Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Installing my Blackvue DR650GW-2CH
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dave

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
Installing my Blackvue DR650GW-2CH

I started with the rear camera, as the wire was going it be the longest to hide, i decided to position it on the passenger side, under the windscreen wiper blade, as directly in the middle was no good because the wipers miss a half moon section of the screen.

once positioned, i ran the wire under the plastic trim, just pushed it up with my fingers, then down the channel where the trim overlaps, the wire fits into this. I held it there with some masking tape, when the tailgates closed you cant see any wire.

Click image to enlarge

I then ran the wire under the rubber seal until it meet the left side pillar

Then again using just my fingers i pushed the wire under it, i left a little showing so you can see.

Then hid the wire under the black trim, this just pulls down

Then again under the pillar, i then pushed the remaining wire under the headlining, then to the bracket that hold the front camera

The front camera was positioned on the passenger side, it cant be seen when driving as its hidden by the mirror
The front camera wire was pushed into the headlining, then down the same black trim

The power wire was continued down the black trim, alongside the door past the plastice cover where the passinger airbag is turned on/off.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I then drilled a small hole eek lol, and passed the wire underneath it so it went behind the lower glove compartment to the power magic pro.

The magic pro has 3 wires the yellow is permanent live, i found that fuse F4 was empty, and marked as spare but permanently life, so i used a 5 amp fuse wrapped it around the spade and pushed it in.
The red wire is live with the ignition on and i found that the fuse directly above is perfect. The black is earth, and i used the upper 10mm bolt, that to the right of the fuse compartment to place the black wire.

i used insulating tape to hold the wires together, then placed the fuse cover back on, the wires fit in a gap between the catch

With the glove box still down i gathered all the wire and taped them together, i then used double sided tape and tapped the wire to the back on the glove box

I used a clip to hold the power cigarette socket, i used insulating take to cove the metal as it also helps to hold the wires and i didn't want it rubbing overtime and possibly shorting the wires, i taped the male and female cigarette sockets together using insulating tape, just to stop them coming apart, i then stuck the access power wire to the side on the glove box, again using double sided tape

I stuck the power magic box using the double sided tape. When the glove box is closed you have access to the on of switch and the wires are out of view
Last pictures are of the front camera and the view to the rear.

I hope this helps someone, and thanks to all for the PM's and advice

Dave Dave

2012 Vogue Westminster 4.4

Post #391105 10th Jun 2016 7:04pm
AMV

2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

wow, you make it look easy in your post, gotta try Laughing Santorini Black RR Vogue 4.4 TDV8

Post #428085 17th Feb 2017 10:58am
tvrforever

Couple of questions :-

1) How have you go on in general with it, and would you still recommend?

2) Is there any better way of routing the cable over the inside of the top of the rear tailgate (eg where masking tape is shown being used)?

Cheers

Ian

Post #428094 17th Feb 2017 12:25pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

good job Dave Thumbs Up

@Ian, this panel comes off very easily , just pull it off and route the cable behind it..

... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #428098 17th Feb 2017 12:52pm
tvrforever

Hmmm so do I do it myself, or have it fitted professionally? (http://blackvuehd.co.uk/blackvue-camera-installations-uk/)

And any views on the new Blackvue DR650S–GW HD–2CH ?

Post #428126 17th Feb 2017 4:23pm
lounge_on_wheels

Australia 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Zambezi Silver

How do you find the image payback on the Blackvue?, I fitted one to the front and find that recorded footage does not clearly show number plates, I was wondering if the Rangie Heated windscreen is causing the clarity drop due to the matrix built into the windscreen glass ?

Post #428202 18th Feb 2017 12:37am
Mike_A4

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I appear to have the same camera setup in mine but no instructions. Assuming I know nothing, how can I talk to these things? It tells me it has no wi-fi every time I move off. I know that much.

Post #654496 23rd Jan 2023 5:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1