Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > P132B-22 (68) and Reduced Performance on instrument cluster
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
IanBoxgrove

United Kingdom 
P132B-22 (68) and Reduced Performance on instrument cluster

Click image to enlarge

Driving back through France with 3 tonnes on the back in the Ifor and thie ‘Reduced Performance’ came up.
Some background, my 3.6 TDV8 facelift was bought to tow! I have had the EGR valves mapped out but not blanked.
The result is a very competent car for towing long distances.My armchair on wheels sums it up.
It has done 110,000 miles and I purchased it with 105,000 on the clock, had the gearbox flushed along with a full oil and filter service.
Trouble is, even though thecar hadn’t towed, the gearbox has a ‘funny’ trait in that it over revs in the lower gears, i.e. changes up at 3,000 rpm rather than 2,00 ish. You can cheat this by momentarily lifting the throttle briefly to hasten the change.
I’m told that as the Sport shift changes OK, You can change up manually 2nd to 3rd and so on at sensible revs, around 2000 as you would expect. So the gearbox isn’t broke as such and I am wondering if a replacement mechatronic valve block would fix this?
What has happened to introduce the error is I was put in a position by an HGV that I had to floor the throttle and with kick down and the high gear change revs went up to over 4000 and the Reduced Performance message appeared.
Normally 3000.- 3500 is my max, so I think the second turbo kicked in and things went a bit wild!
I stopped and switched off, had a pee and when I started again, everything was back to normal. Only one DTC was logged, and so I think it was a blip.
No smoke, either at the time or afterwards so….
More importantly is the gearbox, which under no load changes smoothly a be it at slightly high revs.
Can it be cured without a complete exchange box and save my me some cash, money that can pay to cook and heat the house?!
Your thoughts.

Last edited by IanBoxgrove on 27th Aug 2022 2:42pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #641067 27th Aug 2022 2:36pm
IanBoxgrove

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

I tried to add the screen shot of the GAP DTC scan but it won’t play ball!

Now it does upload!

Post #641068 27th Aug 2022 2:39pm
KF

Finland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

There is no second turbo kicking in, 3,6 is a proper twin-turbo with 2 identical turbos, one per bank, operating at the same time.

Post #641078 27th Aug 2022 3:50pm
IanBoxgrove

United Kingdom 

Of course!
Any ideas on the gearbox issues, given that the Reduced Performance probably won’t happen again if I don’t let rev to over 4000 rpm!

Post #641112 27th Aug 2022 6:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1