Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > 2 x New Hybrids Cant be delivered tomorrow!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

had a quick look and cant find that reference Phil.. Sad ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #651344 21st Dec 2022 10:59am
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

bruntyy wrote:
So that’s exactly what I thought at first.

Surely they don’t ship it to a dealer and then ship it back… but yes they do.

I guess the only good part is that actual dealer is very close.

But apparently at the dealer they fitted:

Side steps
Dash cam
Mud flaps

That said, that’s the least of my worries atm!

Clearly you've done your research on this bruntyy - Sounds right then.

I'm just really sorry for you bruntyy, it's so disappointing, but like almost everything now in life now, it seems as if nobody cares anymore and any kind of customer service or decency has become a thing of the past. This all went out the window with Furlough and WFH, worse thing that ever happened in my opinion.

JLR dealers have always been dreadful but they're currently at an all time low. You're spending circa £300k, and you're supposed to feel grateful, like they're doing you a favour!! - Unbelievable.

I think as others have said, they're probably trying to get you to cancel, at least one of the cars. They'll be thinking "why does he need two". We can make an extra tidy sum if he only takes one.

Tell them you want the issues sorting and definitely don't cancel - Don't give them the pleasure, or more importantly, the additional profit!

My local dealer has an SV in their showroom £229k!! Yet I paid £5k deposit for my car in September 2021 and I don't even have a build slot yet.

They aggressively forbid their customers to resell, yet they're more than happy to openly do it themselves with massive margins over RRP - The hypocrisy is unbelievable.

I can't wait for the day to return, when production is back to normal and the salesman / dealerships have to start to earn and appreciate our business again.

At present, in my opinion, JLR dealers and the sales teams are the shiftiest, lowest of the low!

Post #651346 21st Dec 2022 11:14am
aja500

Gremlin500 wrote:
@bruntyy,

I’m sure I’ve read on this very forum that deployable side steps are a Dealer Fit?
Certainly on my own vehicle, underneath they look like they.’ve been put on with a knife and fork, not quite a “factory fit”.
( A quite rough-arsed hacksaw trimming of plastic shielding around the rear motors/hinges)

I can’t seem to find that reference again, unfortunately, perhaps Stan can help……. Bow down

You're right Gremlin500, they are typically dealer fit. You would normally take the car to the dealer following collection from Solihull.

From memory, I was told by the VIP centre in Solihull that mine were fitted at the factory as a favour, by their division which takes care of the cars for the Royal Household. So on reflection, yes, it's NOT normal for them to be fitted at factory.

However, I suspect bruntyy's car has only been sent to the dealership prior to Solihull handover because it is local, I doubt they'd do the same if the supplying dealer were in Aberdeen. In this and most instances, they would have to be fitted following collection from the VIP Centre.

Post #651347 21st Dec 2022 11:24am
cass

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

+1 for Weegie's cynicism - IMHO threatening to cancel seems utterly pointless on a car with a huge waiting list. I expect they will have a que of people willing to pay well over the odds to get one now which takes away any leverage you had.
I can't picture them offering much in the way of freebies, why would they? all you can do is walk away which frees up 2 cars to sell at a premium.
Because salesmen are such honest trustworthy chaps I doubt any of them will have a list of their own people willing to pay over the odds and give them a drink for their trouble, but if they did then they'd be rubbing their hands at the thought of someone giving them 2 very desirable new cars.
I would suggest making them realise that you are NOT going to cancel and make it obvious that you are going to be the biggest pain in the ar$e that they've ever seen on a weekly/daily/hourly basis until both your cars are delivered.
If you can get at least 1 courtesy car out of them it should help them focus on speeding things up.

Post #651349 21st Dec 2022 11:32am
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

stan wrote:
had a quick look and cant find that reference Phil.. Sad

Embarassed Sorry Stan, it’s in my 2017 Accessories & Options Price List:

Under Accessories, Deployable Side Steps, it say “Consult Retailer”.

So yes, confirmed defo a “Dealer Fit”, or at least was in 2017 Whistle “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #651351 21st Dec 2022 11:44am
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

Thumbs Up “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #651354 21st Dec 2022 11:58am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Certainly on the L405 steps were a dealer fit - they don't appear on the build sheet.

However, for a factory pick up, you'd expect them to be fitted there - it would even make more sense for the dealer to dispatch a technician to do it at the factory than transport the car to the dealer and back....

Post #651371 21st Dec 2022 3:45pm
AJGalaxy2012

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

bruntyy wrote:
Yes that’s correct,
But the pickle we are in, is that we have sold both our current cars privately and are a little stuck.

What sort of remuneration / compensation / gifts of good will could you expect in this situation?

They should loan you a pair of Range Rovers until they've sorted your order out to your satisfaction, its the very least they can do. It would give you transport and give them an incentive to sort out the problems quickly. BMW i3 Electric Car
2012 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8 (now gone)
2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Post #651385 21st Dec 2022 5:39pm

United Kingdom 

It seems like this is a new low that JLR has sunk to. Building cars to a random spec based on what they have in the parts bin at the time. The customer then accepts something different to what they have ordered or the dealer gets to sell it on at a huge mark up if the customer rejects.

It’s a really nice experience to order something, wait well over a year for it to be delivered and then find out it’s not what you ordered. Then you are just told to take it or leave it. What a joke.

Post #651387 21st Dec 2022 5:44pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

I’m with AJ

Look for loan cars and ask them to rebuild from scratch. ; In theory they can give you the two they have now, rebuild & give you two new cars, sell the two old ones at a profit. Everyone wins.
I’m sure your dealer is mortified.

You do have to keep an eye on what’s achievable in your negotiation. ; The 460 is superb, just clamber over the hurdles. For what it’s worth , mine had to be jumpstarted on delivery & the battery fault I now have is now my fault. I don’t care & I will rise above the nonsense & will get over it. !!!!

Good luck Thumbs Up Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #651415 21st Dec 2022 11:22pm
bruntyy

2013 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

So, I'm not going to lie, yesterday was a stressful day! With so much money being spent, it really did take it out of me!!

BUT... The guys in the dealership were great.

We got picked up in a Brand new Sport (which are SO much nicer in the back than the previous one!)

Then we just sat in the Sales Managers' office and hashed it out. They apologised on their end profusely and showed us where things went wrong. They showed us back in October when the factory actually changed the spec of the car without notifying them or us. (I made it clear that in this current climate that the dealer must check the builds if JLR are changing them to whatever parts are available!)

So what was the outcome?

They have loaned us 2 cars until things are sorted. 1 x 72 Plate RR and 1 x 72 Plate RRS.

Car 1: Not starting via the keys or locking and wrong spec!
They seem to have got to the bottom of the issue, it needs 2 x New keys and a new KVM Module
(But shock, these are on back order!)

Car 2: The scratched windscreen and wrong spec!
It looked like someone has gone over 2/3 of the windscreen with a sharp blade getting the factory stickers off.
No replacement windscreens are in stock!

We actually saw a different car in the showroom that we actually liked better so we have swapped the car for this! Changed a few things like black colour coding and different wheels etc..

btw... The dark red interior is SO much nicer in real life!!

So car 2 we are happy with the outcome.

Car 1 however... still quite unsure!!

I really appreciate all your comments and feedback!

That said, I've been driving the demo RR and wow! It's some car. The rear-wheel steering is so strange but I love it!!

Post #651451 22nd Dec 2022 2:54pm
aja500

Glad you managed to reach a satisfactory agreement bruntyy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #651480 22nd Dec 2022 8:36pm
AJGalaxy2012

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

Thats better news for sure and you deserve it after all of the grief.

Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your new toys. BMW i3 Electric Car
2012 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8 (now gone)
2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Post #651495 23rd Dec 2022 8:13am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

That's sort of good news then, hope it's sorted to your satisfaction soon....

At least you get to drive two of the fastest cars in the world... both loaners.... Whistle Laughing Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #651562 23rd Dec 2022 6:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12