Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > 2015/16 Range Rover FF v Sport ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Thomson653

United Kingdom 
2015/16 Range Rover FF v Sport ?

Hello everyone one
I appreciate where I am but I expect there is a lot of knowledge on both vehicles so I thought I would ask

I am currently torn been a FF Range Rover and the sport (2015/16)

I was wondering if anyone can give me a comparison of both ? If possible I would go for the 4.4 diesel in both but finding one In the sport is much harder than the FF.

Post #651766 28th Dec 2022 12:07am
V8 Bob

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Ipanema Sand

Think it’s only in the autobiography in the Sport. Certainly the later ones are Euro 6 and have the added advantage of lower tax.

Have considered this myself and the Sport is normally cheaper even in AB spec. Interested to see hat others think. 2012 tdv8 Westminster arrived Jan 19 gone Dec 23

200 TDi discovery bobtail gone
RR classic v8 bobtail gone
300 tdi Discovery 3 dr gone

Post #651780 28th Dec 2022 10:27am
SamThomas

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Baltic Blue

I can only comment on the earlier vehicles - I had a 2003 L322 TD6 & now have a 2005 L320 2.7

They are very different vehicles in the way they drive - the FF "wafts" along, the RRS as the name suggests has a much harder ride but for a big top heavy vehicle surprisingly sprightly.

The RRS shares a lot with the Discovery.

I do miss a few things about the FF - the analogue clock, the way the lower tailgate hinges down & the heated steering wheel.

TBH, when I bought the Sport I yearned for another FF, but as time goes on I prefer the Sport.

I was looking for a Discovery but the really nice ones were silly money & the more affordable ones had been used as workhorses & looked it.

Post #651783 28th Dec 2022 10:41am
kevin-t

United Kingdom 

My advice would be to visit showroom that has both for sale....ff v sport.
To feel the comparison.
when I was on the search for one around 18months ago. I borrowed a FF of a friend for the day, just a bog standard vogue 3.0 2017.
I was totally impressed with everything. However, I was adamant I needed a 4.4, due to crank failures. so searched for months, however nothing jumped out at me at the time.
During the search the sport I own now popped up. It's lovely blue 4.4 a/b 2016 and a great car, however, that is what it feels like a car, as apposed to a Range Rover.
I was smitten with the colour, condition, low milage, 4.4. So impulse purchase. Bought within 20 mins of viewing.
As time goes on, as nice as the sport is, I still regret NOT waiting for the right FF to come along.

The sport is No way near as practical as the old D3 I used to have, where ass my pals FF is, to be honest mine seems a lot cramped compared to my pals vogue also.
Still I have a great sport, albeit car like. Do I wish I had waited for the right FF to come along YES..Am I happy now YES.
Sit In both side by side, then make your own mind up.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Happy hunting........

Post #651789 28th Dec 2022 12:21pm
SS.Lyria

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

Have owned 5 FF’s and currently own a 2017 Sport.

I agree with the other comments, the Sport is decidedly car like in comparison to a FF. Ok if hustling along is your thing as you can really push the Sport on the twisty stuff. But I’m more of waft along driver these days and the FF wins hands down in that department.

It was a bit of a rushed purchase as I was offered a really good px price on the 5.0 FF I owned at the time. A fantastic car that unfortunately liked to break down on a regular basis. And to be fair the Sport has been very reliable. But I’d jump back into a FF tomorrow if I wasn’t being offered such miserly trade in prices on the Sport.

Post #651857 28th Dec 2022 11:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1