Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Android radio install, 2002 Vogue with DSP - help required
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Sam Skelton

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green
Android radio install, 2002 Vogue with DSP - help required

Hello all,

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

I have bought the cable below for my planned Android installation into my 2002 4.4 Vogue with DSP and Communication Pack.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394114224812

My intention is to keep the DSP system and to tap into it with an IBUS adaptor. I'll be using the Android unit's GPS aerial under the dash top, so the only things I should need to extend are the radio wiring and the aerial if I've got it right.

I've seen plenty of guides on how to do it, but some mention clipping the wiring to the DSP module as well as the radio module in the boot - and none are especially clean on what goes where. Have I bought the right cable for the job or do I need one that will clip onto the module AND the loom in the boot to make everything work? Given that it's my everyday car and I'll be driving to a friend's place for his help fitting it, I'd rather make sure I have everything right before I begin!

Thank you.

As an aside, I've also seen this - would this in theory negate the need to extend anything by plugging into the car's existing in dash wiring?

https://xtrons.co.uk/bmw-iso-wiring-harness-bmwdsp01

Post #658362 3rd Mar 2023 6:31pm
GRANGEROVER

Germany 

I researched the same for my 2003 Vogue but never decided to actually do it. I just fitted a Bluetooth adaptor instead of the CD-changer.
You definitely need the long cable you already bought. Inside the dash there is only a special connector for the screen as the "computer" an radio unit are fitted in the Trunk. I don't think you need the adaptor.
Are you planning to keep the original screen in the glovebox to keep all the car specific settings?

Post #658420 4th Mar 2023 11:19am
Ansi

Switzerland 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Adriatic Blue

You need the https://shop.ibus-app.de/en/i-bus-app/acce...usb-i-bus-, a Xtronic Android Head unit, the long cable from the back to the head unit (from Xtronic and last but not least the famous https://www.ibus-app.de/index_en.html
The Webpage of the I Bus App gives you all the info’s you need for a successful installation.
I did this in my previous 2004 with DSP, it's great and gives a lot of opportunities.

Post #658441 4th Mar 2023 2:33pm
Sam Skelton

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

GRANGEROVER wrote:
I researched the same for my 2003 Vogue but never decided to actually do it. I just fitted a Bluetooth adaptor instead of the CD-changer.
You definitely need the long cable you already bought. Inside the dash there is only a special connector for the screen as the "computer" an radio unit are fitted in the Trunk. I don't think you need the adaptor.
Are you planning to keep the original screen in the glovebox to keep all the car specific settings?

No, I'm using the IBUS interface and app to do that.

My concern with the long lead I've bought is that some I have seen have extra plugs to retain the DSP. This doesn't have those.

Post #658462 4th Mar 2023 6:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1