Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Spain
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bill

United Kingdom 
Spain

Hi just returned from spain. We had a hire car Citroen cross (6????) in the Malaga area.

Now I know where all the good roads have gone from the U.K. . The Spanish have them! Well certainly in the area we were in. Three lane motorways sweeping across gigantic viaducts and mountains with graceful ease & not so much traffic on them until anywhere bear a large town. The coastal road was however busy.

The hire car was an eye opener with a cracking sat nav system . Separate from the dashboard. But set back into it, thus the screen didn’t stick out. Great design points here and there.

The Spanish were absolutely wonderful wherever we went. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #643510 21st Sep 2022 3:02pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Sounds good - I'm planning a Malaga road trip for November in the RR - will go via Madrid then Seville on the way there and up the coast on the way back - Alicante & Barcelona - or maybe I'll do it the other way around..... I can't decide Confused

Seems like a good way to spend 3 weeks in November though Cool

Post #643530 21st Sep 2022 5:59pm
TDV8_Tommy

Spain 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Baltic Blue

Just returned home from a blast up to Biarritz and back, ~1800 KMs in Westie, sensational roads all the way there and back.

No tolls, traffic or road rage. 2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Baltic Blue, Jet interior
1997 P38 2.5 DSE auto & 1998 P38 2.5 DT Manual
1988 Vogue 3.5 EFI - Manual, gone.
2004 Volvo C70 2.0T convertible, had since new.
2007 Mazda MX-5 2.0 Sport Roadster/Coupé, had since new.
2024 Mini Cooper S cabrio, JCW kit, 2.0, DCT auto

Post #643535 21st Sep 2022 6:46pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Alistair wrote:
Sounds good - I'm planning a Malaga road trip for November in the RR - will go via Madrid then Seville on the way there and up the coast on the way back - Alicante & Barcelona - or maybe I'll do it the other way around..... I can't decide Confused

Seems like a good way to spend 3 weeks in November though Cool

Alister , I am sooooooo jealous, this is the trip I have wanted to do pre covid for three or four years. SWMBO insisted we split it into three trips so far, and fly! ~ loved Seville. November and even the coast roads will be quiet.

Word or warning, some of the towns have very very narrow streets. Even the taxi drivers have to guide each other past the jagged edges of the stone walls ! All good fun.

On the last trip, in the hotel I bumped into a friend who went back to Ireland ten years ago… big surprise. Anyway he was advising how he didn’t take the hotel breakfasts and went out. Euro 7 for two instead of the hotel €20.00 per head breakfast. I brought him down to earth with our enjoyable €5.00 lunch for two , two drinks, and three tapas.

A most excellent way to spend November. Enjoy! Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #643543 21st Sep 2022 7:50pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Thanks - I'm looking forward to it.

I'll remember to breathe in when navigating the narrow streets Laughing

I spend the winter in Andorra so I'm already half way there.

Post #643565 22nd Sep 2022 7:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1