Home > Technical (L322) > P2263 / P0046
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Grundey2

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black
P2263 / P0046

Afternoon all.

Well following my previous posts on replacing the alternator and accessing the car with a flat battery, I now have a new issue.

Since buying the RR I have had an intermittent fault, P2263. It has been really sporadic, some days it wouldn’t fault at all, others it would be after a couple of hours driving and sometimes it would fault, reset and be fine and other times it would fault over and over again.

Having just fitted the alternator at a friends garage, I took Betty for a quick test drive, only about 1 mile but she drove fine. Went to set off again and within 400yds it went into restricted performance. We ran a diagnostic and it brought up P2263 and p0046. We checked all the turbo posts and cleaned the MAF sensor. Cleared the faults and took her for another test drive.

Another mile and all good. Went to set off home again and 400yds down the road the same happened again.

The car has stood a few weeks waiting for the alternator to be done (I’ve been too poorly) so wondered if it could be an actuator sticking, but why would it drive fine for the first mile?

It is also doing something else (although it may always have done this as you can’t here it from the cabin), if you rev it and then let go of the accelerator, you get a chuff chuff chuff from the O/S air box (I assume as the turbo boost reduces). Could the issues be linked or is this normal?

Any help would be welcomed, cheers, James

Post #657078 18th Feb 2023 7:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1