Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > New Windscreen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Christonabike

United Kingdom 
New Windscreen

For no other reason that to garner some sympathy I wanted to let the forum know that my lovely L460 will be receiving a new windscreen soon Big Cry

Picked up a stone chip that cracked during an autoglass repair.

More than a little nervous that the factory fitted Dashcam and ADAS can all be moved/recalibrated successfully but have chosen to stick with autoglass as opposed to my local dealership. They are the window experts and it’s a genuine windscreen.

Hold me in your thoughts marras.

Post #642602 10th Sep 2022 3:52pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I’ve had several RR screens replaced by Autoglass and they’ve been great. Hope your experience is similar. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #642623 10th Sep 2022 8:04pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Thanks Phil, that’s reassuring to hear.

Post #642630 10th Sep 2022 10:55pm
MJG

Australia 2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

You mentioned in your blog a” factory fitted Dashcam” I have never seen this option before, I do have the Land Rover Dashcam in my 405, however that was fitted by the dealer after purchase.
I have not seen this option in the configurator interested to know how you had it factory fitted.
Thanks

Post #642631 10th Sep 2022 11:04pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

I didn’t spec it. It was one of the ten per dealership launch vehicles.

Post #642653 11th Sep 2022 11:16am
MJG

Australia 2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Okey-dokey thanks

Post #642654 11th Sep 2022 11:20am
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba
Re: New Windscreen

Christonabike wrote:
For no other reason that to garner some sympathy I wanted to let the forum know that my lovely L460 will be receiving a new windscreen soon Big Cry

Picked up a stone chip that cracked during an autoglass repair.

More than a little nervous that the factory fitted Dashcam and ADAS can all be moved/recalibrated successfully but have chosen to stick with autoglass as opposed to my local dealership. They are the window experts and it’s a genuine windscreen.

Hold me in your thoughts marras.

They did my L405 about 6 weeks ago, they did a great job, recalibrated etc, no problems.

However, they did my L322 3 weeks ago and when I drove it next day, I noticed two scratches probably from fitting. One is near the centre of the screen, the other to the left on the drivers side. They're coming back tomorrow to fit a new one.

Do be sure to check for this thoroughly in bright daylight as soon after fitting as you can. While they've been "OK" about changing it, even though I reported it to them within 24 hours of fitting, they still made me go through their warranties department - Not sure how easy it would have been 2-3 weeks after fitting.

Post #642685 11th Sep 2022 4:00pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

That’s good feedback Aja500, thank you.

I will give it a good look over once it’s done. I have to admit to being a little nervous around the Dashcam. It’s an extremely thin adhesive panel that I’m not confident will re-adhere as easily. Adding fresh double sided tape will mean the camera sits more proud of the windscreen. Going to have to suck it and see I think?

Click image to enlarge

Post #642693 11th Sep 2022 6:06pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Two things to mention… If you booked it in with your main dealer, they would probably get Autoglass out to fit the replacement anyway!

Second and I’m sorry your not going to like this I’m afraid… I spoke to our main dealer the other week when I picked up some big chips! Expecting to need a new screen, I asked if they could supply a new adhesive sticker and adhesive pad to stick/remount the JLR dashcam kit… They told me (after speaking to factory) the fitting kit is NOT available separately sir!! They did however send me the data sheets on what the 3m black plastic material is and what the 3m double sided tape is!!!

They said, “however, you can buy a new Dashcam kit to get the materials you need sir”

Bloody ludicrous!!!

Post #642698 11th Sep 2022 6:27pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Dealers generally don't use Autoglass / Autowindscreens etc. they tend to use local independents and supply the glass to them - something the 'nationals' don't like as the glass is part of their profit stream. The advantage for you, as a customer, is that things like LR dashcams will have to be refitted, so the dealer will have to buy the kit and stand the cost. Aftermarket fitters (autoglass etc.) will just treat it as a 'aftermarket fit' item and then it becomes your problem - same goes for any sensor calibrations. We've had (not JLR) several Autoglass etc. supplied screens with the front facing sensor pack loose or incorrectly fitted, leading to everything from auto wipers inop. to pedestrian protection issues, fitting an OEM screen has in every case (after an attempted calibration) resolved the issue - it's not always the fitters at fault, sometimes the glass & fittings are poorly assembled.

Post #642699 11th Sep 2022 7:07pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

From what I understand, it's your choice who fits your screen (although the Excess may be slightly higher if you go main dealer).

This is not like my old L322, this is not a cheap car!!!!! - Don't mess about Christonabike, get the main dealer to sort it.

If anything goes wrong, they will have to rectify it.

Also, bear in mind all accessories such as Dash Cams, Side Steps etc also come with the manufacturer's 3 year warranty if fitted at time of delivery, or at any time within the first 12 months of registration.

Post #642701 11th Sep 2022 7:22pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Phoenix wrote:
Dealers generally don't use Autoglass / Autowindscreens etc. they tend to use local independents and supply the glass to them - something the 'nationals' don't like as the glass is part of their profit stream. The advantage for you, as a customer, is that things like LR dashcams will have to be refitted, so the dealer will have to buy the kit and stand the cost. Aftermarket fitters (autoglass etc.) will just treat it as a 'aftermarket fit' item and then it becomes your problem - same goes for any sensor calibrations. We've had (not JLR) several Autoglass etc. supplied screens with the front facing sensor pack loose or incorrectly fitted, leading to everything from auto wipers inop. to pedestrian protection issues, fitting an OEM screen has in every case (after an attempted calibration) resolved the issue - it's not always the fitters at fault, sometimes the glass & fittings are poorly assembled.

It’s an OEM screen that they will be fitting. Likely only because aftermarket screens for L460 aren’t seemingly available yet however I stressed to my insurer that it must be a genuine LR supplied windscreen.

Post #642703 11th Sep 2022 7:42pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Cam-Tech-Craig wrote:
Two things to mention… If you booked it in with your main dealer, they would probably get Autoglass out to fit the replacement anyway!

Second and I’m sorry your not going to like this I’m afraid… I spoke to our main dealer the other week when I picked up some big chips! Expecting to need a new screen, I asked if they could supply a new adhesive sticker and adhesive pad to stick/remount the JLR dashcam kit… They told me (after speaking to factory) the fitting kit is NOT available separately sir!! They did however send me the data sheets on what the 3m black plastic material is and what the 3m double sided tape is!!!

They said, “however, you can buy a new Dashcam kit to get the materials you need sir”

Bloody ludicrous!!!

Can I ask what the 3M kit is Craig?

Did you successfully replace the screen/Dashcam?

Post #642704 11th Sep 2022 7:44pm
RDR

United Kingdom 

Might be worth double checking they have the l460 on their system to complete the ADAS calibration. Mrs RDR cracked the windscreen on her VW ID3 a week into ownership it was one of the first on road in the UK. They couldn’t calibrate the cameras presenting a legal disclaimer on collection warning the safety systems may not work, had to book into the dealer to sort it. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #642705 11th Sep 2022 7:49pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Christonabike wrote:

It’s an OEM screen that they will be fitting. Likely only because aftermarket screens for L460 aren’t seemingly available yet however I stressed to my insurer that it must be a genuine LR supplied windscreen.

Good luck with that translating to the insurers fitters...
My advice would be to take photos of the LR dashcam fitment and insist that it is refitted as that is how you purchased the vehicle - and included in the insurance as a build / dealer pre-purchase option. How that is done and who pays for it is a discussion between your insurer, their glass replacer and probably a LR dealer. All you need to do is insist that the functionality, fit & finish is the same as when you purchased the vehicle.

Post #642708 11th Sep 2022 8:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>