Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Steering angle/trans/HDC/progs/suspension lowered cascade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RogerL322

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black
Steering angle/trans/HDC/progs/suspension lowered cascade

I have occasionally had the "cascade" of transmission fault/special programs/HDC/lowered suspension along with the normal steering angle sensor light and the lack of ABS. However, while this was normally reset with a restart and left lock / right lock, the issue now seems to have become permanent and putting my IID on it I get the fault below. Clutch position in rear diff not learned...

Any clue as to what the underlying cause is? My previous understanding (ignoring the diff clutch not being learned) was that this stemmed from the steering angle sensor. When that gave a bad message then it caused the other failures including HDC inactive, ABS inactive and lowered suspension.

The steering angle sensor light now flashes all the time and no amount of left lock/right lock makes a difference...

Any and all assistance gratefully received

Range Rover Vogue SE L322 3.6TDV8 2008

Post #654444 23rd Jan 2023 9:49am
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

Calibrating the e-diff is available on the IIDtool.

Post #654448 23rd Jan 2023 10:28am
RogerL322

GraemeS, I can see a calibration function for the transfer box clutch, but not the rear diff, or am I missing something? Range Rover Vogue SE L322 3.6TDV8 2008

Post #654449 23rd Jan 2023 10:50am
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

I'll check shortly, but IIRC the function was added at my request a few years ago as I needed it after installing an e-diff with a control unit out of a D4.

Edit: The only option I could find was service/test for the rear diff, which I then ran. It ensured that the ignition was switched off then switched it back on then waited a while for the RDCU to go through a checking procedure which I assume included calibrating the diff.

Note that mine is MY12 so the same IIDtool option might not have been added for the earlier canbus vehicles.

Post #654513 23rd Jan 2023 8:01pm
RogerL322

GraemeS,I do have the self test. Unfortunately it just finds the same errors rather than trying to recalibrate or reset. Thanks for the advice though... multiple self test can sometimes unstick something that's stuck after all. In this case, no joy. Going to take the connector off and thoroughly clean. Then if no joy, the motor and if necessary redo bushes etc. Then finally, if that don't work, spend £165 of many hard earned cash on a new unit and hope that OEM means just that. Range Rover Vogue SE L322 3.6TDV8 2008

Post #654538 23rd Jan 2023 10:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1