Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Are you giving up?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Are you giving up?

Little activity in the L460 thread recently. Maybe reflecting few deliveries?

Have any of you waiting in the line considered to pull out? Or are you still waiting for a future delivery like the rest of us?

The very few of you taken delivery already: Any news? Keen to hear about your experience with the L460 so far!

Post #646734 28th Oct 2022 8:12pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

I only saw my very first one on the road yesterday! 😮

Last edited by Red Merle on 29th Oct 2022 1:40am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #646741 28th Oct 2022 9:19pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

I think you’re spot on Eirik.

The launch and subsequent supply issues have been so disappointing.

I joined this forum shortly before I received mine in May and it’s been really sad to see the activity slip away as people have been faced with such disappointment since then.

Part of the enjoyment of ownership for me would be in sharing the experience with others but it just feels like gloating now and that’s a bit crap.

Post #646748 29th Oct 2022 12:15am
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

I've been sat on the fence for a while so decided to place a deposit but when the only communication I got from the dealer was to notify me of an increase in price, I took the decision to cancel my order.

Questioning whether I'd done the right thing, I popped into a dealership this morning while waiting for my other half and personally I think some of the trim feels cheap, that was never a criticism you could level at the L405 or L322, the button to open the Centre Console Lid, for example, feels really flimsy. They had a P530 AB with 6000 miles in the showroom, when I asked what the history was with the car, the salesman said a customer bought it and decided it wasn't for him. You can read into that what you want.

Post #646772 29th Oct 2022 11:11am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

That’s interesting.
I’ve never looked at one (buying one isn’t an option!), but I’d never voluntarily choose to move to a straight 6 3.0 diesel, when I already have a V8 4.4.

Post #646775 29th Oct 2022 11:25am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Red Merle: the D350 is actually nice to drive, including in comparison to the 4.4SDV8. I take the point about value for money compared with what you have just now. Incidentally I met a very nice black/grey merle collie this week, a lovely dog.

AnotherMutley: It may depend a bit on what model, but in general I agree that some of the finishes are disappointing, especially in the context of the price. It is surprising in some ways that LR seem to be trying to save money on things that people will see and touch all the time. The steering wheel, non-leather headlining, sun blinds and door speakers all struck me as poor in the HSE I drove. In a £100,000 + car one does not want to be thinking "that looks/feels a bit crap".

The seat leather on the D300SE in the dealer showroom recently struck me as hard and short of appeal, to the extent that I called in at Edinburgh Bentley on the way home to compare the Bentayga interior. It was much better. OK, it is more expensive, but not THAT much more, especially compared with the higher trim grades of the RR, and there seems none of the nonsense of removing audio options etc. and delivery times seem about half what LR are quoting. If LR want to compete in the luxury segment, which seems what they are signalling with their prices and some of the "fancy" non-utility features, they will need to do better. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #646779 29th Oct 2022 12:11pm
Crocs

Scotland 

The SE leather is typically Windsor Leather. If you upgrade to semi-Aniline, the difference is noticeably superior.

Post #646795 29th Oct 2022 4:39pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Thanks for raising this Eirik, I have recently been thinking exactly the same about the lack of activity, things are very quiet here at the moment in the L460 section.

Christonabike - Very decent and honest of you, and yes, it must be a bit awkward. You understandably want others to be in the same position as you, so you can compare and share experiences.

Interesting what AnotherMutley says about trim quality - Doesn't surprise me at all in the SE and lower level trims, although I'm expecting better in the Autobiography. It seems JLR are trying to save money wherever they can but as CS says, even at entry level, this is still a £100k+ car, so the customer should be getting better.

I don't know if it's just me and getting older, and I don't want to point out the obvious here, but doesn't everything seem to be going up to a ridiculous new level? And I'm not just talking about the obvious stuff like food and energy, but everything.

I've just been quoted £120k for a nice'ish kitchen, with only entry level Gaggenau / Miele appliances - With the additional costs of new flooring and a bit of plastering, small wall removing and a horizontal "steel" inserting in it's place, it's going to be in excess of £150k!!!!!
It's only a Censored kitchen, my wife and I's first home 15 years ago was only £285k, and for that we got an entire house!!

Another example, I've recently been told by the Service Engineer at Worcester Bosch that I need to make an alteration to the boiler pipework at home, something to do with the position of a safety valve. He says it's a very simple fix.

So, I called a local plumber the other day and asked him to quote. As he couldn't be bothered to call round, he asked me to email him some photos. So, I sent the pic's to him and he later replied saying he couldn't say for sure but quoted me £360 for 4 hours work, and a further £90 for a piece of pipe, "could be more though" he said.

So, I replied with: "OK, I'll go for it, if that's the maximum it's going to cost, but as you're less than 2 miles away, could you please just call round to look at the job and confirm that there wouldn't be any further cost"....... He didn't even bother to reply to me!!! - £450 for 4 hours work and a lousy piece of copper pipe and he can't be Censored .

The cost of everything seems to be going crazy - I'm completely fed up with it all.

I do still have the L460 on order, but I'm also still looking for a super low mileage L322 4.4 TDV8, as this is a great car and in my opinion hard to beat - Sure it's not the last word in cool style and screens, but it's a fantastic comfortable, practical car.

Post #646797 29th Oct 2022 5:22pm

United Kingdom 

Over 14 months now since I ordered. The dealer tells me they are not making V8s at the moment. Which is odd when I saw a box fresh 72 plate in exactly my spec in London a couple of weeks ago. Rolling Eyes

I could deal with the wait but the spec downgrades (Meridian) and the price increases are difficult to swallow. I will keep my order in until it turns up but I am not sure if I will take it now.

Something else that I wonder about is availability of parts when they go wrong. Given that they are having trouble getting the parts to build them, what happens when bits need replacing (which as we all know with new LR products, can be necessary Laughing )?
I was getting my Lambo serviced last week and the service guy said that there were no 23 inch tyres available for the Urus because of lack of chemical supplies for the rubber compound. If you get a puncture that is not repairable the only option is to buy a tyre from the Lambo factory at a cost of £1500 each Shocked

Post #646802 29th Oct 2022 5:58pm
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Here in Norway we - the customers who have ordered a new JRL - got an email from JRL country manager where he apologised for the situation. The extended waiting time is both due to lack of parts from subcontractors, but also due to a record high demand for the new JLR products (I read the L460 and the new RRS). Nice to be contacted, but hardly any new info for us still waiting.

We got to test a P530 AB a few hours two weeks ago; an great experience! The only tiny issue I registered was the wind noise from the side mirrors - I guess this wind noise is more prevalent due to the otherwise very low noise level in the cabin.

We've informed the dealer that we'll rather wait than getting a P510AB without the Signature sound system or any of the other ordered parts currently in short supply. Hopefully JLR will be able to resolve the production issues Q1-Q2 2023?

Post #646806 29th Oct 2022 7:30pm

United Kingdom 

Eirik34, if waiting to get the spec we originally ordered, at the price at time of ordering, was possible it wouldn’t be so bad. However, I don’t think this is the case.. The spec and price is a moving target and you get what you get when your build comes up.

Post #646808 29th Oct 2022 7:40pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

I've been in the Cotswolds this week, and saw many new Range Rovers and RR Sports on the road. I don't think any of them were PHEVs, but it was good to see, even if it does make me wonder about my car.

Most of the colours were either black and grey, with a few FFRRs in Belgravia Green, and a couple of RRS in teal (not sure of the official colour but it's like a blue / green). Made me wonder whether I should re-think my Charente Grey choice, but then the fact that I have gone for no privacy glass will differentiate the car, as all of the ones I saw had privacy glass. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #646842 30th Oct 2022 9:14am
RDR

United Kingdom 

I keep contemplating bailing on my order I’m honestly not excited about it which given my past feeling about the delivery of the 9 new LRsI purchased is telling as normally I can’t wait.

The quality of the interior does bug me it’s clearly heavily using components and styling from the parts bin. I would urge anyone in a dealership to take a moment and sit in a new discovery, look at the steering wheel, hvac and trim generally it’s on a par if not the same.

I also keep thinking the SE spec gives the most bang for buck, the cost difference between the AB for a few bits of leather trim and better seat leather to me just doesn’t stack up for me. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Last edited by RDR on 30th Oct 2022 1:12pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #646843 30th Oct 2022 9:16am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

I passed a full transporter load of FFRR's on the M4 between Bath and Bristol this week so there are a few being delivered. Two were bronze coloured, the rest dark. All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #646853 30th Oct 2022 10:18am
EdJ

United Kingdom 

I think the key point in terms of my order, is that very few of the FFRRs on the road are PHEVs, and probably none of them is the P510e model.

The other aspect is the higher spec Autobiography models are not being delivered either. Although quite a few of the very early deliveries were in this spec. I guess that was slightly before all the supply challenges properly kicked in.

As we've discussed often on here, if my dealer were able to just give me more of an indication on when to expect the car, I'd feel a lot better about it. The idea that I could be waiting until next summer, which would mean almost 2 years since the initial deposit was placed, is just ridiculous. But if I were told this, then I'd prefer it to the complete lack of information I have right now. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #646855 30th Oct 2022 10:30am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>