Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > First Service Cost
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Christonabike

United Kingdom 
First Service Cost

My L460 will be in next week for its first service having tipped 20,000 miles, initial dealership price quoted was circa £770, my nearest JLR service centre quoted an exceptionally reasonable £322. What a pleasant surprise.

Delighted.

Post #653413 13th Jan 2023 1:30am
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

Wow! Bet there can't be many customer L460's with 20k on them already!

David. 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #653440 13th Jan 2023 12:37pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Christ on a B

U had flashing indicators. Just updated my ‘bought a 460 ‘ thread. Might be a similar issue? U may want the sponges removed.
Really tough to get to and always the risk of breaking a clip or similar, or leave well alone? Choices.

Bill Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #653645 15th Jan 2023 4:54pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Hi Bill,

The issue with the indicator was thought to be a single LED in the rear light bar that had gone. Local dealer replaced the entire light bar as its a sealed unit. No issues since then.

Post #653681 15th Jan 2023 10:10pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Are you getting like for like though.... JLR will do a basic service which is just an oil change OR they will do the full service as dictated by age and mileage, the two can be very far apart in terms of items changed/checked etc. They will also update the service history to show a service when in fact just an oil change has been done...

Worth asking what is involved in each service offered...

If the two services are the same then something is really wrong at JLR.... Shocked Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #653715 16th Jan 2023 11:04am
Bill

United Kingdom 

Christonabike wrote:
Hi Bill,

The issue with the indicator was thought to be a single LED in the rear light bar that had gone. Local dealer replaced the entire light bar as its a sealed unit. No issues since then.

Much the same as mine then, brake lights wouldn’t work. Diagnosis & remedy by JLR assist , replace back light unit.

Waiting for dealer to reconfirm. I’m told the units are on back order, also waiting for that re confirmation . I’m wondering if it’s the piece of wet sponge that did it in? ( mine now removed) .

There has to be a business for someone to refurbish these entire units. Chap next door , a hands on engineer, saw no problem with taking the Perspex off and replacing Perspex on a 405 unit. Regret he has retired! Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #653720 16th Jan 2023 12:03pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Haylands wrote:
Are you getting like for like though.... JLR will do a basic service which is just an oil change OR they will do the full service as dictated by age and mileage, the two can be very far apart in terms of items changed/checked etc. They will also update the service history to show a service when in fact just an oil change has been done...

Worth asking what is involved in each service offered...

If the two services are the same then something is really wrong at JLR.... Shocked

I should really update this thread. The chap at the JLR service centre quoted me for an inspection and not a service. The service cost remains £105 less that the dealership. The really good news is that they’re honouring the original price quoted as a gesture and on account of my wife’s car being in at the same time for its major service.

I got lucky in the end is all!

Post #653746 16th Jan 2023 5:56pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Bill wrote:
Christonabike wrote:
Hi Bill,

Much the same as mine then, brake lights wouldn’t work. Diagnosis & remedy by JLR assist , replace back light unit.

Waiting for dealer to reconfirm. I’m told the units are on back order, also waiting for that re confirmation . I’m wondering if it’s the piece of wet sponge that did it in? ( mine now removed) .

There has to be a business for someone to refurbish these entire units. Chap next door , a hands on engineer, saw no problem with taking the Perspex off and replacing Perspex on a 405 unit. Regret he has retired!

I agree Bill. I’ll gently enquire next time I’m in to what happens with these minor defective parts.

As an aside, have you had a recall notice on your vehicle regarding an incorrectly torqued retainer for the exhaust?

Mine has, but I’ll stress it came off the production line in March and it references clearly that it affects a limited number of vehicles from that time. Just wondering if it’s a longer term issue for others also?

Post #653747 16th Jan 2023 6:00pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Thanks C.O.B

I haven’t had any notice but will enquire. Thanks . They won’t be pleased as up to their neck in work and not accepting anymore until they can clear what they have.

Good news…. Despite telling me it would take two weeks to look at it, they did so today and replacement part ordered . New light segment.

I MIGHT be very wrong about the short… apparently the wires are dead until the circuit is switched on… I haven’t a clue.!!!

Has to be a reason why they tell the engineers to remove the sponge from both sides, not just the affected one. Anyway irrelevant with warranty & replacement car. Frankly to get to the loom/light there are a couple of bits that need prising out & my worry is ,by fiddling, a clip is broken.

Sh 1 T happens and A busted light here or there is not an issue if it’s dealt with swiftly, and politely. Still a fantastic car. Can’t wait to get it back… Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #653820 17th Jan 2023 6:06pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Christonabike wrote:

As an aside, have you had a recall notice on your vehicle regarding an incorrectly torqued retainer for the exhaust?

Mine has, but I’ll stress it came off the production line in March and it references clearly that it affects a limited number of vehicles from that time. Just wondering if it’s a longer term issue for others also?

Thanks for the heads up, the dealer was aware and has it in hand. It’s good he knows , I know!

As posted elsewhere I managed to get a replacement lamp. Not so easy Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #654970 28th Jan 2023 3:30pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Service complete! A hefty 10.5 litres of oil required for the oil change.

As it’s unsurprisingly the first L460 they’ve serviced and the work was carried out at an LR service centre as opposed to a dealership the chaps in the service centre were blown away by the vehicles rear wheel steering and turning circle.

Incidentally our Velar had its 82000 mile major service at the same time and runs like a dream! Still a brilliant car!

Post #655548 4th Feb 2023 12:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1