Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Pedalbox accelerator on a 5.0 SC?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Mangoman2

Pedalbox accelerator on a 5.0 SC?

hi,

The 5.0 SC has more than enough power and cruises beautifully but after coming from a 4.4 I notice the 1-3k range has a lot less grunt until the SC winds up. Especially with typical urban driving. I can press the go faster pedal hard but next thing I know its way pass any legal speed limit.

I was told two options at different extremes to solve this is either a full remap with smaller pulleys and adds 100+ horses and tq's or get a pedal box type device (DTUK call it PEDALBOX PLUS, another is Sprintbooster). They are not the full boxes that send altered figures to the ECU to increase power but just plug into the accelerator pedal and change the throttle input values and improve acceleration.

Im not inclined to mess with the engine with new pulleys and maps as I don't need more total power and I don't want to increase stress to the engine and transmission etc.

So has anybody experience of the Pedal box on a SC? I watched some videos from US of guys with Dodge hellcats (trying to find reviews with SC engines) and its seems they snapped their heads back on first try. Maybe more for effect or are they really that touchy to use?

thanks and Happy New Year

Post #652203 31st Dec 2022 7:57pm
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

I just wouldn’t bother …. A pedal box isn’t going to magically bring the torque down in the rev range … it’ll just mean that it’ll rev up quicker to the higher revs for given pedal position … you could just learn to press the pedal harder and get the same result or put it in sport mode which normally makes the throttle more responsive. V8 or else ...

Post #652208 31st Dec 2022 11:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1