Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Replacing outer rubber seals - do I need to buy new panels?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Farre

Finland 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Bournville
Replacing outer rubber seals - do I need to buy new panels?

Hi all,

In my process of refreshing the rubber seals around doors and panels, I seem to be facing a growing frustration regarding the design of the spare parts when looking at the spare part manuals. I tried searching the forums with the spare part codes without much luck, but maybe someone has already been in this situation before.

Specifically, I'm looking to replace the following rubber trims / seals:

(1) front doors' lower outer rubber seals right at the bottom of the door - I believe the spare part in question is (LR006222) ie buying the whole unpainted lower panel with the seal attached and not just the lower rubber seal?

(2) rear doors outer rubber seals - spare part (LR031403) seems to be direct replacement for the seal only

(3) D pillars' rubber seals between the window and roofline. Mine has worn off and dropped behind the panel itself. Seems to require replacing the whole panel (DDH000093PNP)

So my question for (1) and (3) is if there's any meaningful way to only replace (or clean and re-attach) the hanging rubber trims instead of buying them with new panels which I don't need?
Apart from the visual irritation of the D pillar missing its rubber trim, does water do any harm if it gets behind this plastic panel?

Photos of the parts (1,3) below.

Many thanks for your input.

(1) lower outer rubber seal

Click image to enlarge

(3) d pillar rubber trim above the panel
Click image to enlarge
 2011 RR (L322) Vogue 4.4 TDV8 in Bournville Metallic
1992 911 (964) Carrera 4 in Oak Green Metallic

Post #648614 20th Nov 2022 12:27pm
Googs

Australia 

I had the same problem on my drivers fr door (rhd) and same as you went to Parts department at the Dealers, cost an arm & leg so i carefully trimmed the the worn out piece of seal off and did the same to each door so it looked the same.

I don't do any wet 4X4ing so no water gets in and there is a good door seal on the inside of the door. 2003 RR L322 4.4 ltr Auto Zambezi silver Custom paint

Post #648786 21st Nov 2022 8:15pm
jimmie

Poland 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

for pillar rubber - cheap solution - buy worn pillar with good rubber, cut it carefully, and glue to your pillar.
Expensive one - buy new pillar cover

Post #648814 21st Nov 2022 10:58pm
T4ls

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

Hi guys, appreciate this is an old post now but I have the exact same issue on the d pillar on my newly acquired car. Hoping someone can advise if it’s just cosmetic or could lead to issues like water ingress if not replaced. Keen to avoid having the replace the whole pillar if it can be avoided or at least deferred until I get other work done. Thanks

Post #675069 7th Oct 2023 9:07pm
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

I drive in dusty conditions. When giving the car its rare washing, if dirty water runs out from the bottom of the cover I flush water into the top until clean water runs out the bottom. No water gets inside the car.

Post #675071 7th Oct 2023 9:41pm
T4ls

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

Thanks, GraemeS the water running onto the car as a result of the missing trim was my main concern. It sounds like its been fine for you so I'll keep an eye, hopefully, mine will be the same. Ill likely get the seal replaced at some point from an aesthetics perspective but if not critical/low risk leaving it for a bit then makes sense to wait till other jobs are being done.

Post #675111 8th Oct 2023 8:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1