Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Qs about heated screens, front and rear
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Greg66

2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Santorini Black
Qs about heated screens, front and rear

Two completely different problems with the front and rear screen heating elements. Car is an 06 L322 V8 SC.

Front: for as long as I can remember the driver’s side element works but the passenger side doesn’t. I’ve always assumed the windscreen itself is at fault, but I wonder whether (a) there are separate fuses for L side and R side (the dividing line is smack down the middle of the screen), or there is a connector under the bonnet I can pull, clean and see whether that makes a difference. Any suggestions?

Rear: put crudely, the element film has started bubbling. Unlike the front screen where the elements are in the glass, on the rear the element seems to be part of a film that is stuck to the inside of the glass, though I can’t feel an edge to any film to confirm that idea. Mine has begun to develop little standing horizontal waves - small horizontal ridges, and there are now enough of them to make identifying a car behind me next to impossible. I can still see there is a car there, but not make out what it is. Can the film be removed and replaced? If so anyone know the part number I need, and have any tips? Range Rover 4.2 SC
AM V12VS
Mini JCW conv

Post #649323 27th Nov 2022 11:03pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I think you will find the rear is bubbling an added tint film, the element is on the inside of the glass, to check, look at the outside, if you can clearly see the heated elements in a straw colour then you have aftermarket film on the inside of the windows...

If you take off the front "A" pillar covers, which is one torx bolt under the airbag badge and then just pull off, you will find the plugs for the heated front screen, easy to check for voltage here with a meter....

Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #649326 27th Nov 2022 11:12pm
Ramblin Man

England 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

I‘m researching a different windscreen problem in the same area and found this diagram in the WSM, hope it helps :

My issue is a failure of a bank of heating elements about 15cm wide right in front of the steering wheel. I suspect a flat foil connector has detached from the screen. I’ve fixed this type of issue on a different vehicle using conductive pcb repair paint but in this case I may have to take the dash apart just to inspect what’s there. Not sure I’m ready to take that on at the moment. TDV8 4.4 2012

Post #649328 27th Nov 2022 11:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1