar cruise has lagged behind Tesla, Mercedes, and even GM. I'm hoping they made an upgrade to get it at least close to comparable.

Post #633912 7th Jun 2022 3:27pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

Bazzert9 wrote:
It’s been 4 days now and still not come back I’ll contact the dealer today to see what they say.

Thanks for your thoughts after the road trip.

You'll probably get a quicker response from Land Rover Assistance

Post #633936 7th Jun 2022 5:42pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

TexasOurTexas wrote:
Any feedback on the radar cruise? Is it more advanced than on the L405? As much as I love my L405, the radar cruise has lagged behind Tesla, Mercedes, and even GM. I'm hoping they made an upgrade to get it at least close to comparable.

Almost 4000 miles on mine and I use adaptive cruise control frequently. It is nowhere near as smooth or comparable to the ACC we have on our 2017 Velar. This for me would be possibly my only gripe with the vehicle so far. Great still on motorway journeys but can be a bit heart in mouth elsewhere.

Post #633942 7th Jun 2022 6:37pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Agree with the comments on the radar cruise - I think it’s jolty and way behind competitor systems.

Post #633981 8th Jun 2022 4:50am

United Kingdom 

I assume this must be down to a software calibration issue because presumably the ACC systems are made by people like Bosch and are common to a number of makes of car.

I never liked the ACC on my L405. I just used it as a normal cruise control because the acceleration and braking was too harsh.

I always have the system on in my BMW when in traffic because it drives as smoothly as I can.

Post #633994 8th Jun 2022 7:45am
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

It’s the same here, too harsh. Initially I had put it down to the greater mass of the vehicle in comparison to our velar. A far greater load to bring to a halt smoothly.

As suggested, perhaps a software update would help. ACC when used proposals is absolutely magnificent in traffic.

Post #633997 8th Jun 2022 8:09am
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Interesting to read about the radar cruise. I find it pretty good on my 2018 L405. Maybe I don't know how bad it is because I have nothing to compare it to, but it's hard to believe it would have got worse on the L460! 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #634030 8th Jun 2022 11:37am
TexasOurTexas

United States 

Thanks for the feedback on the cruise, even if the news is somewhat disappointing. I would not consider for even one second buying a Tesla or GM product ('63 split window notwithstanding), but those "autopilots" are fantastic and light years ahead of my 2020 L405, especially the Tesla. I didn't expect the L460 to get to Tesla level, but I hoped they would at least close the gap somewhat.

Post #634055 8th Jun 2022 4:03pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Land Rover is ‘cutting edge’ for off road electronics more than on road electronics to be honest. So we can dream on. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #634229 10th Jun 2022 1:14am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1