Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Gearbox oil leak, I think at least
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
davedorson

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Barolo Black
Gearbox oil leak, I think at least

I suspect it's the mechatronics seal on my 3.6 tdv8 (key in dash 2007), but I'm not 100% sure.

Noticed a bit of a rainbow under the car and there's a light gold oil drip or two where I park around the gearbox / transfer case area.

Looking under the car I can see a bit around the box, I've not properly crawled under to look yet and will do tomorrow, but as I bought the car with no sign of a gearbox service I did buy the kit and do already plan to do the filter and oil, planning to do the diffs and transfer case next month, but wonder if it's worth doing the seal where the wiring for the mechatronics unit wires go in while its apart. It looks easy enough.

Where's the best place to buy the sleeve and seal and what else should I be doing if I'm doing that with the oil change.

Post #660856 1st Apr 2023 1:45pm
garyRR

United Kingdom 

Yes, always change the seal and the valve block seal also (a bit more work).

To change the mechatronic seal, once you've got the sump off, there's a little plastic tab you pull down to 'unlock' it, and can then twist it outwards (need to unplug the loom first - it's a blind spot, so a torch and mirror or camera are handy).

To replace the valve block seal, you need to remove the screws of the mechatronics pack and drop it down (weighs about 5kg). There's a specific torqueing procedure for both the mechatronics pack and the sump.

If you search Google for ZF 6HP service procedure, ZF publish an excellent guide on how to perform all tasks in an easy to read flow chart format. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #660858 1st Apr 2023 2:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1