Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Recurring Air suspension fault - Articulation validity....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
joeinthecotswolds

United Kingdom 
Recurring Air suspension fault - Articulation validity....

Hi All,
I'm a fairly new L322 owner, and love the car.

I saved mine from the scrapman, as I felt it was too tidy to go to the great gig in the sky.

It's a 4.4 petrol V8 2004.

When I bought it, the previous owner had gotten fed up of spending money on it trying to sort the air suspension.

The problems started (well maybe !) when he had some tyres fitted, and the tyre place put it on a ramp that left all wheels dangling and ruined a couple of the airbags (front).
He had it diagnosed afterwards, and another garage fitted a new NSF airbag/strut.

The car continued to give him problems, and was left to sit in a car park.

It also drove really strange "like a shopping trolley - the brakes are weirs like only the opposite corners are working and it tries to put you in the ditch!" is how he put it....
It had an ABS fault that was triggered by the air suspension I believe (CAN)

I bought it and fitted a new airbag/strut to the NSF as it was dropping down on the NSF when lt sat for a couple of weeks.
I also fitted a new (amazon) NSF height sensor, cleared the ABS fault and then all was well for about a hundred miles.......

The Air Suspension inactive is back on, and it gives the fault "articulation validity", and the ABS fault is back too.
When I try to clear the faults, they do clear sometimes, but very often I get a "link error" from the icarsoft pro that I'm using, and cannot then reset the air suspension fault......

Also, if related or not, I don't know, but the steering wheel has recently stopped automatically moving away when car is switched off, and to you when car is switched on - BUT, the very odd time, it comes back to life after the car hasn't been used and works for a couple of days.

I'm going to be around the forum for the coming years, and will try to contribute but would appreciate if anyone has had these same issues and could point me in the right direction Smile

Thanks

Post #637545 22nd Jul 2022 9:06am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

First thing to do is remove and fully charge the battery, reconnect, reset all the codes and see what happens... low voltage causes all sorts of fun on Rangies...

Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #637586 22nd Jul 2022 5:10pm
joeinthecotswolds

United Kingdom 

Thank you Pete, I only use the car at weekends, so will try this Very Happy

Post #637590 22nd Jul 2022 5:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1