Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > BEWARE.....Warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Chalky

United Kingdom 
BEWARE.....Warranty

I bought my Vogue SE brand new in 2021. You would expect that everything would be under warranty for 3 years.

A month ago, every time I got in the car, the LR fitted Dashcam kept telling me "Check your SD card". The car was due it's first service so I mentioned it to the Independent garage who was due to do the service. They gave me a read out from JLR dated 2020 saying there was a known fault and the method of fixing the problem. I followed the instructions but nothing happened, I stil got the annoying voice telling me to "Check the SD Card".

I rang the dealer who supplied the car. They told me that the warranty had run out. After some heated toing and froing it was agreed they'd collect the car and look at it FOC as a "goodwill gesture". Today it went in and I've just had a call to say the car would not be back for 3 days as it was under a "Duty of Care" order from JLR. When I asked what that was all about, the caller told me "As JLR are involved with out of warranty claims we need to keep the car until JLR agree with the costs involved!!"

Have you ever heard such tosh in all your life? It's my final car from LR after 14 previous ones, which is a shame because the vehicle is beautiful to drive (when everything works) but I'm damned if I'm going to line the pockets of such an arrogant organisation. The car cost me north of £100k and they quibble over a £500 dashcam which should be under warranty anyway!! All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #667844 29th Jun 2023 10:44am
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

Duty of Care would suggest that there's something wrong with the car that would expose the owner to some form of risk/danger if they released it, a faulty dashcam surely wouldn't fall under this.

Something sounds amiss Chalky.

I've found LR's manufacturer warranty to be worthless, after two dealers had tried to fix a coolant leak, the third dealer wanted to do a coolant flush as they believed there was an airlock after the water pump replacement, the flush wasn't covered by LR warranty, the car was only 13 months old. Exec Office got involved and were worse than useless.

Post #667848 29th Jun 2023 11:41am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

I think that maybe they are worried that if anything happened on the road (car crash/accident), and the dashcam was inoperable (especially as they were told over a month ago and they knew about the fault in 2020!)), there is the danger I might claim against them.

Who knows with JLR? All LR cars from 1984

Post #667855 29th Jun 2023 1:36pm
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

What I don't get is why they think your car is out of warranty...

If you bought it brand new in 2021, surely the whole car is under warranty until the same date in 2024? 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #667863 29th Jun 2023 4:15pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

The dash cam is only under warranty if it was fitted within thirty days of registration of the vehicle by a JLR dealer. Is this the case?

Post #667880 29th Jun 2023 6:38pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Exactly!!

The thing that annoys me more than anything is the manager acted as if he was doing me a favour by giving me "Goodwill". I reminded him that I have been a LR customer since 1984, I have a car that is under Warranty, which means everything inside and outside the car, including a LR fitted Dashcam!

A shambles and customer service which is non-existent! I just hope you L406 owners don't get the same treatment.

Autobiography.....The Dashcam was fitted before I collected the car from Solihull and was part of the spec when I ordered! All LR cars from 1984

Post #667881 29th Jun 2023 6:39pm
RDR

United Kingdom 

If the camera was fitted by the dealer then it’s a 3 year warranty on it. I’ve experienced both scenarios..

Bought a disco 4 and fitted the genuine rear ladder myself. It rusted after 18months and warranty refused.

Bought next disco 4 and had dealer fit genuine ladder at delivery. It rusted and was replaced with no quibbles twice in three years of ownership. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #667891 29th Jun 2023 8:52pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Chalky wrote:

Autobiography.....The Dashcam was fitted before I collected the car from Solihull and was part of the spec when I ordered!

As others have said , it’s a three year warranty. Sounds like it’s factory fitted so it’s just a quibble between dealer and factory.

Hope it’s sorted soon. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #667980 30th Jun 2023 3:59pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

The problem was a faulty SD card. I tried a new one before the car went in but it didn't work. The technician tried another and it worked (they didn't leave it in for me.....that would never do!!!) so they returned the car and said I had to buy another new one, which I have done for the princely sum of £11.................shall I sent them the bil!!!!???? Censored All LR cars from 1984

Post #668127 2nd Jul 2023 10:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1